watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Getting old..

Started by Admin, November 29, 2010, 10:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

What I want to know is why has the hair disappeared from my head but not from other places on my body?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'm short,round,balding,40 and loving every minute of it,the best thing about hitting the big four zero" is you stop worrying about life and start living it,you work out what stuff matters to you and what doesn't and you then ditch the "doesn't",your then just left with you good stuff  :wine: :HD: :yay: :drums: whats not to like?

BB

This must be a wind up, surely?? 33 OLD??????  :tom:

In which time, space continuum would 33 be 'old'?

I get to the HEINZ next birthday and am still tearing
the bottom out of life.... Okay I get aches and pains
but they are just to remind me that I am still alive!!!

I'll start thinking about getting old, when I get to 99
and not before... I am far too busy!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Admin on November 30, 2010, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2010, 01:37:28 PM
I'm nearly 35 and I've noticed that my hair is slowly creeping away from my head, down my neck and onto my back...

No way.. I'd have least put you at 38 Tom  :dft011:

That comment will come back to haunt you Scotty my boy...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2010, 04:11:36 PM
I'm nearly 35 and I've noticed that my hair is slowly creeping away from my head, down my neck and onto my back...

Are you going to beat him with your cane, old man?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Admin

Quote from: sipwell on November 30, 2010, 04:15:20 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on November 30, 2010, 04:11:36 PM

:005:

Are you going to beat him with your cane, old man?

Banstead White

Quote from: BB on November 30, 2010, 03:55:15 PM
This must be a wind up, surely?? 33 OLD??????  :tom:

In which time, space continuum would 33 be 'old'?

I get to the HEINZ next birthday and am still tearing
the bottom out of life.... Okay I get aches and pains
but they are just to remind me that I am still alive!!!

I'll start thinking about getting old, when I get to 99
and not before... I am far too busy!
:045: :045: :045: :045:
Roysie

The Equalizer

I can't believe I'm getting tattooed by a bald 33 year old and a balding 30 year old Phlem.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

YankeeJim

33? Sweet Lord, my youngest turned 34 yesterday. I will say this, I may sound like a wooden wind chime when I get up and as Fred points out there are a few aches & pains I didn't use to have but I still think like I did when i was 20. I'm not older, the world has gotten younger.

BTW, if you clip those ear hairs and string them in a row, by the time your 63, like me, you never have to buy twine again. Helps with the cost of those Christmas packages. :53:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FatFreddysCat

Actually comparing myself at 42 to Admin and EQ i'm a bit of a Peter Pan. I can lend you some hair lads if you want , unfortunately it'll be my nose and ear clippings. I'm convinced that hair gels and hat wearing make you bald, so stop chucking all that gunk in your hair scotty and save what's left  :015:
           Fat Fred and his full head of hair  :54:

Tonywa

Wait till you get to fifty when, in the words of a friend, 'bits start falling off'.  Still go out running and am pretty fit, but the old hair is going, i'm using reading glasses, the peeing at night's a real nuisance and I've got some arthritis in my right knee as well as a couple of fingers.  However I have a girl friend in her 'thirties and have generally done much better with women than I ever did in my 'twenties.  They seem to find me witty and urbane as opposed to 'a bit of a laugh' when I was younger. Luckily the mojo is still well and truly working, so things could certainly be worse - and probably will be in the next few years.

Cheers

TW

Senior Supporter

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 01, 2010, 02:38:35 AM
33? Sweet Lord, my youngest turned 34 yesterday. I will say this, I may sound like a wooden wind chime when I get up and as Fred points out there are a few aches & pains I didn't use to have but I still think like I did when i was 20. I'm not older, the world has gotten younger.

BTW, if you clip those ear hairs and string them in a row, by the time your 63, like me, you never have to buy twine again. Helps with the cost of those Christmas packages. :53:
Twine? I'm afraid you're really showing your age there Jim. Someone invented something called Sellotape some years ago! :005:

Jimpav

I turned 30 in June and have to admit that I had my reservations.

My birthday presents included a B&Q voucher and nose hair trimmers.

I do feel out of touch with the younger generations but on the other hand I own a house (mortgaged to the hilt), have been married 2 years to a woman I love dearly, have a tight circle of friends and a job that allows me to live comfortably.

Apart from good mates I didn't have any of these ten years ago so life has only got better.

YankeeJim

Quote from: SS on December 01, 2010, 11:21:46 AM

Twine? I'm afraid you're really showing your age there Jim. Someone invented something called Sellotape some years ago! :005:

That's right, poke the old guy. I'll wack you with my walker.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 01, 2010, 02:54:15 PM
Quote from: SS on December 01, 2010, 11:21:46 AM

That's right, poke the old guy. I'll wack you with my walker.
You should have more respect for old people,I'm 75. There, I bet that's made you feel better. :dft012: