more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 28/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 25, 2020, 12:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Phillips Exclusive: Aston Villa tipped to axe 25-yr-old v Fulham tonight

Kevin Phillips has tipped Aston Villa boss Dean Smith to axe Trezeguet for tonight's clash against Fulham and start new signing Bertrand Traore.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, the former England international was in awe of the attacking options now at Smith's disposal and suggested that Trezeguet, 25, is most at risk from the summer's arrivals.

Villa confirmed the capture of the Traore, 25, from Lyon nine days ago and he scored on his debut in a 3-0 victory against Bristol City in the EFL Cup on Thursday.

He likes to operate from the right flank which was predominantly occupied by Egyptian Trezeguet last season.

Phillips is adamant that John McGinn will retain his place alongside Jack Grealish as Dean Smith's side look to build on last week's 1-0 victory over Sheffield United.

"I think there is a good chance that Traore starts," he told Football Insider.

"Dean Smith has great options now. The competition within the squad now is much better than what it was last year. The quality has gone up as well.

"It is always great to get off the mark early. There is every possibility that he starts.

"Someone is going to have to make way and I think that will be Trezeguet. He could possibly be the one.

"John McGinn will not be going anywhere. There are so many attacking options now and Trezeguet might unfortunately be the one that makes way."

When asked about the possibility of Traore starting against Fulham, Smith said: "The French league curtailed early last season but his team were in the Champions League so he's been training pretty regularly.

"His fitness levels are really good and he's certainly made a good start."

https://www.footballinsider247.com/phillips-exclusive-aston-villa-tipped-to-axe-25-yr-old-v-fulham-tonight/

Big T

Quote from: whitejc on September 27, 2020, 06:25:08 PM
Fulham XI vs Aston Villa: Confirmed early team news, predicted lineup, latest injuries for Premier League game

Scott Parker says Fulham are at full strength for Monday's game against Aston Villa as they bid to get their season up and running after two defeats from two in the Premier League.

Fulham are already up against it at the bottom and even at this early stage the visit of Villa feels like it could be a significant one in their season.

"I think we're all good," said Parker. "There are no injuries as such, just the general management of the squad and players really. We're at full strength."

Anthony Knockaert is pushing to start after scoring in Wednesday's 2-0 Carabao Cup win against Sheffield Wednesday.

Parker said: "I think I've said this from the outset, and it'll remain my main voice this year, that we're going to lose football matches this year and we can't afford them to really cripple us and we can't take that into a really negative spiral."

Predicted Fulham XI (4-2-3-1): Areola; Tete, Hector, Odoi, Bryan; Reed, Zambo Anguissa; Knockaert, Onomah, Cavaleiro; Mitrovic.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-xi-vs-aston-villa-confirmed-early-team-news-predicted-lineup-latest-injuries-premier-league-a4557166.html
Who exactly is predicting that line up ? Cav and Knock on the wings, jokers

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham join Everton in race to sign Jean-Clair Todibo

According to Footmercato, Rennes have pulled out of the race to sign Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo leaving Everton, Fulham and Napoli in a three-way battle.

The Barcelona defender spent last season on loan at Schalke in the Bundesliga.

The German club couldn't afford to pay his optional purchase clause in that deal, leaving Barcelona trying to find another potential suitor ahead of the deadline.

A report this week by Le10sport claimed Everton, Napoli and Rennes were bidding for his signature, with the player to make a decision on his imminent future shortly.

But now, fresh reports from Footmercato claim Rennes have pulled out.

The French editorial doesn't explain why Rennes have given up on their top summer priority, but they cite Fulham as taking their place in the race for the former Toulouse man.

Fulham have started their Premier League campaign with back-to-back defeats.

Scott Parker's side have been too easy to score against. First Arsenal won 3-0 at Craven Cottage, before fellow promoted side Leeds United beat them 4-3 at Elland Road.

Seven goals conceded in two games is worrying, and Fulham won't want a repeat of their 2018-19 campaign which saw them concede 81 goals on the way to relegation.

A new centre-back must be a priority for the Whites ahead of the deadline.

Todibo, 22, is quick, strong in the tackle and reads the game well. He could be ideal for Fulham, though other reports suggest Everton are pushing for him too.

The Independent reported earlier last Friday that the Toffees are in talks to sign Todibo on loan, but Barcelona are refusing to sanction a deal which does not contain an obligation-to-buy clause of around £18 million.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/28/report-fulham-join-everton-in-race-to-sign-jean-clair-todibo/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker orders Fulham to avoid a spiral of negativity after losing start

The Fulham coach is using his experience of crises at West Ham and Newcastle United to stop his newly promoted club from plunging into depression. But he admits a football club is "not a nice place to be" when they are losing games.

Scott Parker has warned Fulham not to get into a "spiral of negativity" over their losing start to the season, or they'll be "buried".

Two defeats and seven goals conceded have left the newly promoted side's credentials being questioned, and has them earmarked as early relegation contenders.

But Parker is using his experience of playing at West Ham and Newcastle – where a run of three or four bad results would spark a "massive crisis" – to guide Fulham through a sticky patch.

Fulham will have to scrap for every point to stay in the top flight and have been warned their levels will have to rise "ten fold" to compete.

Parker said: "My main point is that we will lose games this year and we can't afford to take that into a negative spiral.

"I have been involved in relegations and what gets you relegated in the end is that spiral effect, a knock on effect where slowly the atmosphere, confidence, team spirit, cohesion saps you and buries you.

"From my time at West Ham, from my time here when we got relegated, the defeats are going to happen. But you can't afford to let the noise affect you.

"The noise was from the outside, the whole 'two on the bounce, three on the bounce', 'they've not done this, they've not done that'.

"The teams I was involved in were teams that didn't understand that.

"Two, three, four negative results, it was a massive crisis. A massive crisis. And before you know it confidence is low, the whole club has a negative feel. 'We're going to struggle'.

"For sure, for this club this year and my team, I won't let that happen. I don't want that to happen because I know how important it is going to be."

Accepting that the season will be a rocky ride is far from being "defeatist, Parker believes. He explained he is working on his players mindsets to be tough and focus on elements they can improve.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scott-parker-orders-fulham-avoid-22753541

WhiteJC

'Not sure' - Tony Pulis fears for this Aston Villa man against Fulham

Aston Villa face Fulham at Craven Cottage this evening - and Tony Pulis thinks this battle will have a big bearing on the outcome

Tony Pulis is famed for his love of centre halves, indeed Stoke, West Brom and Middlesbrough fans wouldn't have to think too hard to recall a time when he's played at least four for their clubs.

But it is a striker whom the veteran manager feels might prove to be the key player when Aston Villa face Fulham at Craven Cottage this evening.

The 62-year-old reckons Aleksandar Mitrovic might have too much for Villa's Tyrone Mings when the last two Championship play-off winners face off at 6pm.

Looking ahead to the game the Welshman told Sky Sports : "I like Mitrovic, he's a handful.

"He's one of them who can be a nuisance for 90 minutes and he's a good finisher. You get balls into the box, his heading ability and his finishing ability is very, very good.

"Mings is a decent player. Is he a big, powerful, robust centre-half? I'm not sure.

"I think he's got a little bit more about him in possession. I think he's got good pace.

"Physically, I think Mitrovic would just have the edge on him."

The Serb has faced Villa six times as a Newcastle and Fulham player and has never lost. His last clash came at Wembley in 2018 when James Chester and John Terry held him goalless but Tom Cairney put the Londoners into the Premier League.

Neither Mings nor Mitrovic were involved in the FA Cup match in January 2020.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-sure-tony-pulis-fears-19009432

WhiteJC

Player 'already in London', but deal to join Fulham 'not closed' – 'New contacts' soon

Fulham are looking to bolster their defence by signing Marlon Santos from Sassuolo.

Giovanni Carnevali, the Italian club's director of football has already confirmed receiving an 'important offer' from the Cottagers last week.

The centre-back is 'already in London', but the deal to join the Premier League side is 'not closed', according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

It's claimed the Serie A club don't currently have 'positive feelings' about a deal being close. That's because there's no still no agreement between two clubs on price or method of payment.

As per the report, there will be 'new contacts in the next few hours' between Scott Parker's side and Sassuolo, to work out an agreement for the Brazilian's move to Fulham.

TMW end their report by stating that at the moment, the 'transfer is far from defined'. Marlon is in the English capital waiting to find out how things develop, and he will be hoping to get his move to Fulham over the line.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-already-in-london-but-deal-to-join-fulham-not-closed-cottagers-to-start-new-contacts-with-club-soon/

WhiteJC

Fulham hopeful of keeping Zambo Anguissa

Premier League club Fulham have expressed hope that they can keep a hold of Cameroonian midfielder Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa.

The 24-year-old is a wanted man in the transfer market, with AC Milan, Internazionale and Villarreal – where Zambo Anguissa was on loan last season – expressing an interest.

Fulham manager Scott Parker is keen to keep the player in London, but admits that there are no guarantees while the transfer window remains open.

"It's very important for us to keep him because of his quality. I see a real good platform for Frank this year, being in the Premier League, to show what he's about," Parker is quoted by Tribal Football.

"The problem is the uncertainty you have when the window is open and the season is on-going. It's always a concern that someone comes in for one of your players.

"That's what we're living with. Let's see where we are after the window closes."

Zambo Anguissa could feature for the Cottagers this evening when they host Aston Villa in a round three Premier League clash.

https://africanfootball.com//news/780719/Fulham-hopeful-of-keeping-Zambo-Anguissa

WhiteJC

'A massive crisis' - Scott Parker issues brutal warning ahead of Aston Villa clash

The Fulham boss has watched his team lose their opening two Premier League games of the season

Scott Parker has brutally told his Fulham squad to expect more defeats in the Premier League - but he's determined to ensure their setbacks don't spiral into a 'massive crisis'.

Fulham have lost both of their league games so far this season with a 4-3 defeat at Leeds United coming after Arsenal put them to the sword on the opening day.

Aston Villa, who have won all three of their competitive matches this season, are next up for Fulham at Craven Cottage this evening.

Parker recognises the uphill task facing his team and wants to use his own experiences to ensure his players avoid the mistakes of 2018/19.

Parker told The Mirror: "My main point is that we will lose games this year and we can't afford to take that into a negative spiral.

"I have been involved in relegations and what gets you relegated in the end is that spiral effect, a knock on effect where slowly the atmosphere, confidence, team spirit, cohesion saps you and buries you.

"From my time at West Ham, from my time here when we got relegated, the defeats are going to happen. But you can't afford to let the noise affect you.

"The noise was from the outside, the whole 'two on the bounce, three on the bounce, they've not done this, they've not done that'.

"The teams I was involved in were teams that didn't understand that.

"Two, three, four negative results, it was a massive crisis. A massive crisis. And before you know it confidence is low, the whole club has a negative feel. 'We're going to struggle'.

"For sure, for this club this year and my team, I won't let that happen. I don't want that to happen because I know how important it is going to be."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-aston-villa-scott-parker-19010177

WhiteJC