watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Javier Perreira leaves club

Started by absenteeism, September 24, 2020, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

absenteeism

https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/266362176/csl-club-henan-jianye-sign-spanish-javier-pereira-as-head-coachhttps://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/266362176/csl-club-henan-jianye-sign-spanish-javier-pereira-as-head-coach

Signed as a head coach in China

absenteeism

White Noise
@WhiteNoise1879
·
2m
Javier Pereira, former Assistant Director of Football Operations at
@FulhamFC
(or as it says below 'Sports Coordinator') has joined Henan Jianye F.C. in the Chinese Super League as Head Coach.

https://bignewsnetwork.com/news/266362176/csl-club-henan-jianye-sign-spanish-javier-pereira-as-head-coach

#ffc

Huxley

Strange time to let him go. You'd think he would be busy with new transfers etc. Not exactly a servant to the club, so not sure why he would be allowed to at the busiest time of the year for him to go. Hmmm... bet the rumour mills will be going overtime.

Rambler

How about this one for the rumour mill.

Him and TK didn't get on and clashed over the running of the club.

Wouldn't be the first time TK and a backroom staff member haven't got on. TK always wins though

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Huxley on September 24, 2020, 03:23:02 PM
Strange time to let him go. You'd think he would be busy with new transfers etc. Not exactly a servant to the club, so not sure why he would be allowed to at the busiest time of the year for him to go. Hmmm... bet the rumour mills will be going overtime.

He may have wanted to try his hand at management. They probably pay a decent salary over there too.

Tabby

Quote from: Rambler on September 24, 2020, 03:29:46 PM
How about this one for the rumour mill.

Him and TK didn't get on and clashed over the running of the club.

Wouldn't be the first time TK and a backroom staff member haven't got on. TK always wins though

Doubt he'd have a job that is likely to have better pay immediately after leaving if that was the case. Might have wanted to get back into coaching.

sarnian

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 24, 2020, 03:33:28 PM
Quote from: Huxley on September 24, 2020, 03:23:02 PM

He may have wanted to try his hand at management. They probably pay a decent salary over there too.

Article dated 11 September so he left at least 2 weeks ago and probably longer taking negotiations into account.

Bronaldinho

Yup...

Looks like it happened 2 weeks ago, and we've been silent.

Considering he was a big part of the SJ reign and promotion, then assistant DoF it's a surprise there's no comment.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ALG01

didn't he leave when we got promoted last time
and then come back with a big fanfare as if his leaving was slav's fault (that is how I read the messages).
very odd

Tabby

Now on the offal. Someone must have poked them to confirm it.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Pereira-Departs/

The Club can confirm that Javier Pereira has left his position as Assistant Director of Football Operations.

Having initially joined in 2015 as Assistant Manager to Slaviša Jokanović, and part of the 2018 promotion winning setup that defeated Aston Villa in the Play-Off Final at Wembley Stadium, he rejoined in January this year.

Javier Pereira said: "Fulham is a club I will always hold a lot of affection for, the staff and supporters have been truly wonderful and I have made many friends for life.

"I would like to thank Mr Khan and Tony Khan for the incredible support they have given to me. The most important thing to me is to be leaving the Club at a time when its objective of being promoted to the Premier League was achieved.

"I will be keeping a keen interest in Fulham and I will be cheering for the team this season. I wish the Club every success and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future."

Tony Khan said: "When Javier joined us again in January, I was excited to have him back with us in a new capacity, as a member of my recruitment staff, as Javi knows our coaching staff and our squad very well and he loves our Club.

"Javi will remain a true friend of the Club, I wish him every success in the future and I know he'll always be rooting for us to do well. Good luck Javi!"

The Club would like to thank Javier for his work during a successful second half of last season and for his services, and wishes him all the very best for the future.

fcfulham55

I met him in a hotel in Barcelona last summer, he was really humble. Spent time asking me a lot of questions to my surprise, long story short; turned out my business meeting out there was not successful. I feel I owe it to him slightly for demanding that I "pick myself up and go again"
Very sad to see him go, I can contact him but not guaranteed to get a response. I'll message on behalf of all us good wishes.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Deeping_white

The Athletic Reporter who covers Fulham says he left because he got a lucrative offer to manage in China and that's it

AnOldBrownie

OK...so he's not involved with any of these deals.    Guess me including Javier to take weight off the TK critiques was wrong.

This off season is all on Tony.     

We definitely need a DoF if Tony Khan is focusing on 3 major businesses.    Thing is, whose Director of Football do we pinch? 

Without question we can afford to buy a REALLY good assistant DoF.   Someone that has personal connections with specific clubs/leagues in the world.

Bye Javier.

Friendsoffulham

The Rational Fan

The Statistics said at the start of the window two centre backs were the priority, more than a goalkeeper, two right backs and two midfielders.

Maybe Tony Khan regrets not listening to the stats more and thinks football experts that rate Ream (with terrible stats) are a waste of space.

Nero

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 24, 2020, 11:08:56 PM
OK...so he's not involved with any of these deals.    Guess me including Javier to take weight off the TK critiques was wrong.

This off season is all on Tony.     

We definitely need a DoF if Tony Khan is focusing on 3 major businesses.    Thing is, whose Director of Football do we pinch? 

Without question we can afford to buy a REALLY good assistant DoF.   Someone that has personal connections with specific clubs/leagues in the world.

Bye Javier.

One would hope hes been doing something in the 8 months he was here, he may well have identified players before he left

Nero

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 24, 2020, 11:47:00 PM
The Statistics said at the start of the window two centre backs were the priority, more than a goalkeeper, two right backs and two midfielders.

Maybe Tony Khan regrets not listening to the stats more and thinks football experts that rate Ream (with terrible stats) are a waste of space.

Yes quite tight we shouldnt have signed any player until we got 2 centre backs in, Can just imaging TK phoning tetem.  we loved to sign you but can you wait a few weeks as i need to sign a CB first to keep the fans happy, but then they will slate me for bringing you in late