https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All These Barmy Kick Off Times.

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 27, 2020, 07:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Motspur Park on September 27, 2020, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2020, 11:09:08 AM
I detest these daft kids times. Ok, I'm retired now so can usually accommodate them but when I was working I would have missed many of these matches.
No my employer wouldn't have wanted me watching football at 5.30 when I was meant to b e working from home.
No I couldn't get to a match at The Cottage for 6.30pm.
Football is a Saturday sport and when necessary evening games should start at 7.30 or 7.45. The rest sucks.

The thing is it is not just about you or any individual, it is a family sport so should be available for family viewing..... not that the current times are to do with any of that, it is about tv revenue and what they can make from advertising.
It's not about money though, all games are being televised and obviously they can't be on at the same time, it has to be staggered.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

According to some nothing is ever going to be the same again.  I hope they are completely wrong. 

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: alfie on September 27, 2020, 04:02:22 PM
Quote from: Motspur Park on September 27, 2020, 03:45:30 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2020, 11:09:08 AM
I detest these daft kids times. Ok, I'm retired now so can usually accommodate them but when I was working I would have missed many of these matches.
No my employer wouldn't have wanted me watching football at 5.30 when I was meant to b e working from home.
No I couldn't get to a match at The Cottage for 6.30pm.
Football is a Saturday sport and when necessary evening games should start at 7.30 or 7.45. The rest sucks.

The thing is it is not just about you or any individual, it is a family sport so should be available for family viewing..... not that the current times are to do with any of that, it is about tv revenue and what they can make from advertising.
It's not about money though, all games are being televised and obviously they can't be on at the same time, it has to be staggered.

Exactly, not sure why thats such a hard grasp for some. It's maxising watch time for them, and giving us as many viewing opportunities as possible

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 27, 2020, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 27, 2020, 07:05:53 AM
Monday 17-45 v Villa
Thursday 17-30 v Brentford.
Apparently our Boxing Day Fixture is being moved to 4 in the morning to accommodate viewers in Outer Mongolia.😋...Coyw
Cannot stand the current madness of these KO times and don't understand them. What's wrong with 7.45pm and 3pm KO times as normal? Especially when on shift at work.

Quote from: rebel on September 27, 2020, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 27, 2020, 08:43:19 AM
Quote from: rebel on September 27, 2020, 07:56:22 AM
I love these kick off-times.
What's to love about a 5-30 pm kick off on Thursday,when a lot of people aren't home from their work to watch it on TV or listen on radio.

The Government has asked people to work from home, (before you guys throw 'hubcaps' I know it's not possible for everyone, but even people in call centres are working from home etc) speak to your boss, most bosses understand and are receptive, 'a happy workforce is a productive workforce'.

This is totally down to economics, and the TV coverage.
Broadcasters can make tons more money on advertising when they can increase airplay of matches. Thus, broadcasting three matches simultaneously, compared to showing them in sequence, if more profitable all round.
To accommodate this there is an obvious need to shift the kick-off times.

It's very relevant in the US whereby NBC have split their EPL coverage into three separate and distinct broadcast outlets: NBCSN, which has been their traditional cable-based broadcast platform; NBC which is their local 'live TV' (free) platform, and Peacock, which is their new mobile device only streaming platform. As the vast majority of (respectively) first and last platforms are used for 90 of games each week, and they are both subscription-based, they can ensure a higher revenue stream from both subscriptions and advertising.

Until the gates are unlocked and truly live matches are played again, I do not see why the broadcasters would wish to change this policy, and the FA/PL are very unlikely to challenge anything the broadcasters wish to do, are they?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

alfie

To be very honest, I couldn't care less, but that just my selfish attitude.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Dr Know

The Juventus game in 2010 kicked off at 6pm , don't remember anyone complaining then !

cmg

Quote from: Dr Know on September 27, 2020, 05:45:03 PM
The Juventus game in 2010 kicked off at 6pm , don't remember anyone complaining then !

:003: Don't bet on it!
Moaning was then in its early stages and hadn't reached the present heights...But it was far from unknown'

eg: "Re: Juve on the 18th
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
That is the correct time, it will be early because of TV coverage and tough to the fans that have to work for a living, I have to travel from Sussex so it will be a half days holiday which is really fcukin annoying.

Also due to the early kick off time, I think that the club have screwed up about the price of tickets, don't think it will be a huge crowd now."

Just one example.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on September 27, 2020, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Dr Know on September 27, 2020, 05:45:03 PM

:003: Don't bet on it!
Moaning was then in its early stages and hadn't reached the present heights...But it was far from unknown'

eg: "Re: Juve on the 18th
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
That is the correct time, it will be early because of TV coverage and tough to the fans that have to work for a living, I have to travel from Sussex so it will be a half days holiday which is really fcukin annoying.

Also due to the early kick off time, I think that the club have screwed up about the price of tickets, don't think it will be a huge crowd now."

Just one example.

lol🤗

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on September 27, 2020, 05:07:31 PM
Thus, broadcasting three matches simultaneously, compared to showing them in sequence, if more profitable all round.

Indeed.

While a later time would ensure I'm home for kick off, I'm grateful the game can be viewed at all. Ours is not a more attractive tie for the neutral spectator than Liverpool v Arsenal; I'd rather a 5.30 start than no live coverage.

Roguewhite

Quote from: Logicalman on September 27, 2020, 05:07:31 PM
This is totally down to economics, and the TV coverage.
Broadcasters can make tons more money on advertising when they can increase airplay of matches. Thus, broadcasting three matches simultaneously, compared to showing them in sequence, if more profitable all round.

It's very relevant in the US whereby NBC have split their EPL coverage into three separate and distinct broadcast outlets: NBCSN, which has been their traditional cable-based broadcast platform; NBC which is their local 'live TV' (free) platform, and Peacock, which is their new mobile device only streaming platform. As the vast majority of (respectively) first and last platforms are used for 90 of games each week, and they are both subscription-based, they can ensure a higher revenue stream from both subscriptions and advertising.

Until the gates are unlocked and truly live matches are played again, I do not see why the broadcasters would wish to change this policy, and the FA/PL are very unlikely to challenge anything the broadcasters wish to do, are they?
This 100%  0001.jpeg

Andy S

When you retire you are more flexible with what you do. Like a few others on here I'm in that position also. My sons are working from home and are all able to watch the game. I fear that when football goes back to some kind of normal the tv companies will continue to demand matches when they want which will upset the fans, especially those that travel som distance to games. But at the minute the broadcasters are providing a service that is required. But there is nothing like an extortionately priced beer and a burger after a walk to the ground