News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Tony’s done a new transfer update vid.

Started by Rambler, September 25, 2020, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

On the offal: https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Tony-Khan-s-Transfer-Update/

Talks a lot about trying to get players but certain difficulties. Focus on CB.
Not much other enlightening news

What did you all think?

ChesterTheTabby

Haven't watched it, so this is a shot in the dark, but sounds like he's been reading the critiques about transfers and himself on forums and is trying to explain himself and deflect some of the stick.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

I Ronic

The fella's going to get stick whatever happens. Even if we won the league there are those on here that would argue if we'd brought so and so we'd have won the FA cup as well.

KJS

OK interview knows what we need but will not by just anyone let's see what develops 👍

Riversider

Repeatedly says "we hope to make a couple of signings"
Surely its going to be at least 4 rather than a couple.

WestSussexWhite

Interesting what he said:
'We had one free agent we thought would join' - I'm guessing Malang Sarr?

We had one that got covid' - Onguene had covid so maybe him?

'One we thought would be fitter quicker' I'm guessing either Longolo or Calum Chambers?

fulhamben

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 25, 2020, 08:56:09 PM

'One we thought would be fitter quicker' I'm guessing either Longolo or Calum Chambers?
didnt he say a couple had Medicals too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Well I thought that was a pretty cool thing to do. It's good to know that he is prioritising center backs as much as we would do.

Denzil Dexter

Does a couple in American mean 4-5?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

love4ffc

I do love that TK says Scott Parker is envolved in daily talks with him about what the team needs and where they are. 

I also like that he says he has "loosened up on the scouting number."  Shows he is learning. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rebel

You couldn't make up the 7 goals that we conceded, they were very soft goals. Yes we need Centre Backs, but we also need to do the basics, mark up and put pressure on the opposition players.

MrFFC

I think Marlon Santos & Ademola Lookman will be the final additions to the squad. I would quite like to see Kongolo be a 3rd
Come on you Whites!! :)

junior white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 09:01:11 PM

didnt he say a couple had Medicals too
Not sure he said medical, he said a couple,e had been over.

I took it to mean he expects 2 more but could be more

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MrFFC on September 25, 2020, 09:13:34 PM
I think Marlon Santos & Ademola Lookman will be the final additions to the squad. I would quite like to see Kongolo be a 3rd

I'm sure the 3 of them will join. He left the door open for deadline day signings too, by saying there's always players that pop up at the end of a window

Tabby

Could have been Ryan Fraser, if we don't assume him to have been talking just about CBs there.

QuoteOne we thought would be fitter quicker' I'm guessing either Longolo or Calum Chambers?

Kongolo I'd assume. His injury doesn't seem like it should have taken this long to get over.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on September 25, 2020, 09:21:45 PM

Could have been Ryan Fraser, if we don't assume him to have been talking just about CBs there.

QuoteOne we thought would be fitter quicker' I'm guessing either Longolo or Calum Chambers?

Kongolo I'd assume. His injury doesn't seem like it should have taken this long to get over.
he was talking exclusively about center backs at the time, so I presume it was sarr that he was referring too

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riversider on September 25, 2020, 08:49:56 PM

He didn't give a hard number.   Whatever signings happen will happen.  Apparently a transfer window is fluid, just like football.

If the right player is available on transfer deadline day and a deal can be made it won't matter if we've already signed 3 players since today's interview.    Again, people are fishing for a reason to complain.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: Riversider on September 25, 2020, 08:49:56 PM

He didn't give a hard number.   Whatever signing happen will happen.

Yeah and if he says we are going to sign 5 but only sign 4 then everyone will say it's a failure. Also other clubs cotton on so they try and charge us more

FFCFOREVER

Well I thought it was quite encouraging but obviously time will tell. But encouraging nonetheless.

BarryP

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 25, 2020, 09:42:05 PM
Well I thought it was quite encouraging but obviously time will tell. But encouraging nonetheless.

0001.jpeg
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."