watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Autumn

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 27, 2020, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Is here - the night's are drawing in, anyone else here looking forward to the pike season?

Mince n Tatties

My favourite time of year,walking the dog in the woods with the trees in their splendid different colours.🍁🍀🍁

clanky

Yep- fished the Thames Shepperton on Friday and one took a small perch  I was reeling in.

True sign of Autumn, looking forward to it now

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: clanky on September 27, 2020, 09:02:31 AM
Yep- fished the Thames Shepperton on Friday and one took a small perch  I was reeling in.

By Chertsey bridge?

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 27, 2020, 08:40:04 AM
Is here - the night's are drawing in, anyone else here looking forward to the pike season?
I don't do fishing but absolutely love the Autumn/Winter months.

bobbo

I'm particularly put out this autumn. I normally go to New England but not allowed into US this year first time I've not been for the last 18 years.

So I thought havea few days near the Forest of Dean and do a bit of fishing on the river wye.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Holders

It's my least favourite season because I know that the next one's winter and it gets worse still once they change the clocks. I like it when the year turns and the days start getting longer and you know that spring's on the way.

By the way, has anyone heard any more about that plan to leave the clocks as they are - or has that gone by the wayside?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Quote from: clanky on September 27, 2020, 09:02:31 AM

[/quote
Went out for the paper in Shepperton this morning and that cold wind made me think we had skipped Autumn and jumped straight into winter.

Andy S

I like all the seasons but some people suffer badly from seasonal adjusted disorder SAD.The autumn for me has it all with the changes to the trees as well as watching the animals preparing for winter. Conquers on the ground I still have to collect them. My favourite though is spring as it is such an optimistic time

rebel

Spring is the best time of the year. Download some pictures. 

gang

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 27, 2020, 08:40:04 AM

Don't tell them Pike

clanky

H4usuallysitting

Sorry for the delay but the pike was at Lady Lyndsays's lawn.

I am told there's a lot there

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: clanky on September 27, 2020, 06:33:48 PM
H4usuallysitting

Sorry for the delay but the pike was at Lady Lyndsays's lawn.

I am told there's a lot there

I have absolutely no idea where that is.....and I was walking down the River at Shepperton today, ended up on Penton Hook Weir

clanky

Lady Lyndsay's lawn is behind the cricket club, you can park in  the Manor car park, but anywhere along this stretch is stunning.

It's approx 400 yds of open lawn which goes right to the water's edge.

We are lucky to have this nearby, not sure everyone fully appreciates it.

H4usuallysitting

Many thanks..... I know it.... watched a bit of cricket there in the past....used to go to a restaurant around the corner - think it was call bluebeckers....had good ribs

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Andy S on September 27, 2020, 11:21:01 AM
I like all the seasons but some people suffer badly from seasonal adjusted disorder SAD.The autumn for me has it all with the changes to the trees as well as watching the animals preparing for winter. Conquers on the ground I still have to collect them. My favourite though is spring as it is such an optimistic time

Make the most of those conkers. Many of the trees down here have been struggling for a few years but this year many look really poorly with fewer leaves on them before leaf fall starts in earnest. We will have a hugely different autumn landscape in twenty to thirty years time.

Lyle from Hangeland

Fall is my favorite season as well. The colors and the change in the sunlight is just creates good feelings.