watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by sarnian, September 28, 2020, 07:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of the top teams poss Utd come in for Anguissa before the window shuts. Looks pure class and much more comfortable in the premiership than two years ago.

Pippo

In a better team he would not look a foot out of place. Played a few rash balls today but still clearly a player with great technical and physical gifts. I'd be delighted if he stays, but if we sell him for 30 mil then that's money in the bank towards two new CB's. I'm a bit torn because it would be a great waste of money and potential if we sell him now.

FFC1987

It would be a shame for him to stay as he deserves better.

Milo

Few wayward balls but forming a good partnership with Cairney. One of the only positives was that our central midfield with these 2 is sorted for the season...

hongkongfulham

had a stinker in the first half but showed quality in the second.
No way we would let him go unless it was silly money

rebel

He was patchy at best today. But the team changes and formation didn't help him today.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Milo on September 28, 2020, 08:03:03 PM
Few wayward balls but forming a good partnership with Cairney. One of the only positives was that our central midfield with these 2 is sorted for the season...

They would both have looked better playing in front of a DM. No idea what Parker's plan was today.

Penfold

Didn't think he looked pure class today. Unless you are judging him on the majority of the other players, which wasn't a high standard.

hovewhite

Why wasn't Harrison reed playing to nite?

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Does anyone know where Lemina was today? I feel like Lemina holding more would of made the world of difference compared to played 3 bang average CB's....

CincyFulham1

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 28, 2020, 08:16:47 PM
Does anyone know where Lemina was today? I feel like Lemina holding more would of made the world of difference compared to played 3 bang average CB's....

I wouldn't go as far as to rate our CB's as average, at least not at PL level.

FFC1987

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 08:18:49 PM

Forgive me, I'm not thinking rationally. You are correct, they are well below.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on September 28, 2020, 08:06:03 PM
Didn't think he looked pure class today. Unless you are judging him on the majority of the other players, which wasn't a high standard.

This...

I worry that if he continues to play in Parker's system he'll begin to look worse as the season goes along.

What will happen is, he and Mitro will be targeted by the other teams as the players to mark out of the game because the rest of our players are not up to EPL standard.

God...Other than our new signing... Tete and Robinson...other than Mitro and Anguissa I don't think we have EPL players on our side.   

And our system is built on our players being better than the opposition, not on us playing well in our system.

:012:

andyk

He was poor.  Good on the ball, but awful off the ball. Grealish and McGinn had the freedom of the pitch to pick their passes, drive their team forward.
It's all very well blaming the defence but when players like Grealish are not closed down or harassed they can take their time to look for the runners. Anguissa and Cairney were powder puff in the challenge and usually ten yards behind the Villa midfield.
They both need to realise they are not good enough if they don't put the yards in and do their defensive duties.

filham

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 28, 2020, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 28, 2020, 08:18:49 PM

Forgive me, I'm not thinking rationally. You are correct, they are well below.
All four of our centre backs were on display tonight , we have depth but it seems that the problem runs deep.