watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stan Collymore predicts our relegation

Started by Andy S, September 22, 2020, 05:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Due to the amount of goals we have conceded in our first two premier league games. He says on his page in the Mirror Thais you concede an average of 1.5 goals a game in the top flight you're in trouble. Both us and West Brom are averaging a lot more than that after two games so heis saying we're going down. He doesn't though mention Leeds. A bit of bias in there I think. We will see

FFC In Oz

Leeds already have 3 points in the bank.  And they gave Liverpool a good game too.

We are favourites to go down, we just have to learn to embrace being the underdog.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 22, 2020, 06:00:46 PM
Leeds already have 3 points in the bank.  And they gave Liverpool a good game too.

We are favourites to go down, we just have to learn to embrace being the underdog.

The results in both our game and Liverpool game flattered Leeds immensely. Their defense have looked worse than ours in my opinion, and once they stop scoring on 2 out of 3 chances they will be in huge trouble if they don't get their act together. They are just the current Brentford, a little like we were 2 years ago.

The Old Count

If Collymore reckons we're down then I'm confident we'll be safe. Anyway, he probably got that information from someone while he was dogging.

General

11 teams so far have conceded more than 1.5 goals per game they've played this season. Whilst it may be a fair indicator, you simply can't put value to it after just two games I don't think.

As things currently stand we're in the last relegation spot by 1 goal, if we had scored just one more goal we'd be in 16th.

In my opinion our biggest rivals this season will be West Ham (who still don't seem to have got their act together), West Brom and Southampton. And i'd be tempted to throw Leeds, Aston Villa, Brighton and maybe Burnley into that mix too.

So that's 7 teams, 8 including us, so depending on our recruitment between now and the end of this transfer window and then again in January we could finish anywhere between 20th and 13th.

davew

Unless we sign some new players, you don´t need to be a football pundit to predict that we are going back to the Championship, as for comparing us with Leeds I seem to remember that they won the Championship and have certainly improved their squad, what have we done, not much!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

Leeds need to keep scoring to cover up their frailties at the back. I'm sure they can do that for a while but I'm pretty sure they won't be able to for a season. Like the rest of us they will struggle

davew

Quote from: Andy S on September 22, 2020, 08:05:09 PM
Leeds need to keep scoring to cover up their frailties at the back. I'm sure they can do that for a while but I'm pretty sure they won't be able to for a season. Like the rest of us they will struggle
Probably but I would expect them to finish about 13th or 14th.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Somerset Fulham

He is right to predict that, coming up through the playoffs we are bound to be favourites for a bottom three finish.

Hopefully they will all be proven wrong, it does happen.

RaySmith

Surely pundits are never wrong!

Great to see the egg on media faces when Leeds struggle, as I think they will.

St Eve

Oh if he said it we should throw in the towel now

..FOF..

Not bias, considering Fulham fans in here predicting we will lose too with leeds.

I think we should always say we will win.

Pundits will do their research in forums like this and I believe our players too will read our forum to hear what people say about them.

Let's be positive everywhere.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: ..FOF.. on September 23, 2020, 01:01:37 AM

Let's be positive everywhere.

Agree, I think we need to keep the positivity! We only need to be better than 3 other teams, and luckily for us there are a fair few candidates who will continue to struggle. We just need to find our stride before they do and take the pressure off everyone. It is a monumental task for us, but it will only be helped by us continuing to gee the lads up.

Moltobueno

Is there any pundit currently not predicting us to be relegated?

Big T

Quote from: davew on September 22, 2020, 07:27:35 PM
Unless we sign some new players, you don´t need to be a football pundit to predict that we are going back to the Championship, as for comparing us with Leeds I seem to remember that they won the Championship and have certainly improved their squad, what have we done, not much!!

Leeds will run out of steam and we HAVE strengthened our squad, far more then Leeds have
Anguissa ,Aurella, Reed, Tete, Lemina 
I predict we'll have a slow start but find our form eventually
Collymore is just another washed up brain dead pundit and knows nothing about our team
Zero creativity

AnOldBrownie

Jim©

Quote from: davew on September 22, 2020, 07:27:35 PM

Not much?
Anguissa back and not selling
Tete, Robinson, Reed made permanent, new top drawer keeper, Lemina, Aina and more to come.
Leed's look nothing special to me.

filham

Do you think Collymore is actually taking money for that sort of remark at this early stage of the season. If so he should be made to pass it on to a charity as dozens of others could have reached a similar conclusion with out too much thinking.

Most people would however be aware that it is much too early to make such a statement as things can easily change and they would be at an absolute risk of making a fool of themself.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: General on September 22, 2020, 06:53:12 PM
11 teams so far have conceded more than 1.5 goals per game they've played this season. Whilst it may be a fair indicator, you simply can't put value to it after just two games I don't think.

As things currently stand we're in the last relegation spot by 1 goal, if we had scored just one more goal we'd be in 16th.

In my opinion our biggest rivals this season will be West Ham (who still don't seem to have got their act together), West Brom and Southampton. And i'd be tempted to throw Leeds, Aston Villa, Brighton and maybe Burnley into that mix too.

So that's 7 teams, 8 including us, so depending on our recruitment between now and the end of this transfer window and then again in January we could finish anywhere between 20th and 13th.

Agreed on most - although I think Brighton will be fine this season and a team that you have not mentioned - Sheffield United, will struggle big time. They have a good manager but lacking quality on the pitch.

Bassey the warrior

Strange as it sounds given some of the shambolic defending, I saw enough in the Leeds game to believe we can stay up. We attacked well, at times dominated possession and pressed very well in their defensive third. I think Hector will improve and if we can bring in a quality centre back we could really tighten up at the back. We will also need to add more goals in the side though.