watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak or Areola?

Started by MickyAdamsFamily, September 25, 2020, 05:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyAdamsFamily

So, who will SP choose to start against Villa?
After his great form after claiming supplanting Betts in the starting 11, and then during our promotion push, Rodak deserved his place to begin the new season in the Premier League. He looked less than convincing against Arsenal (although the same could've been said for most of the team). Areola got the nod in the Cup game and looked very assured, keeping a clean sheet (although in truth, he wasn't much called into action). Then Areola didn't exactly cover himself in glory during the Leeds game, and subsequently Rodak played very well against Wednesday...
Who will Scotty pick for Villa?

WestSussexWhite

He's got to stick with Areola. You can't keep chopping and changing you goalkeepers, Areola currently holds the shirt in the league so he starts for me. Also in regards to his performance at Leeds I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals. And Leeds did basically have a free shot every time they attacked

Whitestone

I think that decision was made when Areola was selected for the Leeds game. I suspect that he is the current number one. I would be surprised if Rodak was selected for the Villa match which does seem a bit harsh given his performances last season. I don't agree with the OP that Rodak looked 'less than convincing against Arsenal'. It's more of a case that the club have recruited Areola as an upgrade much like they did when Van De Sar was recruited and replaced Taylor. Time will tell if it was a good decision. I think the shirt is Areola's to lose currently.

filham

Yes, I think that Aerola is first choice but with the odd mistake or poor game Rodak could come back.