Main Menu

Words from Gordon Davies

Started by alfie, September 29, 2020, 06:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: RoyTund on September 29, 2020, 03:42:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 09:15:12 AM
Had to stop reading after the first sentence - "Without Slav saying yes..."

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to. He just identified the areas that need strengthening.

Sorry but Gordon Davies is talking rubbish here.

I'm not sure you do really know.

No but I know what Parker and Jokanovic have said and it's not consistent with them having a meaningful say in recruitment decisions. So either Davies is being a bit disingenuous with that comment ("Without Slav saying yes we would not have signed those players") or he's contradicting the two managers. And with all due respect to Davies, I trust the managers to know more about the workings of our transfer team than him, and I don't believe they're liars.

ALG01

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 03:10:25 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 02:43:35 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 02:33:43 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 29, 2020, 01:39:51 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 29, 2020, 10:07:06 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 29, 2020, 07:55:50 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 29, 2020, 07:25:08 AM
Perhaps Gordon Davies would be able to get a live-on -air debate going with Jokanovic - Khan Jnr - and a bunch of supporters picked at random and some top barristers.  But I'll tell you for free that that will do even more damage to the Club.  He's entitled to his opinion but that is all it is unless he was actually there to witness what he claims and what he means by 'saying yes'.  How does Gordon explain the grooming of Ranieri even before FFC got to Wembley for the Villa match. 

Precisely and I could magnify your statement even further by elaborating on it, however, I would be creating a breach of confidentiality with associates of mine and I am not doing that,

Wow, after nearly 30'000 posts in just 5 years mostly against the khan's, you decide to imply, the morning after a pretty crushing blow to us all, that you actually have inside contacts who have knowledge of the club who you infer back up your 5 years worth of posts. But, of course, you cant name them or even tell us what they said.

Sorry if I appear frustrated, its just that right now, I dont believe that the posts on here fanning the flames are good for anyone at the moment

I do. I think they are a very good idea. We have an amateur in charge as DoF and his track record of underachievement speaks volumes. You may think he is doing a good job and want to defend him, and you are entitled to that opinion. If Wooly says he knows people after 30,000 posts, that is good enough for me, he doesn't have to name them or get sigened afidavits. He is telling us what he knows and desrves masses of respect for the amount he posts and cares.

The problem is we need a new DoF and despite his brilliant manner with PR nothing can disguise his shortcomings.

I think we should all be screaming for action or we will depart the Prem once again with anh embarassing whimper!
That's the thing, woolly is telling us what he knows and you choose to believe it, Gordon is telling us what he knows and you choose not to believe it, they both care for Fulham Football Club.

Personally i have listened and read all sorts of comments, statements, I don't know who is right who is wrong, are we staying up, are we going down, it's all in the hands of others.

I don't think this amicable conversation can go much further, although it's nice during all this, no one has been told they don't know anything about football, being told your deluded, or using the new Fof buzz word "realistic".
Best wishes to you all that have Fulham in their hearts and hopefully we will come through this successfully.

I read what gordon said and it was OK I do believe him. But it is not the whole story. He was saying that slav was not blameless as he had to tick the box for the players to purchased. But that is only part of the story as I am sure you know.
Yes of course but that's the point with people saying it's solely TK's fault and no one else's.

Well, if you ask me who is to blame in the end I think I do know the answer. But as aguideline I tend to think in general terms like this... on a given day it is the players. over a season the manager and over a longer period the owner/board. I expect the players to give everything when they play, the manager to make the most of the squad he has and the owner/board to provide support to the manager in terms of resources that are needed.  It may not always be exactly like that but it is a rule of thumb.

I am sure I know what the longer term issue is and what is the cause of the very dispiriting start to this, last and the season before, and for that matter the season before that.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 04:00:53 PM

We all know Jokanovic didn't "say yes" to those signings in any material way. He was even less involved in transfers than Parker, who said explicitly last night that he couldn't even name the players we're talking to. He just identified the areas that need strengthening.

No but I know what Parker and Jokanovic have said and it's not consistent with them having a meaningful say in recruitment decisions. So either Davies is being a bit disingenuous with that comment ("Without Slav saying yes we would not have signed those players") or he's contradicting the two managers. And with all due respect to Davies, I trust the managers to know more about the workings of our transfer team than him, and I don't believe they're liars.
Brian Smith it's here a direct quote. When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come in to the football club? 100 percent." https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-insists-he-has-the-final-word-on-which-players-fulham-sign-1599750473000
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I remember hearing previously there had been issues with Slav and the club. I think a well respected poster on this thread,  well in my opinion , told me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Gezza

Interested to know what your source of information is and why it is more reliable than Gordon Davies who works for the club ?

Statto

Quote from: Gezza on September 29, 2020, 04:41:28 PM

Interested to know what your source of information is and why it is more reliable than Gordon Davies who works for the club ?

"...it is [TK's responsibility] in terms of bringing players in... Honestly, I wouldn't know [who the individual targets are]. I honestly wouldn't know. I think people in the places here at the football club make those decisions... In terms of names and who they are, I don't know that, I don't know the real details."

S Parker, 2020

"It generally depends on [CK] who is going to sign for us or not. The last decision is in the hands of this man. It is not my business."

S Jokanovic, 2016

Statto

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 04:03:08 PM

Brian Smith it's here a direct quote. When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come in to the football club? 100 percent." https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-insists-he-has-the-final-word-on-which-players-fulham-sign-1599750473000

As I said in the discussion of that quote on here at the time, having "final say" is meaningless if it's just the option to reject someone the owner's son wants to sign. Huge pressure not to object, and the alternative is that we don't sign anyone at all.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 05:01:51 PM

As I said in the discussion of that quote on here at the time, having "final say" is meaningless if it's just the option to reject someone the owner's son wants to sign. Huge pressure not to object, and the alternative is that we don't sign anyone at all.
Ok I was just trying to put a different view, i now realise it's a complete waste of time, As I said at the beginning of these discussions you know best so I give up you win.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Another significant incident suggesting problems between Khan Jnr and Jokanovic was the Chris Martin loan when Jokanovic was questioned about Martin's apparent refusal to train because he was going back to Derby.  Martin implied that that had been discussed at his last minute loan deal although it was a season long loan according to official sources.  Sarah Brookes forced Jokanovic to give a statement at the fog interrupted match at Reading which probably got up someone's nose if there was any truth in what Martin said, remembering he returned to Derby to receive a new, improved contract.  Did the imagined choreography written by TK when Martin signed include a mention of Jokanovic's interference?  There have been far too many errors of judgement for anyone to be complacent about what has happened at our lovely Club over the past several years and they just keep on happening. 

Statto

Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 05:06:05 PM
Ok I was just trying to put a different view, i now realise it's a complete waste of time, As I said at the beginning of these discussions you know best so I give up you win.

You seem to get upset (both on this thread and others) when people disagree with you.

Not sure if you've noticed but this is forum where lots of different people write lots of different views.

It would be great if every debate could be a civil, intelligent back and forth until everyone comes to some agreement, but that rarely happens because usually, someone gets too precious or offensive to continue the debate.

May I put it to you that half your posts, eg these sarky "you know best" comments, fall into that category?

Perhaps if you just concentrated on expressing your own opinion rather than dismissing others people's, you'd get the deeper debate you seem to crave.

Nero

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 05:01:51 PM

So you say no and when asked why the club haven't signed anyone you say we haven't found anyone of the standard I require. Puts the pressure on those above but they must have been happy as they said yes

alfie

Quote from: Statto on September 29, 2020, 08:17:38 PM
Quote from: alfie on September 29, 2020, 05:06:05 PM

You seem to get upset (both on this thread and others) when people disagree with you.

Not sure if you've noticed but this is forum where lots of different people write lots of different views.

It would be great if every debate could be a civil, intelligent back and forth until everyone comes to some agreement, but that rarely happens because usually, someone gets too precious or offensive to continue the debate.

May I put it to you that half your posts, eg these sarky "you know best" comments, fall into that category?

Perhaps if you just concentrated on expressing your own opinion rather than dismissing others people's, you'd get the deeper debate you seem to crave.
No not really upset, I don't have an issue with other people's opinions, just the way some people express them like your good self, you just seem to dismiss others opinions as though they are not important or meaningless, and you are right because you say so, I put that post on that Gordon expressed for the purpose of a view from someone who is an upstanding member of Fulham Football club, and you gave no credence to it whatsoever, that's why I used the term you know best.
It seems you can freely dissect, dismiss, question  others but you don't allow others to maybe challenge yours.
I don't see the need to fall out with you or anyone over this, so I will bow out as gracefully as I can.
I wish you a good evening and hope we perform better on Thursday.

Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on September 29, 2020, 04:23:29 PM
I remember hearing previously there had been issues with Slav and the club. I think a well respected poster on this thread,  well in my opinion , told me

Hey how you doing. I'm sure The Enclave, at least on paper or sausage roll packaging, would have had all this sorted by now. It's the Timothy Taylor I miss the most..............

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 29, 2020, 11:24:35 PM
Quote from: Berserker on September 29, 2020, 04:23:29 PM

Hey how you doing. I'm sure The Enclave, at least on paper or sausage roll packaging, would have had all this sorted by now. It's the Timothy Taylor I miss the most..............
Yes I'm fine, trying to stay sane in this surreal word we are currently living in, and Fulham aren't helping at the mo

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.