watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ademola Lookman

Started by RAY Rock ????, September 25, 2020, 08:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

I really hope we get this signing over the line. He was one of the best youth prospects when he was younger and was playing league football at 16 years old . His running and dribbling ability is not to far off of Eden hazard. He just needs a home and someone who believes and trusts him . Total wrong move by him to move to Everton so young . I would be very excited if we get him he has a point to prove and he is back near his family. Go get him Fulham🤞

bog

He certainly looked a very good prospect when he went to Everton. Hope it aint his attitude that has held him back.

092.gif

MrFFC

Good player positive signing
Come on you Whites!! :)

AnOldBrownie

Can anyone point to a really a specific pro career game where he really shined?   I've been trying to find one so I could watch it.

AnOldBrownie

Good game from 3 years ago when he played for Everton with Rooney.

Like him out wide...getting a cross in.   Just wish he had the same control and a little more pace.   Still..probably decent.   Reminds me of a shorter Ryan Sess.

F(f)CUK

I first heard of Lookman playing Fifa 20. I started by managing Crewe and in two seasons took them to the Championship. I then moved to Fulham, who had been newly promoted to the Premier League, but were languishing at the bottom. The team was identical to our team from last season except for a right winger called Lookman.  He has been a key part of my team and knocks in the goals regularly for my Fulham team and a regular for the England team. I would love the team to follow the path that I have taken as we just won the Champions League.

Just seen that we are linked with Dimata. He plays as a No.10 behind Mitro in my team

Nero

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 09:36:24 PM
Can anyone point to a really a specific pro career game where he really shined?   I've been trying to find one so I could watch it.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 11:51:57 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 09:36:24 PM

https://youtu.be/CAU9eRUrcxU?t=18

Thanks...but as far as highlights go for an attacking player, those are don't tell me much as far as how we'd use him.   I linked to an entire Everton game, and there are others here...but I was looking for something of him putting crosses into the box, something of him scoring (which he hasn't really been able to do yet) or being involved in build up plays that result in scores.

Woolly Mammoth

Lookman is the real deal, if Fulham can bring him into our ranks he will punch his weight, and time is of the essence.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MickyAdamsFamily

Thanks for that highlights link.
Lookman is an interesting case. An Everton following friend of mine says he was amazingly talented, but never given a proper run in the side. Often in and out of the team, or used as an impact sub (where he was quite effective). His eye-catching skill on the ball explains the huge fees paid for him; something like 8mil as a 16-year-old from Charlton to Everton, and then 17mil as a 20-year-old from Everton to Leipzig. He started out well there, but the (very successful) new coach is clearly less of a fan. He's still only 22. He'll hopefully be happy to get a fresh start on his career, and be back home in London and with family. 

AnOldBrownie

We need him to do in the Prem what Ryan Sess did for us in the Championship.

Play off Mitro, and put 10 goals in the back of the net because Mitro is drawing all the attention.   If he can do that...he's worth the investment.

rebel

If he can deliver and get his 'mind set' sorted, then we have got one 'hell' of a player. Someone who can hold onto the ball, do stuff in the penalty area, release the ball in dangerous areas.

https://everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/everton-news-ademola-lookman-leipzig-future-fans-react-transfer-gossip/

Stevieboy

Looks like he's got a point to prove.
I think Scotty's style may suit him, another case of a player needing to feel wanted I think.

bobby01

We just seem to be collecting wingers.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Quote from: bobby01 on September 26, 2020, 10:29:54 AM

Happy for us to sign a winger or two. None of those we have currently are going to make much of an impact.

FulhamStu

Looks like a similar player to Knockers to me.   I would happily take him but feel we need a central striker that can fill in for Mitro and play next to him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2020, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on September 26, 2020, 10:29:54 AM

Happy for us to sign a winger or two. None of those we have currently are going to make much of an impact.

Yes impact is the correct word in my opinion, and he will make an impact because of the way he plays. I feel that he is an upgrade on a couple of the wide men we currently have and that is no disrespect to them.
But if he is allowed to some freedom on the pitch he can change games, he can win games, and he can save games, and because if they I reckon he will be a very wise asset.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 26, 2020, 10:35:32 AM
Looks like a similar player to Knockers to me.   I would happily take him but feel we need a central striker that can fill in for Mitro and play next to him.

Knockaert always wants to get a shot away, frustrating when he hasn't scored in 17 and a pass is on to a better positioned player.