Main Menu

Words from Gordon Davies

Started by alfie, September 29, 2020, 06:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 29, 2020, 10:07:06 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 07:55:50 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 07:25:08 AM
Perhaps Gordon Davies would be able to get a live-on -air debate going with Jokanovic - Khan Jnr - and a bunch of supporters picked at random and some top barristers.  But I'll tell you for free that that will do even more damage to the Club.  He's entitled to his opinion but that is all it is unless he was actually there to witness what he claims and what he means by 'saying yes'.  How does Gordon explain the grooming of Ranieri even before FFC got to Wembley for the Villa match. 

Precisely and I could magnify your statement even further by elaborating on it, however, I would be creating a breach of confidentiality with associates of mine and I am not doing that,

Wow, after nearly 30'000 posts in just 5 years mostly against the khan's, you decide to imply, the morning after a pretty crushing blow to us all, that you actually have inside contacts who have knowledge of the club who you infer back up your 5 years worth of posts. But, of course, you cant name them or even tell us what they said.

Sorry if I appear frustrated, its just that right now, I dont believe that the posts on here fanning the flames are good for anyone at the moment

Your observations are indeed correct, which proves that I can keep my powder dry instead of making statements that cannot be backed up without revealing my sources and betraying their confidence, and they thank me for it. I am sure you would not like it if it happened to you.
However, you do sound almost as frustrated as me and you do not need to apologise as I take your point.
If the criticism is fanning the flames then that is because the owners son has orchestrated this mess with his incompetence. I have no problem with his father who unfortunately in my humble opinion has made a rod for his own back with the way he has indulged his son, but that is for him to deal with and is not my business.
I actually have to agree with you that it was a crushing blow last night to all and sundry.
However, I set the alarm early this morning and went into my little gym I have in my basement and hit the punch bag, and no I did not imagine it was Tony Khan, perish the thought. I then had a session on the speed ball and skipping rope before hitting the Bench Press which I pumped my best weight for weeks, so my adrenaline must have been at its peak due to what took place last night. I Had a shower and I ate a hearty breakfast and feel a lot more relaxed and level headed because whatever I say will not make the slightest difference, if Fulham FC want to self destruct then so be it, I will still support them whatever the Division, will the owners son ? No of course not, he will slip out of a side exit when nobody is looking.
However, I just need to get it off my chest and before you ask, no I do not have any photos of TK on the wall of my gym.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

itombomb

Quote from: Andy S on September 29, 2020, 08:49:06 AM
I see everyone has their anger this morning. It all comes down to how people watch the game. It is as if fitness is the only thing worked on in training. There was no cohesion last night. Player for player we should have been as good as Villa what is drilled into these players in training?
Why should we have been as good as Villa player for player? They've had 3 windows to improve on a promotion winning team, we've just had one.

bill taylors apprentice

Of course Gordon Davies is telling the truth and he's a good bloke with the best interests of the club at heart.

But when you break it down, its his version of the truth, coloured by his opinion.

My interpretation is, Jokanovic is not blameless but its likely he was fed up (and maybe even didn't like TK) with the way the recruitment worked.

He found a way of playing that avoided the weakness in the squad by using what he had, i.e. players comfortable with the ball and denying the opposition possession and it worked in the Championship.

Sure, he had a vote but it was only a vote on someone else's selection and when he made suggestions he got fed up getting knocked back time and again so he washed his hands of it.

So by the time the PL kicked off he knew things were grim and was waiting for the sack, that may not be to his credit but who can blame him, he'd had a enough and was waiting for the pay off.

In the modern game there are few managers who are in control of recruitment and I expect there's grief at many clubs but none have an owners son with little or no experience at the top of recruitment.

Its fair to say SP's personality and the fact its his first HC job means he's bending over backwards to make things work and show a united front but  the buck stops with TK if he's failing to sign up the players needed and there is a clear pattern for all to see if you want to see it.
But that's just my truth!

toshes mate

@bill taylors apprentice

Thankyou for what I consider to be a very clear headed and accurate assessment of where things are and how they got to be where they are.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 11:30:51 AM
@bill taylors apprentice

Thankyou for what I consider to be a very clear headed and accurate assessment of where things are and how they got to be where they are.

Cheers!
Anyone who has been a supporter from before MAF will know how bad things could really be but boy oh boy this ongoing situation is so frustrating.

alfie

@bill taylors apprentice

It is a level headed response, but in fairness i don't know what is fact and what's not, a lot of people have taken Joka's words as the truth, it may well be, equally it might be just words to cover his own failings, as far as recruitment goes it was stated recently that Parker attended meetings when previous manager/coaches would not, Parker gives his requirements, the recruitment team go and find players, the list is given to Parker, who then analyses them gives a few names that he feels would be of interest,
Then recruitment process starts, so it is quite feasible that Parker does not know who they are talking to from that list. Now that's how it was explained to me, whether that is indeed how it works I don't know. So I guess it really does come down to who you want to believe.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 11:43:23 AM
@bill taylors apprentice

It is a level headed response, but in fairness i don't know what is fact and what's not, a lot of people have taken Joka's words as the truth, it may well be, equally it might be just words to cover his own failings, as far as recruitment goes it was stated recently that Parker attended meetings when previous manager/coaches would not, Parker gives his requirements, the recruitment team go and find players, the list is given to Parker, who then analyses them gives a few names that he feels would be of interest,
Then recruitment process starts, so it is quite feasible that Parker does not know who they are talking to from that list. Now that's how it was explained to me, whether that is indeed how it works I don't know. So I guess it really does come down to who you want to believe.
At the end of the day you analyse the evidence you are given because it is in the public domain.  I have already stated very clearly that if the Khans had any doubts about Jokanovic they should have sacked him.  The first doubt occurred when Jokanovic publicly stated he had been told he had nothing to do with recruitment because it was being done by a computer guy (CK).  That was the summer of 2016 in what would have been Jokanovic's first real window of opportunity when he was reported to have been scouting players.  TK cannot have it both ways since he never rebutted Jokanovic's words (he couldn't do so honestly could he) and so it is not hard to imagine that he has also been equally disingenuous with Parker.  Perhaps he doesn't mean to be the way he is but it will not stop until he is either removed or he engages with the Club about why he is not getting deals over the line and that is also SK's responsibility.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 11:54:53 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 11:43:23 AM
@bill taylors apprentice

At the end of the day you analyse the evidence you are given because it is in the public domain.  I have already stated very clearly that if the Khans had any doubts about Jokanovic they should have sacked him.  The first doubt occurred when Jokanovic publicly stated he had been told he had nothing to do with recruitment because it was being done by a computer guy (CK).  That was the summer of 2016 in what would have been Jokanovic's first real window of opportunity when he was reported to have been scouting players.  TK cannot have it both ways since he never rebutted Jokanovic's words (he couldn't do so honestly could he) and so it is not hard to imagine that he has also been equally disingenuous with Parker.  Perhaps he doesn't mean to be the way he is but it will not stop until he is either removed or he engages with the Club about why he is not getting deals over the line and that is also SK's responsibility.
Respect your opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rebel

Quote from: Whitestone on September 29, 2020, 09:30:31 AM
Gordon Davies is a club man so not surprisingly that's the way he spins it. It may be his opinion that TK was not to blame for last nights performance. I happen to hold the opposite view because as DOF TK is accountable for the signing of players. TK should share some of the responsibility for the shambles that was last nights performance and to be fair he did in his tweet. Now let's see those words put into action.

Agree 100%, our £4,000 signing from Merthyr Tydfil, did the club and fans proud, but as stated by others, he wasn't party to the conversations, he still does work for the club. You would think in the work that he does for the club he has to conform to the positive aspects of the club.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 06:58:36 AM
This is what Gordon said on Fulham supporters site on Facebook, maybe some of us should perhaps bear it in mind

Can I put this point right for everyone, please.

Without Slav saying yes we (Fulham FC) would not have signed those players 2 years ago. Slav wanted cover in every position, that's why the club signed all those players. Slav didn't say before we (Fulham FC) signed thise players that we needed players with PL experience. Only after he put them in the team and they didnt perform did he say he had nothing to do with the signings and we should have signed PL players with experience. He was and is as much to blame as anyone else at the club but he played "the game" very well with the press. Tony Khan got the stick for the whole season, has he slaughtered Slav, no, he's taken all the social media stick which is still going on, and it's not all his fault. I work for the club on the corporate hospitality side of things. Do I have an agenda, no, I just want the truth out there, but it just keep coming back to TK .Can you fault TK for tonight's game, no. Can you fault Scott for tonight's result, no. Can you fault the players for not being good enough,  yes. 🤔

What on earth does Slav have to do with anything at this point?

rebel

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 29, 2020, 12:09:51 PM
This is what Gordon said on Fulham supporters site on Facebook, maybe some of us should perhaps bear it in mind

Without Slav saying yes we (Fulham FC) would not have signed those players 2 years ago. Slav wanted cover in every position, that's why the club signed all those players. Slav didn't say before we (Fulham FC) signed thise players that we needed players with PL experience. Only after he put them in the team and they didnt perform did he say he had nothing to do with the signings and we should have signed PL players with experience. He was and is as much to blame as anyone else at the club but he played "the game" very well with the press. Tony Khan got the stick for the whole season, has he slaughtered Slav, no, he's taken all the social media stick which is still going on, and it's not all his fault. I work for the club on the corporate hospitality side of things. Do I have an agenda, no, I just want the truth out there, but it just keep coming back to TK .Can you fault TK for tonight's game, no. Can you fault Scott for tonight's result, no. Can you fault the players for not being good enough,  yes. 🤔

Agree, also Slav isn't around to defend himself.

alfie

Quote from: rebel on September 29, 2020, 12:20:18 PM

Agree, also Slav isn't around to defend himself.
Just ignore it then and believe what you want it's your choice, personally I have an open mind on it as I don't know the truth.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

To be honest that was my bad, I should have made it clear he was responding to some posts that were really digging out TK.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

WolverineFFC

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 12:33:30 PM

To be honest that was my bad, I should have made it clear he was responding to some posts that were really digging out TK.

That makes more sense. I just don't know many successful clubs who are still talking about their fired manager from 2 years ago this much.

ALG01

Perhaps Gordon Davies would be able to get a live-on -air debate going with Jokanovic - Khan Jnr - and a bunch of supporters picked at random and some top barristers.  But I'll tell you for free that that will do even more damage to the Club.  He's entitled to his opinion but that is all it is unless he was actually there to witness what he claims and what he means by 'saying yes'.  How does Gordon explain the grooming of Ranieri even before FFC got to Wembley for the Villa match. 

Precisely and I could magnify your statement even further by elaborating on it, however, I would be creating a breach of confidentiality with associates of mine and I am not doing that,

Wow, after nearly 30'000 posts in just 5 years mostly against the khan's, you decide to imply, the morning after a pretty crushing blow to us all, that you actually have inside contacts who have knowledge of the club who you infer back up your 5 years worth of posts. But, of course, you cant name them or even tell us what they said.

Sorry if I appear frustrated, its just that right now, I dont believe that the posts on here fanning the flames are good for anyone at the moment

I do. I think they are a very good idea. We have an amateur in charge as DoF and his track record of underachievement speaks volumes. You may think he is doing a good job and want to defend him, and you are entitled to that opinion. If Wooly says he knows people after 30,000 posts, that is good enough for me, he doesn't have to name them or get sigened afidavits. He is telling us what he knows and desrves masses of respect for the amount he posts and cares.

The problem is we need a new DoF and despite his brilliant manner with PR nothing can disguise his shortcomings.

I think we should all be screaming for action or we will depart the Prem once again with anh embarassing whimper!

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:39:51 PM

I do. I think they are a very good idea. We have an amateur in charge as DoF and his track record of underachievement speaks volumes. You may think he is doing a good job and want to defend him, and you are entitled to that opinion. If Wooly says he knows people after 30,000 posts, that is good enough for me, he doesn't have to name them or get sigened afidavits. He is telling us what he knows and desrves masses of respect for the amount he posts and cares.

The problem is we need a new DoF and despite his brilliant manner with PR nothing can disguise his shortcomings.

I think we should all be screaming for action or we will depart the Prem once again with anh embarassing whimper!
That's the thing, woolly is telling us what he knows and you choose to believe it, Gordon is telling us what he knows and you choose not to believe it, they both care for Fulham Football Club.

Personally i have listened and read all sorts of comments, statements, I don't know who is right who is wrong, are we staying up, are we going down, it's all in the hands of others.

I don't think this amicable conversation can go much further, although it's nice during all this, no one has been told they don't know anything about football, being told your deluded, or using the new Fof buzz word "realistic".
Best wishes to you all that have Fulham in their hearts and hopefully we will come through this successfully.

Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

ALG01

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 02:33:43 PM

That's the thing, woolly is telling us what he knows and you choose to believe it, Gordon is telling us what he knows and you choose not to believe it, they both care for Fulham Football Club.

Personally i have listened and read all sorts of comments, statements, I don't know who is right who is wrong, are we staying up, are we going down, it's all in the hands of others.

I don't think this amicable conversation can go much further, although it's nice during all this, no one has been told they don't know anything about football, being told your deluded, or using the new Fof buzz word "realistic".
Best wishes to you all that have Fulham in their hearts and hopefully we will come through this successfully.

I read what gordon said and it was OK I do believe him. But it is not the whole story. He was saying that slav was not blameless as he had to tick the box for the players to purchased. But that is only part of the story as I am sure you know. 

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 02:43:35 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 02:33:43 PM

I read what gordon said and it was OK I do believe him. But it is not the whole story. He was saying that slav was not blameless as he had to tick the box for the players to purchased. But that is only part of the story as I am sure you know.
Yes of course but that's the point with people saying it's solely TK's fault and no one else's.

Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

RoyTund

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 09:15:12 AM
Had to stop reading after the first sentence - "Without Slav saying yes..."

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to. He just identified the areas that need strengthening.

Sorry but Gordon Davies is talking rubbish here.

I'm not sure you do really know.

alfie

Interesting quote by Parker

Brian Smith it's here a direct quote. When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come in to the football club? 100 percent." https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-insists-he-has-the-final-word-on-which-players-fulham-sign-1599750473000
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't