watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bit depressing on here

Started by Big T, September 23, 2020, 06:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

2 loses and most of you are doom & gloom, writing us off already, crying about us not Making enough signings and blowing another 100 million plus !

I say quite the contrary, we've made some astute signings and have a decent enough team to stay in this league PLUS I'm sure a center back is incoming

I think we'll be slowish starters but once we get going we'll prove some people wrong,,,

Now let's get behind our team and stop whining, we are starting to sound like a bunch of Ungrateful privileged brats...

hongkongfulham

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

:wow:

A bit of normality and sensibleness on the board, whatever next? Pigs flying?  079.gif

Mince n Tatties

Yes I still say we will finish mid table.🙄

The Rational Fan

Once the 16th October hits and the transfer window closes, there are a bunch of clubs in the premier league that could fail apart. If Zaha is suddenly out for the season, then Crystal Palace will be in the relegation zone by Christmas. If Grealish is out, then Aston Villa will be there too. And, I don't know what Leeds will do without Kavin Phillips.

This is premier league, other clubs are building their squads to stay ahead of us as FFP allows existing premier league teams to do. WBA and Leeds may have a worse squad than us, but even some that build better squads than us, after injuries won't sustain a better squad than us and other teams will fail to fight for points failing short too.

Woolly Mammoth

We should finish at least top six, Europe here we come, and the FA Cup should be in our grasp. What a good double that would be, I can't wait.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2020, 08:16:29 AM
We should finish at least top six, Europe here we come, and the FA Cup should be in our grasp. What a good double that would be, I can't wait.

👍🤗

grandad

Big T, it is only the usual few doom & gloomers that have thrown the towel in already. You never hear from them after a win. I predict a 14th - 16th finish.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

Big T, You can't be that positive on here  :dead horse:......... but I agree it isn't over already and we need to allow the team to gel.  Personally I feel we will stay up Just!

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Quote from: Big T on September 23, 2020, 06:02:20 AM
2 loses and most of you are doom & gloom, writing us off already, crying about us not Making enough signings and blowing another 100 million plus !

I say quite the contrary, we've made some astute signings and have a decent enough team to stay in this league PLUS I'm sure a center back is incoming

I think we'll be slowish starters but once we get going we'll prove some people wrong,,,

Now let's get behind our team and stop whining, we are starting to sound like a bunch of Ungrateful privileged brats...

It isn't that people are moaning or gloomy on what the season holds instore for us. There has been a lot of positivity.
There is also 'a feeling of we've been here before'. People are allowed to say that, it's very valid, I can't remember any other clubs who has had 3 managers in a relegation season, not once, but twice. The jury is out as to whether they have learnt from the past. I've gone for a top 8 finish, I think we are better then Sheff Utd, they did really well last season. We need to get all the 'pieces' to fall into place.

Jim©

I agree, it is a gloomy place at the minute.
One thing though- we can't afford to be slow starters, we had a good first 10 games to get some points (perhaps with exception of Arsenal) and we need at least 10 from those to set us up.

FFC In Oz

I admire your optimism, but I couldn't name one other club that I could objectively say we are better than.

If we manage to beat Villa, then hopefully that can start a run of form.

Twig

What on Earth are you talking about, "blowing £100m plus"?  Most people on here want to see a CB and a striker signed. Hardly going to cost that sort of money. And anyway 100m is almost par for the course for promoted teams and thus far we have spent very little.

filham

Agree it is early days and we have to give Parker and the players time to get things together.

However most of us are losing patience because we haven't brought in a couple of quality players in positions where they are obviously needed and that window deadline is getting too close for comfort.

ByTheRiver

Don't know what you mean, everything is rosy. We have a strong an solid squad, balanced across the field and ready for a successful season doing ourselves proud in the top flight.

I, for one, can't wait for the next match against one of the really big boys so we can cause an upset, bloody their nose, and make fans of other clubs sit up and take notice! Wonderful! Boris is doing a great job too!

FFC In Oz

Quote from: filham on September 23, 2020, 09:19:36 AM
Agree it is early days and we have to give Parker and the players time to get things together.

However most of us are losing patience because we haven't brought in a couple of quality players in positions where they are obviously needed and that window deadline is getting too close for comfort.

Absolutely.

And I don't think it's negativity, it's realism.

People comparing us to Leeds are neglecting the fact that they were infinitely better than us last season, and have strengthened their defence with Koch and their forwards with Rodrigo - who is a Spanish international who has scored and assisted in La Liga & Champions League.

Statto

Let's be honest, following yesterday's news that the government is going to pander to ByTheRiver types and try (albeit inevitable they'll fail anyway) to keep us wrapped in cotton wool for another six months, we're probably not going to be allowed to attend a single game this season, and by the time fans are allowed back, we'll be back in the Championship and in the meantime Brentford will have been promoted. We may as well not have bothered with the play-off final (which we also didn't get to go to anyway)

Whitestone

I'm quietly confident that we'll bring in the players still required. My concern is whether we manage to get the quality and can the coaching staff integrate them in sufficient time so that we become competitive. Last seasons squad needed a far bigger overhaul than the club have publicly acknowledged which is understandable.

bog

At Leeds and 4-1 down we showed something that all teams need to survive...spirit. If Kebano's shot had have gone in I think we would have gone on to win. If we were really poor we would have given up and  lost 6-1....and worse. Another decent centre half and we will shut a lot up.   049:gif

092.gif 

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Big T on September 23, 2020, 06:02:20 AM

Tony Khan, is that you?  :005: :005: :005:

In all seriousness, it's very early days yet fingers crossed we will be okay this season.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19