watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Getting old..

Started by Admin, November 29, 2010, 10:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Strange subject this but as I am getting older, now 33, I'm starting to think about it a lot more. When you're young, you never give it a care in the world and never see yourself being that old boy in the corner of the pub sipping his pint do you. You honestly think it will never come and that will never be you. In some strange way you think old people are born like that and that's exactly how it remains..

For me, it's only been the last couple of years of noticing age and even though I'm 33 the big 40 is creeping into the back of my mind ever so more. I'm also starting to notice things that older people do now by saying "I'm sure they were never this young when I came in here" or "Look at those, I'd never be seen dead in a pair of them" or "Girls were never that young when I went out, she's old enough to be my daughter"..

Don't get me wrong, I'm still young for my age, or so I think I am. I still keep up with the fasion and still like to get out on the town most weekends but have noticed that there is a divide now. I notice that women in there 20's don't give you a care in the world unless the odd one or two like the older man and as an individual, I tend to go for the older bird now who's been married four times and got about 8 kids through different fathers though I do live in Medway.. 

The point that I'm trying to make here is that now, I'm starting to appreciate age. I don't think a lot of us do to a point or to a certain point in our lives when we look at our mothers/fathers etc and say "Jesus, you are really looking old now". I'm looking at my best friend Matt these days who's not long turned 37 who's now got deep lines around his eyes and the odd grey hair here and there. I'm starting to think now that it really is coming and i can see how people go through mid life crisis.. I think Fat Fred went through one not so long ago but we'll leave that one there.  :dft011: 

Also, the weight thing, the body slowing down, things I make a meal out of now that I didin't in me 20's.. It REALLY is bothering me lol and i can honestly say.. I'M SCARED OF GETTING OLD!!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

You are joking ...............right  :yay: 33  :yay:
you are over thinking  this one

FatFreddysCat

And so you should worry Scott, you'll find you'll get lots of little aches and pains and little injuries that sem to take for ever to heal, ear and nasel hair. Getting over a good session takes for ever. And nothing wrong with a midlife crisis , get's you trying to get fit and stuff for a while, i'm going to have anouther one when i've had my hernia op  :54:

Admin

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 29, 2010, 11:03:07 PM
And so you should worry Scott, you'll find you'll get lots of little aches and pains and little injuries that sem to take for ever to heal, ear and nasel hair. Getting over a good session takes for ever. And nothing wrong with a midlife crisis , get's you trying to get fit and stuff for a while, i'm going to have anouther one when i've had my hernia op  :54:

The mrs pointed out the first ear hair this weekend and continued to make a point of it!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Admin on November 29, 2010, 11:09:51 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 29, 2010, 11:03:07 PM

The mrs pointed out the first ear hair this weekend and continued to make a point of it!

It's the ear hair, then the nose hairs, then the curly long eyebrow hairs, and then......the damn reading glasses!

duffbeer

Be afraid Admin, be very afraid

FatFreddysCat

On the plus side most people i went to school with are balding to some degree (most amusing), The Spencers are genetically engineered to have a full Barnet for life, not even a hint of receeding on moi  :54: . And my nan dosen't use reading glasses and she's 92, i last had an eye test about three years ago and still had 20/20 vision. A few (quite a few) grey hairs and a couple of stone extra weight, but i'll get rid of that once the Hernias sorted. Ah my worst thing lately is peeing about 5 times during the night to go with my frequent insomnia. This giving up the booze for a week hasn't stopped the peeing  :dft007:

Lighthouse

There is a shadow of doom behind you. The trip for the check up  no longer ends in  a lecture but a final statement. The girls who used to smile at you now have daughters who don't see you. The World becomes a place of loss and not of hope. You look outside and snow becomes a problem not a joy. Life is a terminal decease and not the drug it once was.

Still

Could be worse

And it will be.

:037: :010: :011:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

You're less tha half way through your professional life - you have at least 20-30 more years of "the working life" - you have tonnes of time on your side... learn to look at the bigger picture and the the immediate future , it'll help you relax and give you a proper perspective on the time you have in life...

my only other addition is you only have 1 life - noone knows what happens after death so DO what you want and live life to the fullest (and I mean that in the most cliche way).

General

that was meant to say "and not the immediate future"...

Lighthouse

Yes that's right you are less than half way through your working life. That should cheer you up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Well, this thread certainly clarifies things about the Roy Rant earlier.

Mr. Admin is out of his tiny mind. 33, I ask you. I was still in the first of my three careers at age 33. You don't know you're born, son.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

I'll save you the pain of worrying then Admin, let's swap ages. I'd gleefully take on the worry (again) of age creeping up on me  :yay:

At 33, you have well over half your mortal time left mate, I managed to emigrate and start a completely new life at the age of forty, and so you still have it all in front of you.

Good time to start planning about the aged years, but worrying about them? Nah.

ron

Now Brethren, we will lighten the moment and cheer ourselves by singing the first two verses of our first hymn;

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me. :002:

Burt

You're only as old as you allow yourself to get...

I'm positively over the hill at 44 years old, but play football and tennis weekly (not at the same time), lark about with the kids, go on lads weekends, etc etc. and have never worried about age.

Peabody

Getting old? you are having a bubble right? Aches and pains Fred, you dont know the half. Even my toes ache, plus, I never used to feel the cold till now. But but take it from me, I am fast approaching 72 and I promise you, there is nothing to be frightened of, all of a sudden, yor needs change and you begin to accept that. You also become comfortable with yourself. I tell you this though, I am finding it more difficult to do the walk through Bishops Park from Putney Bridge Station.

sipwell

I think he wants to buy him a midlife crisis toy but feels too young for it, so he makes the case that his life is "over" giving him a good excuse to actually buy it.

I am three years younger but I still feel in the prime of my life. My hair - or better: all the hair that falls out - disagrees though.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

I'm nearly 35 and I've noticed that my hair is slowly creeping away from my head, down my neck and onto my back...

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Admin

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2010, 01:37:28 PM
I'm nearly 35 and I've noticed that my hair is slowly creeping away from my head, down my neck and onto my back...

No way.. I'd have least put you at 38 Tom  :dft011:

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2010, 01:37:28 PM

Your hair has good reason to do that, does it not?  :015: :52:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!