watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aina Joins Official

Started by robhaggis, September 11, 2020, 06:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofCheese

Seems like a really nice guy - welcome my friend!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Cookie6262

A few Torino fans saying he wasn't great last season but the way I see it a good young highly rated youngster leaves His home to live in another country while still only a teenager and has one good season and one average one, has now racked up a lot of experience in one of Europe's top 5 leagues and has gained a number of international caps. He is still young enough to hopefully keep improving and coming back to London to be with his family and friends may well help him.

LVBPTS

Quote from: Cookie6262 on September 12, 2020, 07:38:18 AM
A few Torino fans saying he wasn't great last season but the way I see it a good young highly rated youngster leaves His home to live in another country while still only a teenager and has one good season and one average one, has now racked up a lot of experience in one of Europe's top 5 leagues and has gained a number of international caps. He is still young enough to hopefully keep improving and coming back to London to be with his family and friends may well help him.
Agreed. I have a good feeling about Aina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supporter since 2000

FulhamStu

Just seen he is over 6 foot.   Could he play centre back ?   He is 2 footed and quick. 

Caedal

I have high hopes for this one.  My Chelsea mate says he's an excellent player. Seems to have a great attitude from the video posted on the offal and can only help that he's good friends with Hector and Onomah

FulhamStu

Ream and MLM are barely taller than Aina, just checked.

AnOldBrownie

Jamie88

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 01:02:09 AM
Where is he??

My guess is as good as anyone else's, but I imagine either he has a slight injury or he has arrived very unfit. I was quite surprised to not see him on the bench even the other night so it feels like he isn't ready

Craven Mad

Has he been in any of the recent training vids? Guessing he's injured...

General

Weird parker has said everyone is fit. Others mentioned he may be away with Nigeria but that was proven incorrect.

I'd say he was quarantining but we've seen pictures of him training.

It's perplexing for sure. If anyone here has a sports journalist who can ask parker questions, finding out the latest on aina is going to be helpful.

alfie

Quote from: General on September 25, 2020, 08:52:00 AM
Weird parker has said everyone is fit. Others mentioned he may be away with Nigeria but that was proven incorrect.

I'd say he was quarantining but we've seen pictures of him training.

It's perplexing for sure. If anyone here has a sports journalist who can ask parker questions, finding out the latest on aina is going to be helpful.
Maybe he is just not in tune yet, some take a little longer to adapt.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2020, 08:10:26 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 01:02:09 AM
Where is he??

My guess is as good as anyone else's, but I imagine either he has a slight injury or he has arrived very unfit. I was quite surprised to not see him on the bench even the other night so it feels like he isn't ready

Parher has said that some of the new players weren't up to full match fitness, so that seems a  likely reason.
He's needed more training, as well as adaption with the others, before he is in the squad.

If it was just a question of what position would he play, who would he replace, you think he'd have  played in the Cup - even Seri played after all.

But since he doesn't seem to have the virus - not in isolation, then I think it's  a question of fitness, which could include an injury too.

humussapiens

Our "source guy" L-something said that one of the new signings was injured. Probably Aina.

filham

So, after four matches we are crying out for a player to put in an outstanding performance in a wide position. Why has Aina not yet been given any game time.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on September 25, 2020, 09:43:42 AM
So, after four matches we are crying out for a player to put in an outstanding performance in a wide position. Why has Aina not yet been given any game time.

Tete has been doing fine.

filham

Quote from: Tabby on September 25, 2020, 09:44:59 AM

I was thinking of the forward wide positions where Cav., Knock., Kamara., Reid, and Kebano usually operate but have yet to produce the goods.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on September 25, 2020, 10:12:39 AM

I was thinking of the forward wide positions where Cav., Knock., Kamara., Reid, and Kebano usually operate but have yet to produce the goods.

As far as I can see Aina has never played those positions in his career to date. Although he has played as a wide midfielder, he has never played as an actual attacking winger (even though I acknowledge that this may be a case of interpretation). He also has 4 goals and 12 assists over his 200+ games, so I don't think that we should count on him "producing the goods".

This is not to say that he may not be an option for the attacking positions, but I feel it's unlikely that he will be a clear upgrade on what we have there.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on September 25, 2020, 10:12:39 AM

Aina has yet to perform in any of those positions during his entire career. From everything Parker has said (not much tbf) he sees him as a defense. When asked if Aina and Tete could play in the same team Parker said that Aina can play at LB and also as a CB in a three at the back defender. Nothing about higher up the pitch.