Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 07:55:32 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 17, 2020, 07:18:25 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on September 16, 2020, 08:20:50 PM
Cordova Reid has to be worse

Couldnt score in a brothel
yep and knockaert misses the target again
f
At least he had some shots, I remember Malcolm Macdonal saying always have a shot, if you miss you miss, but have a shot.

yes, I'd imagine he would have expected the odd shot to go in, or at least hit the target on occasion
Yes quite correct, but as I say at least his having shots, I think a few others ought to try it rather than fluffing around ending up back in our own half.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Rambler

Look let's face it. Other than Mitrovic none of the other attacking players are going to
cut it in the PL. why we made all their signings permanent during last season was in hindsight stupid but if we'd stayed in the championship it would make sense.
Unfortunately we are now left in a position of having a load of championship forwards on long contracts who've recently signed. It'll be difficult to get rid of them this window

fulhamfever

Wow first competitive game back for Knockaert and y'all knocking him already.

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamfever on September 17, 2020, 10:52:03 AM
its a continuation from last season though isn't it. He's end product is so poor. It was poor in the championship and poor against a third division team last night. Can't see it miraculously improving in the prem. he's more than likely going to be third choice if aina has more than one leg, so It's a bit of moot point really
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 11:17:26 AM
its a continuation from last season though isn't it. He's end product is so poor. It was poor in the championship and poor against a third division team last night. Can't see it miraculously improving in the prem. he's more than likely going to be third choice if aina has more than one leg, so It's a bit of moot point really

I think he could still prove useful this season. Only takes additional confidence and form to start converting some of those shots into goals and crossed into assists. Lets face it, he'll get service in this team, so its his position to take/lose. I'd still like a quality signing come in but I'm not writing him off just yet.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 17, 2020, 12:13:51 PM

I think he could still prove useful this season. Only takes additional confidence and form to start converting some of those shots into goals and crossed into assists. Lets face it, he'll get service in this team, so its his position to take/lose. I'd still like a quality signing come in but I'm not writing him off just yet.

I hope we sign someone better as well as there's no guarantee Knockhaert will find his form again.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

FFC1987

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 17, 2020, 12:17:10 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 17, 2020, 12:13:51 PM

I hope we sign someone better as well as there's no guarantee Knockhaert will find his form again.

Yeh, agree. Even for squad depth he has a place but reinforcing key areas is always good.

FulhamStu

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 16, 2020, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 16, 2020, 09:28:47 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 16, 2020, 09:17:59 PM
I know he's not playing but Cavaleiro is worse than Knock and Bdr
At least the other two try whereas Cav doesn't appear to give much.
Instead of buying these 3 we could have had money to spare.

Well we know Cav scores and creates more goals than those two, so if he does it without even trying as hard as them, and also not even being played in his best position, then that suggests he must be a far more talented player
So you say...
I think he gets caught constantly and loses the ball, doesn't chase back and often doesn't make space for a pass ie move to create space.
He just looks uninterested imo.
Hasn't shown enough for the cost and we should've waited to see which division we ended up In, Before the outlay...
And that goes for all 3 although the other two do try harder if not really being that successful - possibly it will come?

Let's say for instance that we paid £4M each for the loan with £4M to complete the purchase.  We don't really know what they cost, it's mostly press speculation or agents who could not be telling the truth ! but given the above was the case, for a £4M outlay you have player added to the squad or a player you could sell for say £8M, you make a £4M profit rather than letting them go back to their club...so good business.

Mickeyboro

You break even. But none of those three would sell for 8 mill...

Statto

Quote from: alfie on September 17, 2020, 09:11:17 AM

f
At least he had some shots, I remember Malcolm Macdonal saying always have a shot, if you miss you miss, but have a shot.

yes, I'd imagine he would have expected the odd shot to go in, or at least hit the target on occasion
Yes quite correct, but as I say at least his having shots, I think a few others ought to try it rather than fluffing around ending up back in our own half.

I'd rather he didn't shoot and am frankly astounded that neither Parker nor the player himself appear to have realised how crap he is at shooting and made more effort to pass to someone more likely to score (which is any other Fulham player)

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2020, 12:35:21 PM

f

I'd rather he didn't shoot and am frankly astounded that neither Parker nor the player himself appear to have realised how crap he is at shooting and made more effort to pass to someone more likely to score (which is any other Fulham player)
yep, why oh why would you play someone who is so bad at shooting as an inverted winger. it makes no sense

Jim©

Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 08:20:15 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 17, 2020, 08:15:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 07:37:26 PM
Is the worse finisher i think I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt.

He's Pele compared to some of the finishers we've had over the years.
who, who has a worse shot to goal ratio than knockaert?

Schurrle without a doubt.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on September 17, 2020, 12:35:21 PM

f

Herein lies, for me, the even bigger problem - he is not that good at passing/knowing when to pass either. Always seems to release it too late. Biggest and most recent example being the end of the play off final when we broke away at 2-0 up, Knockaert on the ball, Cav running with him in space, one Brentford defender. Square it at any time and it's a tap in, 3-0, game done. Instead he waited and waited and then released it too late and too close to the keeper. Brentford then score and it could have been nervy if there had been any time left. Not sure I ever would have forgiven him if Brentford then equalised.

It happens more often but not as glaringly obvious or in that area of the pitch. As it is, I want to like him, he works extraordinarily hard for a player in his position, but... It's difficult... I do think he is better than he has shown. I hope it clicks for him here soon. For everyone involved.

Jamie88

I would put Eddie Johnson ahead of Knockaert in terms of finishing, also Aluko was pretty appalling.

Statto

Quote from: Jim© on September 17, 2020, 12:41:17 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 17, 2020, 08:20:15 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 17, 2020, 08:15:49 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 07:37:26 PM
Is the worse finisher i think I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt.

He's Pele compared to some of the finishers we've had over the years.
who, who has a worse shot to goal ratio than knockaert?

Schurrle without a doubt.

6 goals in 21 starts is a record Knockaert can only dream about

RaySmith

If you don't shoot you don't score.

He wasn't far off last night, and we know he can score these type of goals.

he puts in a good effort, as said, and  helps out in defence.

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2020, 12:48:41 PM

he wasn't that far off? Did I miss a shot that nearly hit the woodwork then, as all the ones I saw were miles wide.

bencher

For me the biggest disappointment was when he missed a clear chance in the first minute after we kept the ball from kick off and worked up the pitch. It's not just him as we as a team are guilty of missing early chances too often. But he ballooned it over the bar. Goals change games. We have to be clinical. All his other shots after that were close-ish and were not exactly ballooned over but he REALLY needs a goal to get his confidence back. There is a decent player in there but like a lot of wingers it's all about confidence. I think the same goes for Cavaleiro really. He was made permanent off the back of a number of good and important goals; he has now totally lost confidence and hardly even takes any shots. As for BDR, he too lacks confidence but I'm not convinced he actually has the ability to step up to PL level. For a forward player his shots are quite lacking in power, his touch looked very heavy last night and I don't think he offers enough.

itombomb

Quote from: RaySmith on September 17, 2020, 12:48:41 PM

He does bust a gut when we lose the ball, but he's not actually good in defence. The reason he busts a gut is either because he's the one who's lost the ball or he's out of position in the first place, generally his hare'm scare'm style means when he is working back he over commits and is easily bypassed, and when we're defending as a team the opposition fullback usually has such an easy time moving off him into space.

The Rock

Not at all. He consistently blazes it over the bar, has been for years. Maybe you hadn't noticed.

You would think he would try and address this or alter his approach.