more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eventual 5-4-1 Diamond?

Started by Bronaldinho, September 25, 2020, 10:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 12:49:25 PM
Chelsea play 4 3 3 like us. And I'm not bothering with the other 2 as they aren't successful but I doubt they would play such a negative system.

A system is not positive or negative based on how you set up on paper. maybe you shouldn't be so stuck on that. Wolves have also played 3-5-2 on many occasions.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 25, 2020, 01:45:00 PM
Chelsea play 4 3 3 like us. And I'm not bothering with the other 2 as they aren't successful but I doubt they would play such a negative system.

A system is not positive or negative based on how you set up on paper. maybe you shouldn't be so stuck on that. Wolves have also played 3-5-2 on many occasions.
in what world is starting with 7 players who primary job is defence not negative?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Last time I saw them they had a three back line and wing backs in Alonso and James. But that was a week and a half ago, so maybe they've changed tactics.

And I'd be pretty content with a top half finish like Sheffield United, but perhaps I'm just not ambitious enough.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 25, 2020, 01:45:00 PM

in what world is starting with 7 players who primary job is defence not negative?

If you think that a 3-5-2 requires having 7 players whose primary job is to defend, then I understand that it can seem negative. However, since that isn't the case, you seem to base your conclusion on an entirely false premise. Most players are required to defend nd attack to various degrees, but the formation on paper is not what determines this.

Both Dan Burn and Traoré were used as wing backs for their respective teams last season. Do you believe that both were used to the same degree because of their defensive qualities first and foremost?

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on September 25, 2020, 02:35:52 PM

Last time I saw them they had a three back line and wing backs in Alonso and James. But that was a week and a half ago, so maybe they've changed tactics.

And I'd be pretty content with a top half finish like Sheffield United, but perhaps I'm just not ambitious enough.
i went on the chelsea official page, all their results are there with line ups. they play 4 3 3
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

This thread poses an interesting question :-

Do we buy players to suit our system
or change our system to match our players.

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 03:26:18 PM
Quote from: Tabby on September 25, 2020, 02:35:52 PM

i went on the chelsea official page, all their results are there with line ups. they play 4 3 3
Must have mixed it up with the Arsenal FA cup final game. Sorry about that.

I also think that the difference between a 5-2-3, 5-2-2-1, 3-4-2-1 and a 3-4-3 is mostly semantics. Wolves play with wingbacks, a wingback is a winger in all but name as you put it yourself back in the Aina thread.