News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happens to Ryan Sessegnon is spurs sign bale?

Started by General, September 16, 2020, 05:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Couldn't agree more Denzil. He can stay where he is, he left of his own will, the pen writes and having written moves on.

Logicalman

To answer the opening question: He gets to understand what the saying about grass being greener is all about (If he hasn't already worked it out);

To answer the question as to making a bid for him: Well, he has proven he has no loyalty to Fulham, and that's good enough for me. What happens if we sign him on a three year deal and after two years we get relegated? He'll be on his toes faster that you can spot him, and we'll be understanding the meaning of 'never look back'!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

St Eve

I don't really understand the theory that if you leave you can never go back. If your opinion is that he is not good enough then ok, but if he is, and I think he is, then why not?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: St Eve on September 17, 2020, 03:39:43 AM
I don't really understand the theory that if you leave you can never go back. If your opinion is that he is not good enough then ok, but if he is, and I think he is, then why not?

I think I understand...let me see if I can outline it. (I'd take him back if the loan was cheap enough btw)

1.  People didn't think he showed loyalty.   Which I really don't care about.   If he had a bad run of form would Fulham be loyal if there was a better player available?   I remember Claudio not being very loyal to Ryan.  Anyway...he got his payday as he should.   A return wouldn't be anything more than Fulham paying for a player that knows the club who Scott Parker thinks might help us stay up.

2.  He wasn't that good in the prem.   He wasn't.   But he was also young, and trying to adjust to playing with a new set of players and playing for new managers.   I'd give him another shot hoping we could get more of these moments.  I assume he's better now than he was back then.

3.  He makes too much for our wage bill.   Only TK knows if this is true.    If it impacted us getting another winger who cost £15-25 million, no...but if it doesn't impact our wage bill I'd rather have a comfortable Sess playing with Mitro than Cav or BDR being on the pitch.

I think those are the 3 main reasons.

Myself, I'd take the young man back if he wanted to come.   I doubt seriously he'd go through the personal embarrassment of coming back here though.  I know I wouldn't want to do it if I'd cut ties with the team.  Not because I wouldn't like coming back, but because of me feeling that many Fulham fans would feel I'd thought about myself first.   (Which I feel he had every right to do)  Too much weight to deal with when all he wants to do is play football.

Fulham vs. Sheffield United : Some good R. Sess moments in this game.

rebel

Sess wasn't great for us in the Prem. In one match he just fell over on 4 occasions, no one near him. That happened in more then one match. People can bang on about him, but the jury is out on whether he can perform meaningfully in the Prem. I think Khan Junior said he won't be coming back. I think he has problem with Tottenham / Levy.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on September 17, 2020, 06:16:55 AM
Sess wasn't great for us in the Prem. In one match he just fell over on 4 occasions, no one near him. That happened in more then one match. People can bang on about him, but the jury is out on whether he can perform meaningfully in the Prem. I think Khan Junior said he won't be coming back. I think he has problem with Tottenham / Levy.

Ah.. reason #4.   

Not sure I remember any game where Ryan fell down 4 times, much less more than one.    He wasn't productive...I'll agree with that.

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2020, 06:19:31 AM

Ah.. reason #4.   

Not sure I remember any game where Ryan fell down 4 times, much less more than one.    He wasn't productive...I'll agree with that.

I remember those games well.

Dodgin

Good luck to him, he secured his future with a move. He gave his all when he was here and respected the club. Pretty sure when he plays at the Cottage again with whoever he will get a good reception.

Jeroen

If he would improve us and the deal is right, I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Yes people says be choose for himself, but don't forget we probably wouldn't have gone up this year if we hadn't.
We got 25M + Josh for him. If not for that money we would have had to sell Mitro or Cairney and Josh was amazing after the Covid break

H4usuallysitting

He was earning between £10/15k/week with us.... He's on £40/55k/week with hotspuds....let him enjoy his money, and get him back on a free in 2024

Andy S

What would be the point in taking him back and making him a better player only for Spurs to benefit? No point so leave him to rot. Sorry as it is up to  Spurs to invest in the players on their books not us

toshes mate

I look forward to Bale cleaning and shining up Ryan's boots for him but it does seem an awful waste of money for a boot shiner ...

Nero

Grealish has got an England cap out of fallening over, and was anyone great for us in the Prem, as for people saying he should no loyalty he showed a damn sight more then harvey elliott he could have gone a lot sooner or sat about until his contract expired and the club get nothing. If he was availble to sign on a premanent deal Id take him

HobGoblin

The guy left after being a very good player for our club. He was tempted by the offer of a manager at the time whom would have brought him on. The spurs manager now isn't that type of manager and spends big on established players rather than bring younger players through and develop them.

Could Ryan have developed under us going onwards no one really will know. I'd err on the side of caution and prefer we went pastures new on signings. I can't see anything from spurs other than a loan and imo, that is not good business for Fulham

St Eve

Gossip I know, but the Sun is reporting that Jose wants to offload Sess. Getting interesting

cottage expat

Quote from: HobGoblin on September 18, 2020, 09:35:15 PM
The guy left after being a very good player for our club. He was tempted by the offer of a manager at the time whom would have brought him on. The spurs manager now isn't that type of manager and spends big on established players rather than bring younger players through and develop them.

Could Ryan have developed under us going onwards no one really will know. I'd err on the side of caution and prefer we went pastures new on signings. I can't see anything from spurs other than a loan and imo, that is not good business for Fulham

Sums it up nicely.

..FOF..

Ryan may be good, but probably not good enough for what we already have in our under-23 squad.

Why pay more:)

grandad

I don´t want us to be doing Levy´s dirty work. I would like Sess to come back but on our terms. I can´t see him as a starter but a bench player who can cover FB , wing back or winger.
Where there's a will there's a wife

7787fulham

We all said it at the time that it would ruin his career to move so early with not much prem experience and jose coming in was the nail in the coffin as he doesn't do youth he would rather spend millions than see what he has. TK has made it publicly known that he has no interest in signing him and from the words used it would seem like there is bad blood maybe we wanted more than the 25 million but maybe behind the scenes ryan pushed for the move so we had to accept less. But I wouldn't have him back unless he was on a free.

fulhamben

Quote from: 7787fulham on September 19, 2020, 02:31:17 PM
We all said it at the time that it would ruin his career to move so early with not much prem experience and jose coming in was the nail in the coffin as he doesn't do youth he would rather spend millions than see what he has. TK has made it publicly known that he has no interest in signing him and from the words used it would seem like there is bad blood maybe we wanted more than the 25 million but maybe behind the scenes ryan pushed for the move so we had to accept less. But I wouldn't have him back unless he was on a free.
im not a jose fan, but that is a bit harsh on him. sess is nowhere near as good as Son and bale on form is on a different planet. what manager would say lets play sess instead
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.