watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlon, How MUCH!!!!

Started by South Coast White, September 21, 2020, 09:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

I read on a thread last night that we are looking at this guy  Marlon for around £14. Seems very expensive when the estimated worth on 'transfer market's states 5.85m.
Is this another banana skin moment.

Woolly Mammoth

You were right the first time £14 looks too expensive  064.gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dr Quinzel

£14m is not a lot, these days. In this sport anyway.

Makes the Tete signing remarkable.

rebel

Quote from: South Coast White on September 21, 2020, 09:32:03 AM
I read on a thread last night that we are looking at this guy  Marlon for around £14. Seems very expensive when the estimated worth on 'transfer market's states 5.85m.
Is this another banana skin moment.

Who runs that website?, they will have 'caveats', i.e. if you spend millions of pounds based on our valuations we won't be held liable. It's a good source of info, but not for everything.

I've got Mitro at £100m, but am I qualified in anyway to make that sort of judgement. No.

Deeping_white

Transfermarkt values mean absolutely nothing though, if you go and find a sample of 15 players who have moved within the last year, I'd suggest that at least 12 of them were sold for more than their "value" on Transfermarkt

We Are Premier League

14m might be slightly on the high side but not outrageous in my mind.

Leeds bought Kock for 12
Liverpool sold Lovren for 11
Southanmpton bought Salisu for 11

junior white

Not that it is much different but i saw it as 14 million euros.

Don't know anything about the lad never heard of him. Not sure who we can go and get either

Bronaldinho

Barcelona are due 50% of any fee.

Barcelona are also due 6m euros if he plays 9 more games for Sassuolo.

Price inflated to cover the money that Barca will inherit.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

filham

The football world knows we are desperate for a centre back and that we have money, we are going to pay over the odds for anyone.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 21, 2020, 11:42:15 AM

That makes no sense, the 6m Barca clause is a strong incentive for Sassuolo to sell and will, if anythign, deflate the price as they are keen to get the sell agreed.

Dougie

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on September 21, 2020, 09:39:28 AM
£14m is not a lot, these days. In this sport anyway.

It's not even one Ivan Cavaleiro

Bassey the warrior

Does anyone know if he's any good in the air? He's very short but some players have a good leap. Looks quick, which is quite important as we play a high line.

Nero

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 21, 2020, 12:18:13 PM
Does anyone know if he's any good in the air? He's very short but some players have a good leap. Looks quick, which is quite important as we play a high line.

Who cares we conceded most of the goals on the ground

junior white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 21, 2020, 11:51:26 AM

That makes no sense, the 6m Barca clause is a strong incentive for Sassuolo to sell and will, if anythign, deflate the price as they are keen to get the sell agreed.
Not sure I Follow.

Sassoulo pay 6 million to Barca more if he plays 9 more games, but then if they sell that have to pay 50% to Barca. So while it could drive the price down it is unlikely too as they need to get money to cover what they initially paid for him which was some 6 million euros (as per transfermarkt) there fore they would want at least 12 million euros to cover that, which is why i guess it is above that.

Again i dont know anything and just guessing at this, has anyone seen the lad play regularly and is he any good?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2020, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 21, 2020, 12:18:13 PM

Who cares we conceded most of the goals on the ground

I know, but nevertheless it's good to have. Hector was great in the air last year, but so far he's been poor this season. I'm hoping he will get over the jitters.

Woolly Mammoth

If we have conceded most of the goals on the ground, it is because we fail to cut out crosses in open play and set pieces in the air, which had been an ongoing problem, it hadn't just started to happen, and in the Premier League we will get our backsides kicked with one of the shortest squads in the history of mankind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: junior white on September 21, 2020, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 21, 2020, 11:51:26 AM

Not sure I Follow.

Sassoulo pay 6 million to Barca more if he plays 9 more games, but then if they sell that have to pay 50% to Barca. So while it could drive the price down it is unlikely too as they need to get money to cover what they initially paid for him which was some 6 million euros (as per transfermarkt) there fore they would want at least 12 million euros to cover that, which is why i guess it is above that.

Again i dont know anything and just guessing at this, has anyone seen the lad play regularly and is he any good?

No idea if he is any godd, or if these Barca clauses are even accurate, but here is why is Sassuolo coudl be prepared to sell at a lower price.

If he plays another 9 games for them, he will cost them anouther 6m. They are therefore keen to sell him before that happens, even if that means selling at slghtly lower price.

As an example,
Selling now at 10 would give them 5, after Barca take 50% (5).
Selling later at 14 would give them 1, after Barca take 50% (7) and 6 for the 50 games played.
i.e. They are better off selling now, even if that means accepting a lower sale price. 

shepperton white

It's a bit like buying a house - it's not so much what they're worth - more what you have to pay for what you want or need. Right now we are desperate for at least one CB so the sellers have us by the short and curlies.  At least TK seems prepared to pay whatever it takes to  get one at least and maybe even two if gets Foyth from Spurs

RoyTund

We will have to pay a premium now for centre back improvements.