watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (29/11/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 29, 2010, 05:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6538592,00.html?

Pantsil eyes regular run
Defender keen to stay in side after impressive Blues showing

Fulham defender John Pantsil admits he has found it difficult not being a regular starter in the side this season.

The Ghana international has failed to hold down a regular spot in the team since the arrival of Mark Hughes as manager in the summer.

Pantsil made his first appearance since September in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Birmingham after coming on as a replacement for the injured Carlos Salcido midway through the first half.

The former West Ham man, who was given a tremendous ovation from the home fans, impressed after coming off the bench and he is now hoping for a regular run in the starting XI.

"The fans' reaction meant a lot to me and they gave me the confidence and motivation to do well," Pantsil told the club's official website. "It was a special moment for me, because it had been a while since I had played.

Difficult

"It has been difficult, that I cannot deny. I'm no different to any other professional, you always want to be playing in games and helping your team out on the pitch.
"But I'm not the type of player to ever complain about the situation - I just get my head down and make sure that I am ready when needed.

"Whoever has played in front of me has always had my support. This is a team game, and of course, there is always going to be competition for places. That shows that we have a strong squad, but I will keep working hard and hopefully my chance will come again."

Pantsil added: "All in all, I was pleased with my performance and I have to say it was good to be involved again.

"Having played on Saturday, of course, I would like to be involved further. But we will have to wait and see. There are a lot of games coming up, and the Christmas period is always a chance to pick up points."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/DempseyBirminghamReaction.aspx?

Leading Man

Clint Dempsey was Fulham's saviour once again on Saturday afternoon, earning a point for Fulham with a characteristic show of strength and determination to bring the Whites level against Birmingham City.

Saturday's headed goal at the Cottage was Dempsey's sixth of the season in all competitions and in the absence of Bobby Zamora, Andrew Johnson and Mousa Dembele, the US international is leading the line with aplomb this season.

Following Saturday's match Dempsey spoke of the frustration his Team felt at half-time against Birmingham before a second half fightback that showed the never-say-die attitude that exists at Fulham.

"I felt like we were taking the game to them [Birmingham City] before we conceded the goal," Dempsey told fulhamfc.com. "We were frustrated at being a goal behind in the dressing room at half time, especially after losing 4-1 the week before to Manchester City. We wanted to come out in the second half and show a lot of character and I thought we did.

"If you look at the stats and possession it's a game we felt we deserved something from and we could have got the three points. It didn't happen but we've got to keep fighting. We've got to get as many points as we can because we don't want to be where we are right now, in 17th position.

"We're confident because we've only lost four games but we're frustrated because we're getting a lot of draws. We've got to sort that out and try to start winning games and getting more points. Hopefully we can go on a run and everybody still believes - there's a lot of character in this team.

"All we can do is concentrate on working hard and we believe this team can be in the top half. We've got to go out and get the results. We've had some good performances but some of them have ended up being draws which is not what you want.

"A lot of these guys have been in this situation before, when we've been down with our backs against the wall. I've experienced that in two of the four years that I've been at the Club. We're going to keep working hard and make sure we put things right."

On a personal level Dempsey has enjoyed a memorable few weeks. Ahead of last weekend's game against Manchester City, Dempsey's wife Bethany gave birth to the couple's second child, Jackson Dempsey, and the US international is clearly a very happy man.

"Everyone's back at home and he's gained a few ounces so we're excited," said Dempsey. "He's got the same middle name as me and it's Jackson after Jack Demspey the boxer and also my Grandpa. When he was at school they used to call him Jack. He passed away so it's in remembrance of him."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/DempseyBirminghamReaction.aspx?#ixzz16g6TrizI

WhiteJC

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/3171/5/fulham-eye-£5million-cisse-solve-striker-woes?

Fulham eye £5million Cisse to solve striker woes

Fulham are ready to pay Freiburg £5m for free-scoring striker Demba Cisse.

The Senegalese striker has hit 10 goals in 14 games for the Bundesliga side this season, alerting a string of top European clubs.

Fulham manager Mark Hughes has had major injury problems in attack this season with Mousa Dembele, Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson all suffering problems.

So, according to the French newspaper L'Equipe, Hughes is lining up a January offer for Cisse, 25, in a bid to boost his goalscoring options.

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/47487/Agent_reveals_New_Adebayor_ready_for_January_move.aspx?

Agent reveals "New Adebayor" ready for January move

Sport.co.uk can reveal that FC Cluj forward Lacina Traore is available in the January transfer window with a number of top European teams including Premier League clubs tracking the striker dubbed the "New Adebayor." The player's agent admitted that the plan is too move the striker on in the January transfer window with Liverpool, Fulham and Aston Villa among the interested parties.

The player's chief representative Thomas Boehm told Sport.co.uk in an exclusive interview that the aim was to find Traore a top European club in the January transfer window inviting offers for the player.

The 20-year-old 6ft 8in striker was linked heavily with a move to Arsenal in last year's January transfer window, however it is unlikely Gunner's boss Arsene Wenger is in the market for a striker having purchased Moroccan hit-man Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer.

Traore has been watched closely by scouts from a number of top European clubs including Bayern Munich and Arsenal, while Liverpool, Aston Villa and Fulham are the latest sides to join the hunt for the giant frontman.

New Liverpool Director of Football Strategy Damien Commolli is an admirer of the forward and has had scouts watch the Ivorian, while Villa boss Gerard Houllier and Cottagers chief Mark Hughes are also among the interested parties.

The Ivorian, who has yet to be capped by Cote d'Ivoire, began his career at ASEC Mimosas under Jean Marc Guiilou, a close friend of Wenger who has helped develop the likes of Manchester City pair Kolo and Yaya Toure, Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue, and Chelsea's Salomon Kalou.

Traore's agent Boehm told Sport.co.uk: "We don't comment directly on rumours. At the moment I cannot tell you any specifics about any deal.

"It is true that there are a number of teams watching Lacina (Traore) and maybe in a couple of weeks we will have some information, but at the moment I cannot say anything regarding specific clubs.

"The situation is he is playing well in the Champions League and our goal is to get him playing in a superior league. That is a fact. But I cannot reveal any information on specific clubs at this point."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/LuckyProgrammeNumberBCFC.aspx?

Lucky Programme Number

The Lucky Programme Number drawn at Saturday's fixture against Birmingham City was 09136.

If that corresponds with the number printed on the back of your copy then you are the very lucky winner of a Limited Edition Chairman's Boxed Third Shirt.

To claim your prize please send a photograph or scan as proof, along with your name and address to: [email protected]

Be sure to pick up a copy of the matchday programme at every Fulham home match to be in with a chance of winning more great prizes.

If you weren't lucky enough to win this very special piece of memorabilia, you can still purchase one of the just 500 boxed shirts TODAY!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/LuckyProgrammeNumberBCFC.aspx?#ixzz16gv0lLN7

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/FulhamItaliaSupportersClub.aspx?

Fours of Fulham

The Club would like to welcome the latest addition to the International Members' Clubs, Fulham Italia Supporters Club after just ten members met the Club's official entry level status and received the first level of Fulham FC benefits.

The Club is pleased to announce that the first Official International Fulham Members' Clubs have been registered in the form of FFC Sweden, FulhamUSA, the Fulham Exiles, FFC Norway, the FFC Dutch Members' Club, FFC Tampere Finland and Fulham Italia Supporters Club.

After hearing from one particular International Member in Italy, Luca Rossi, has taken on the role as Members' Club Secretary for Fulham Italia Supporters Club. As a group they are now entitled to a monthly prize draw, a signed kit (to raffle off), their Club details on the fulhamfc.com website and much more. Read more on the benefits of being part of an Official Members' Club.

In addition to each member receiving the great benefits such as ticketing priority, ticket discounts and an exclusive members' pack, all members in FFC Sweden, FFC Norway, FulhamUSA, Fulham Exiles, FFC Dutch Members' Club, FFC Tampere Finland and Fulham Italia Supporters Club share the following rewards for becoming official:

• Official status awarded

• Certification of Affiliation

• Details on official club website (contact name, email address, URL and logo)

• Signed Kit (to raffle off)

• One secretary to run scheme on behalf of club and liaise with Fulham FC

• Monthly Prize Draw

Find out more about the Official International Fulham Members' Club scheme and buy your membership today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/November/FulhamItaliaSupportersClub.aspx?#ixzz16gvRDAH2

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=223075

Fulham - Dempsey On Our Season!
Nestling just above the relegation zone, could be perceived as a reason to show some concern.

However, it should be pointed out that the nature of the Premier League means that two good wins could see us propelled up the table to a very respectable position.

Clint Dempsey, speaking to the red-top media, has spoken about the way he perceives things are going, remarking,

"I think it`s good the fans expect more of us - we expect more of ourselves."

"We believe that because of what we`ve done we can continue to do that. It`s not wrong of them to think that way."

"They have seen us play good football and they expect us to do that. We expect that of ourselves and we are going to get there."

"All we can do is concentrate on working hard."

"We believe in the manager and we are going to keep working hard for him. We believe this team can be in the top half. We`ve had some good performances - but we need the results."

"But some of these performances end up being draws and that`s not what you want. We have got to start getting some wins."

"We`re confident because if you look at it, we`ve only lost four games. We are frustrated because we are getting a lot of draws. We want to start winning games, get more points and go on a run."

"But everyone still believes and we`ve all got character. A lot of the guys have been down there before with their backs against the wall."

"I`ve experienced that two of the four years I`ve been here, so we will keep working hard."

But with Arsenal and Liverpool (away) on our next three fixtures it`s essential that we start to turn the tide very soon!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=223075#ixzz16gveQKk6