watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Words from Gordon Davies

Started by alfie, September 29, 2020, 06:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

This is what Gordon said on Fulham supporters site on Facebook, maybe some of us should perhaps bear it in mind

Can I put this point right for everyone, please.

Without Slav saying yes we (Fulham FC) would not have signed those players 2 years ago. Slav wanted cover in every position, that's why the club signed all those players. Slav didn't say before we (Fulham FC) signed thise players that we needed players with PL experience. Only after he put them in the team and they didnt perform did he say he had nothing to do with the signings and we should have signed PL players with experience. He was and is as much to blame as anyone else at the club but he played "the game" very well with the press. Tony Khan got the stick for the whole season, has he slaughtered Slav, no, he's taken all the social media stick which is still going on, and it's not all his fault. I work for the club on the corporate hospitality side of things. Do I have an agenda, no, I just want the truth out there, but it just keep coming back to TK .Can you fault TK for tonight's game, no. Can you fault Scott for tonight's result, no. Can you fault the players for not being good enough,  yes. 🤔
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Perhaps Gordon Davies would be able to get a live-on -air debate going with Jokanovic - Khan Jnr - and a bunch of supporters picked at random and some top barristers.  But I'll tell you for free that that will do even more damage to the Club.  He's entitled to his opinion but that is all it is unless he was actually there to witness what he claims and what he means by 'saying yes'.  How does Gordon explain the grooming of Ranieri even before FFC got to Wembley for the Villa match. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 07:25:08 AM
Perhaps Gordon Davies would be able to get a live-on -air debate going with Jokanovic - Khan Jnr - and a bunch of supporters picked at random and some top barristers.  But I'll tell you for free that that will do even more damage to the Club.  He's entitled to his opinion but that is all it is unless he was actually there to witness what he claims and what he means by 'saying yes'.  How does Gordon explain the grooming of Ranieri even before FFC got to Wembley for the Villa match. 

Precisely and I could magnify your statement even further by elaborating on it, however, I would be creating a breach of confidentiality with associates of mine and I am not doing that, and I do not have to as the cat is out of the bag, the Genie is out of the bottle, and a can of worms have already been opened.
Time for action in the best interest of Fulham before the horse bolts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Agree, Khan Jr wanted to do everything by 'Moneyball', but Slav didn't play ball. 

alfie

That's fine, I didn't put It up there to have an argument, you all know best, if you choose not to believe Gordon that is entirely your prerogative.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Andy S

I see everyone has their anger this morning. It all comes down to how people watch the game. It is as if fitness is the only thing worked on in training. There was no cohesion last night. Player for player we should have been as good as Villa what is drilled into these players in training?

Statto

Had to stop reading after the first sentence - "Without Slav saying yes..."

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to. He just identified the areas that need strengthening.

Sorry but Gordon Davies is talking rubbish here.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 09:15:12 AM

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to, he just identified the areas fat need strengthening.

As I said you know best.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 08:39:46 AM
That's fine, I didn't put It up there to have an argument, you all know best, if you choose not to believe Gordon that is entirely your prerogative.

Unfortunately many seem incapable or at least strongly unwilling to even consider any input that does not confirm the view that they already hold, instead of adding new information to make their view more informed. We see this from so many posters, be it about Parker, TK, Odoi, Ream etc. For some reason it always have to be one way or the other for far too many people. In my opinion.

Whitestone

Gordon Davies is a club man so not surprisingly that's the way he spins it. It may be his opinion that TK was not to blame for last nights performance. I happen to hold the opposite view because as DOF TK is accountable for the signing of players. TK should share some of the responsibility for the shambles that was last nights performance and to be fair he did in his tweet. Now let's see those words put into action.

Nero

Ranieri is an easy one Joka wouldnt sign a new contract, be irresponsible of the owners to get 5 games in to the season and the manger bugger off to another club with little or no compensation, you'd be on khan back saying why didnt he have someone lined up he knew there wasnt long left on his contract and could leave and wasnt signing a new contract 

Jim©

Some people won't want to believe it as it  doesn't fit their view of TK as some panto villain. It's almost laughable that they'll discard the views of a Fulham man who cares deeply about the club (not for the few £s he earns from it I doubt).

Twig

Quote from: Jim© on September 29, 2020, 09:49:35 AM

Some people won't want to believe it as it  doesn't fit their view of TK as some panto villain. It's almost laughable that they'll discard the views of a Fulham man who cares deeply about the club (not for the few £s he earns from it I doubt).

Ok so we are all wrong to point the finger at our DoF. Instead last night's disaster was the fault of a manager who was sacked 2years ago. Glad I've got that right now.

As a matter of interest, for how many more years should we blame Joka for shambolic performances on the pitch?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 09:16:47 AM

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to, he just identified the areas fat need strengthening.

As I said you know best.

Best post of the day.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 07:55:50 AM

Precisely and I could magnify your statement even further by elaborating on it, however, I would be creating a breach of confidentiality with associates of mine and I am not doing that,

Wow, after nearly 30'000 posts in just 5 years mostly against the khan's, you decide to imply, the morning after a pretty crushing blow to us all, that you actually have inside contacts who have knowledge of the club who you infer back up your 5 years worth of posts. But, of course, you cant name them or even tell us what they said.

Sorry if I appear frustrated, its just that right now, I dont believe that the posts on here fanning the flames are good for anyone at the moment

ALG01

Thank you for posting this, i did wonder if I should post it once I had read it but it was late and I was still very upset after the game.

I read the note on facebook.
I also replied in a dignified manner (well I hope I did).
I think what Ivoor said was true but not entirely giving a whole picture of how things were and remain. Slav gave an insight in how the DoF, the man that paid his wages, conducted the transfers. It really depends if you think Slav's continual outbursts re the way transfers were arranged  was correct or it was all amicable as Ivor suggests is correct.

I did hear TK say on his interview that Parker is the onlky manager that always engages with the transfer meetings, meaning the five (I think it five) porevious ones with a wealth of experience between them, didn't see the point. One has to draw ones own conclusions.

Statto

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 29, 2020, 10:04:05 AM

As I said you know best.

Best post of the day.

Thank you but to be honest, it wrote itself

082.gif 049:gif

Jim©

Quote from: Twig on September 29, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
Quote from: Jim© on September 29, 2020, 09:49:35 AM

Ok so we are all wrong to point the finger at our DoF. Instead last night's disaster was the fault of a manager who was sacked 2years ago. Glad I've got that right now.

As a matter of interest, for how many more years should we blame Joka for shambolic performances on the pitch?

You can point your finger where you like.
The point i was trying to make is twofold:
1) Perhaps TK isn't the anti-christ that some love to believe
2) Why not believe a genuine club legend who will call the club out when needed?

alfie

As I said you know best.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know he is talking rubbish if by your own admission you stopped reading it after the very first sentence.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

filham

I am right behind Gordon Davies, it was the players that lost the match last night.
However the team does need reinforcing in a couple of critical areas and the management are not performing in that respect.