more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NEW FOF'cast - Lookman, it just ain't good enough

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 27, 2020, 04:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Hello everyone,

New FOF'cast is out, where we are joined by regular guests Owen Smith and Gerry Pimm, as we discuss the following topic:

1) 4-3 defeat to Leeds - Defensive frailties again, but we showed a lot of character and fight.

2) Departure of Javier Pereira - Only joined in January, seemed a bit odd.

3) 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup - Team changes, lots of positives.

4) Jean Michael Seri - Here to stay, or should he still go?

5) Tony Khan's Transfer Video - Rambling nonsense, it did it make any sense?

6) Possible return of Terrance Kongolo - Unfinished business, spotted in Chelsea with his Agent.

7) Still no CB's - Becoming a regular topic now.

8) Aston Villa - Thoughts on Monday Nights clash, 3 points needed.

9) Villa Predictions - Win, lose, or draw?

Thanks once again for listening, your feedback is always appreciated for future shows.

https://soundcloud.com/user-542359892/fofcast-lookman-it-just-aint-good-enough

Statto

Segment on the TK was well worth listening to in particular. Some really interesting insight, for example about the way our setup is perceived by other clubs, and the stat about us consistently starting seasons badly under the Khans was interesting too (although not surprising). Have to say I found the comments from Scott and Gerry persuasive.

AnOldBrownie

None watched the Sheffield game?

Informative, somber podcast.   Thanks  082.gif

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on September 27, 2020, 05:02:52 PM
Very good listen.

All 3 make a good team. Balanced opinion, hate it where other podcasts are so pro Fulham / Club all the time.

Never listened to one of those...link?

Jimsbeerbelly

Very good listen.

All 3 make a good team. Balanced opinion, hate it where other podcasts are so pro Fulham / Club all the time.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 27, 2020, 04:55:02 PM
None watched the Sheffield game?

7pm kick-off? Like me, I'd be surprised if anyone was home in time from work.

ALG01

Sounds like most fan I talk to. The realistic analysis of what is going on is interesting but really no more than a recap on what we can all see.

they touched on some fans always supporting the club no matter what and that always suprises me.

generally a good critique of where we are and what is going on and I believe reflects the mainstream opinion.

Milo

I felt this week's FOFCast was particularly good - with some interesting insights you wouldn't be able to get from the newspapers.

Worth a listen if you get a spare half hour or so this week!

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Milo on September 27, 2020, 09:40:23 PM
I felt this week's FOFCast was particularly good - with some interesting insights you wouldn't be able to get from the newspapers.

Worth a listen if you get a spare half hour or so this week!

Agree...though to be accurate the podcast is an hour. The first ten min are superfluous though, so maybe you're right!

Gerry Pimm seems built up to be the panto villain (boo, hiss) but the trio concerned know their Fulham.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on September 27, 2020, 04:34:56 PM
Segment on the TK was well worth listening to in particular. Some really interesting insight, for example about the way our setup is perceived by other clubs, and the stat about us consistently starting seasons badly under the Khans was interesting too (although not surprising). Have to say I found the comments from Scott and Gerry persuasive.

The debate seems to be between buying players a month before deadline day (MLM, Seri and Fabri) vs on deadline day (Bryan, Anguissa and Rico), but both approaches have problems. The solution is buy players a season before we need them on deadline day, so we can slowly integrate into the team. Let's get our Championship Winning Squad built now. 

Arthur

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 28, 2020, 02:09:28 AM
The solution is buy players a season before we need them on deadline day, so we can slowly integrate into the team. Let's get our Championship Winning Squad built now. 

And what do we do next summer, then? I ask because the strategy you suggest implies we would already be recruiting the players who will transform our Championship-winning squad into a Premier League-survival one. And yet we'd be competing for players who would also be coveted by clubs in the top flight - not the Championship like us. Plus we'd have the added restriction of FFP. Is it realistic to think we could sign players ahead of the likes of Southampton, Crystal Palace, Newcastle etc. when we're not even in the same league?

Friendsoffulham

423 listens to date, so, our biggest Pod so far ..

Thanks to those who tuned in.