Main Menu

U-18s - one to keep an eye on

Started by Logicalman, September 26, 2020, 02:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/West-Ham-Utd-U18-1-2-Fulham-U18/

WEST HAM UTD U18 1-2 FULHAM U18
By Ethan Georgiou

A late goal from Kayden Harrick helped the Fulham Under-18s come from behind to beat West Ham United 2-1.

Damian Las was called into action a few minutes in as he punched a powerful long shot clear. The Hammers started the stronger and pushed for an early lead.

On 17 minutes, a cross was swung in and flicked on by Mika Biereth. Ibane Bowat rose highest at the back post but his free header flew just over. Big chance for the young Whites.

Just seconds later, Ollie O'Neill fed in Biereth but he couldn't quite reach the ball, which rolled harmlessly towards the goalkeeper.

Kai Corbett opened the scoring for West Ham on 20 minutes. His free-kick floated towards Damian Las but slid under his grasp.

Our side showed excellent fight to level the scoring just a couple of minutes later. The ball was fired across the box and Luke Harris emerged at the back-post to smash the ball in.

Biereth was denied a goal again in the 33rd minute after a fine double save from the goalkeeper, both from very close range.

Fulham had the better of the first half, but missed chances meant the score stayed at 1-1 going into the break.

West Ham's Michael Forbes was presented with the opening chance in the second half. He managed to get on the end of a corner, but his header was well blocked by the onrushing Bowat.

In the 60th minute, Kamarai Swyer made a strong solo run towards goal but his effort was well collected by Las.

Christian Veliky came close to giving the hosts the lead on 68 minutes. A clever through-ball found the number nine whose left-footed shot slid just wide of the right post.

The young Whites were awarded a penalty in the 77th minute after Bowat was bundled over in the penalty box. Biereth stepped up but his powerful strike down the middle was blocked by the 'keeper.

Fulham took the lead in the 80th minute. Harris fired a clever volley towards goal but it was Harrick who got the final touch and sent the ball in.

We held on to take a deserved victory.

Lineup:
D Las, K Harrack, S Parkes, I Bowat, H Araujo, G Okkas, A Pajaziti, O O'Neill, L Harris, K Bowie, M Biereth

Subs:
A Borto, I Lanquedoc, M Olakigbe, J Wildbore, M Dibley-Dias

London-born & bred Kayden is the lad Arsenal, Spuds, Citeh and West Ham have expressed interest in, where he finally made the move to Arsenal this Summer, a product of the QPR academy. This is the lad I was hoping we might have made a move for but didn't. We did offer him a place some years back (with his brother if I recall correctly) but he chose QPR instead.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Sorry I am not with you. He was playing for us so did we pick him up from under their noses?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I have now seen a report dated 20th August that he was going to Arsenal on trial. He had played for QPR.
Obviously something happened in the past month and he has ended up with us.

Logicalman

It was reported on the Arsenal Youth web & Twitter that he was trialing for Arsenal during the Summer https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2020/08/18/arsenal-take-former-qpr-youngster-kayden-harrack-on-trial/ & 1295727561889251328[/tweet]][/url]

From what I've been told the Arsenal trial was hijacked by the Spammers who had him for 2 weeks trial, but then said 'no'.  Then Spuds had a look and he's trialing with Fulham now.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Apparently the HaHa's have put a high price on him that is putting potential suiters off. From what I know and have been told, he's worth a punt, just needs some more experience to come good.