https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tete - views ?

Started by Whitesideup, September 19, 2020, 09:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 19, 2020, 09:44:47 PM
I would quite like our defenders to be able to defend first and cross the ball second. So for me I also would hold off on giving an opinion just yet.
you don't think he defended well? He made loads of tackles and blocks, and I don't recal any of the goals being his fault
Watch Leeds 3rd and 4th goals and look at Tete's position. He was too far forward for both goals. Too often trying to play right wing. Not necessarily his fault, hence why I want to see more of him.

St Eve

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 09:38:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2020, 09:35:25 PM
Too early to say.
its half nine, how late does it have to be to give your opinion on how he played today 😉
LOL

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I thought he did  very well, and looks class.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 10:15:03 PM
Tete kept their Jack Harrison quiet and the only problems that came on his side was on Hector imo. Looks like a really good option to me.

Same story against Ipswich, they had no luck down their left hand side until Tete got subbed.

True. About the 60th minute I realized they had barely even mentioned Harrison's name.

Plus he appears to be the best crosser the club have had at RB since I can't even remember.

Moltobueno

Thought he got tired in the end  but in general looked good. Surely our no.1 RB .
What has happened to that Ola Aina guy, have we signed him (Statto knows?)  :62:

FFC In Oz

He was definitely one of our better players.

Strong in the tackle, and for someone who wasn't renowned as an attacking full back, he's shown that he can deliver a nice cross too.

Solid defensively, the only defensive issue was their 3rd goal when Bamford split Hector and him, but that's a lack of communication, so not just his fault.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 20, 2020, 07:26:55 AM

Strong in the tackle, and for someone who wasn't renowned as an attacking full back, he's shown that he can deliver a nice cross too.

Solid defensively, the only defensive issue was their 3rd goal when Bamford split Hector and him, but that's a lack of communication, so not just his fault.

Communication was a 'big issue' regards all 4 goals conceded. The first goal, the keeper normally scans the penalty area for threats from opposition players, Costa was free, the keeper would and should have pointed that out. I wonder if Rodak would have? 

toshes mate

I thought he looked the best debutant we have had in a while.  He is strong, he has some pace, and he performed well when those around him struggled - Kamara was not so good with him and possibly didn't expect such a forceful player for a wing back.  Needs decent company on the right hand of defence and perhaps Reed getting some of his better form from last season.  Thought his crosses were delivered from deep but so accurate and difficult to defend against.  Mitro could break records if this goes on ...

Deeping_white

Quote from: itombomb on September 19, 2020, 11:31:41 PM
Thought he was largely excellent, showed real composure on the ball, great cross, and as trailed his work defensively one-on-one was great, dispossessed his man all the time.

Though got caught out of position up the pitch for their 3rd and 4th goals and you could tell he was exhausted with 15-20 to go.

Can't really blame him for being out of position for the third, he was pushed up as he should be when we go long and was busting a gut to get back. Hector literally looked at Bamford's position and then kind of turned away from him, meaning that as soon as the pass was made he was never in a position to do anything

Twig

Think he has great potential. Was caught out a few times and I put that down to lack of fitness, just needs to get up to speed.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on September 20, 2020, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 20, 2020, 07:26:55 AM

Communication was a 'big issue' regards all 4 goals conceded. The first goal, the keeper normally scans the penalty area for threats from opposition players, Costa was free, the keeper would and should have pointed that out. I wonder if Rodak would have? 

I think that's to do with the zonal marking system that Parker likes to use when defending set pieces.

I think Bielsa had done his homework and instructed Costa to get out the back after the corner was delivered, knowing that no Fulham player would track him because they were guarding space. 

filham

Certainly looks good in attack but went AWOL for their first goal. Early days, we have to give him time before making any judgement.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 12:51:19 PM
Certainly looks good in attack but went AWOL for their first goal. Early days, we have to give him time before making any judgement.
im not sure how you can say he went awol for the first goal. We stupidly play zonal and that's not a zone that was asked to be marked. Can't play zonal and pick up runners out wide, it just doesn't work like that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Runner up to Zambo for MOTM for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitesideup

Interesting mix of views. Thought he was good going forward. However posters comment with some degree of accuracy I think, that positionally he was caught out several times. Really disappointed with some of the goals and they largely came from the right hand side. He wasn't the only one not marking Costa, but who should be on that side, whether zonal or man-to-man? And I am happy to accept it's a team thing, but when he pushes forward that should not mean we are left exposed on the right. Our shape was terrible and that's a coaching issue, but also maybe partly due to the player being that new and not bedded in.

But for sure we cannot allow defensive errors of the same frequency every game.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 20, 2020, 09:10:28 PM
He wasn't the only one not marking Costa, but who should be on that side, whether zonal or man-to-man?
Suspect from where each of them was positioned that it was meant to be AK47, rather than Tete -- unless instructions were being disobeyed, that is.

And I am happy to accept it's a team thing, but when he pushes forward that should not mean we are left exposed on the right. Our shape was terrible and that's a coaching issue
Absolutely so.

but also maybe partly due to the player being that new and not bedded in.
To be hoped. We'll only know after another match or three.

FanFromAmsterdam

Tete played for Ajax a few years and I was surprised he signed for Fulham tbh. When he was playing for Ajax he was defensively solid but his attacking contribution was meh. He was never a standout player for us but was a solid starter, known for his sick sliding tackles.

Haven't been able to follow his progress at Lyon but if he made any progress then Fulham surely has a PL proof RB

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on September 19, 2020, 09:38:18 PM
Too early to say.
its half nine, how late does it have to be to give your opinion on how he played today 😉

I am nocturnal !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 19, 2020, 09:48:59 PM
Too early to say.
Was just looking for a first impression.

First impression is that his positional sense has to improve.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.