Stoke City
Liverpool
0-0
Arsenal
Arsenal win 5-4 on penalties

WhiteJC

Brentford 3-0 Fulham

Said Benrahma has been linked with a Premier League move

Brentford's Said Benrahma scored twice on his first start of the season as the Championship side beat Premier League Fulham to seal a first Carabao Cup quarter-final appearance.

Marcus Forss' emphatic finish - his third goal in as many games - gave the Bees a half-time lead.

Benrahma capitalised on poor Fulham marking to double the advantage.

The Algeria forward then curled a delightful third into the corner from the edge of the box to seal victory.

Victory sees Brentford exact revenge on Fulham for August's Championship play-off final defeat after extra time at an empty Wembley Stadium.

In an even first half, Fulham's French midfielder Neeskens Kebano struck the post with a trademark curling free-kick, but Jean Michael Seri conceded possession in midfield to allow Saman Ghoddos to set up Forss.

Brentford keeper David Raya - almost punished by Anthony Knockaert for a poor goal-kick earlier in the game - protected the hosts' slender lead with an excellent one-handed save from Kebano's looping shot early in the second period.

And Benrahma, reintroduced after being linked with a move away from the club throughout the summer window, punished some slack Fulham defending from a free-kick to strike at the back post, before adding a superb third for the hosts from the edge of the box.

It was a deserved victory for the Bees, who have now knocked out three Premier League sides, having already overcome Southampton and West Brom.

Fulham's woeful start continues
Only Michael Hector survived from the Fulham side beaten 3-0 by Aston Villa in the Premier League on Monday.

That result made it three successive opening Premier League defeats for promoted Fulham, with 10 goals conceded.

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan apologised to fans via Twitter for the performance in Monday's defeat, following which manager Scott Parker said the club "need to work out if we want to compete in this league or just be a passenger".

Former Everton winger Ademola Lookman arrived on loan from RB Leipzig on Wednesday and improved the visitors' attacking threat significantly.

However, Fulham's immediate concerns remain at the back - as demonstrated by Benrahma's free shot at goal for his side's second - as Monday's deadline day looms.

Benrahma may yet be on the move before the transfer window shuts amid reported Premier League interest

, with an extended domestic-only window allowing Premier League clubs to trade with their English Football League counterparts until 17:00 BST on 16 October.

Fulham's focus now returns to the Premier League as they go in search of a first win of the season against Wolves on Sunday (14:00 BST), while Brentford return to Championship action against Preston at the same time.

Thomas Frank's side will learn their quarter-final opponents later when the draw follows the conclusion of Thursday's Carabao Cup action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54298220

WhiteJC

Post-Brentford Press Conference

Scott Parker rued another night that fell flat as his side were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Brentford on Thursday evening.

"It was a disappointing night," Parker conceded. "We probably didn't deserve anything out of the game, Brentford played well."

"I thought first half it was a bit nip and tuck really, we had a couple of half-chances but finishing-wise we didn't do too well, and they get their nose in front."

The second half started brightly for Fulham after the introduction of Ademola Lookman who looked sharp. But it was Brentford who struck as the game was finely balanced on a knife-edge.

"I did feel at the start of the second half we played very well," Parker said. "We had a couple of good chances, I felt like we were really in the ascendency and a goal needed to come, and then the first time they (Brentford) get a set-play the ball goes in the box and it's 2-0.

"From there we were trying to chase the game a little bit. Obviously, the boy (Said Benrahma) shows a bit of quality with the goal as well.

"It was the fine margins of a football match tonight and we were on the wrong side of them.

With a tricky trip to Wolves on Sunday followed by an international break, there is no let-up for Parker in the schedule, which he explains.

"It's been tough. We've not had much time since the (Play-Off) Final to be fair. Time has been scarce.

"But this is the predicament that we're in. It is what it is, we need to understand that and quickly try and get as much work in as we can.

"Games are coming thick and fast but it's all part and parcel of it. We can't moan, we can't whinge. That's the hand we've been dealt, and we need to work out ways to improve.

"It's a challenge. We're in a transition phase at this moment which I always knew was going to be difficult, but the challenge is there for us all and it's one I'm embracing, and the team are going to embrace as well – we'll be okay."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/Post-Brentford-Press-Conference/

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham and Fulham to rival PSG for Mouctar Diakhaby

West Ham United and Fulham are both interested in Valencia defender Mouctar Diakhaby, but Foot Mercato reports that they face competition from Paris Saint-Germain.

Both the Hammers and Scott Parker's men need to strengthen their options at the back before the window closes.

Fulham have conceded 10 goals in their opening three league games. Meanwhile, David Moyes's side conceded four at Everton in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

And it appears that both clubs are now interested in Diakhaby. The Valencia centre-back however, is on PSG's radar as well, according to Foot Mercato.

It is not suggested how much the 23-year-old may cost. However, Los Che have offloaded a number of previously-key players this summer. So perhaps the Premier League pair may hope that there is scope for a potential bargain.

Diakhaby would arguably be an exciting signing for either West Ham or Fulham. He is a player with Champions League experience, and he should only be getting better in the coming years.

The 23-year-old is a good passer of the ball, and he reads the game well. So he is often in good positions to make blocks and interceptions.

It is arguably telling that PSG believe that he could improve their backline this summer.

That may make West Ham and Fulham's task all the more difficult. But the pair seemingly cannot afford to let the window close without strengthening their ranks in that area of the pitch.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-west-ham-and-fulham-to-rival-psg-for-mouctar-diakhaby/

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Arsenal senior star responds as Fulham make contact & willing to pay asking price

Arsenal defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos has snubbed a potential move to Fulham, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 32-year-old is into the final nine months of his contract at the Emirates and the Gunners are open to his sale before Monday's deadline.

A source at Craven Cottage has told Football Insider that Fulham made contact over the possibility of a loan or permanent deal and were willing to meet Arsenal's asking price for the player.

However, the centre-half has knocked the Cottagers' approach back despite having seemingly been frozen out by Mikel Arteta in 2020.

Sokratis is yet to feature for the Gunners this season and has only made one Premier League appearance since January.

The Greece international appears surplus to requirements in north London with Rob Holding, David Luiz, Kieran Tierney, Willian Saliba, Callum Chambers and Shkodran Mustafi all in competition for the centre-back positions.

Despite this he has rejected a potential move to Craven Cottage in the latest blow to Scott Parker's side's bid to sign a centre-half.

The club are casting their web wide in their search for a new defender, Football Insider has revealed that talks have been held with Barcelona over Jean-Clair Todibo, while Crystal Palace's Scott Dann and Wolves' Ryan Bennett are also being considered.

A 3-0 home defeat to Aston Villa on Monday highlighted Fulham's defensive frailties.

Director of Football, Tony Khan, took to Twitter in the aftermath of the loss to apologise to fans for the performance and explain the club's difficulties in recruiting a centre-half.

Scott Parker has already signed Anthony Knockhaert, Harrison Reed, Kenny Tete, Ola Aina, Mario Lemina, Atonee Robinson and Alphonse Areola this summer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-arsenal-senior-star-responds-as-fulham-make-contact-willing-to-pay-asking-price/

WhiteJC

Fulham And West Ham Test Water For La Liga Defender

Fulham and West Ham United have made enquiries about Valencia's Mouctar Diakhaby as they hunt for a defender to add to the ranks before the transfer window closes.

The transfer window is in its final lap and both the Hammers and the Cottagers are in the market to add reinforcements before the deadline passes.

The Hammers, who have already seen their attempts to sign James Tarkowski from Burnley fail, have been linked with a number of defensive options, while Fulham too have assessed several options.

And according to French outlet Foot Mercato, Valencia centre-back Diakhaby is attracting interest from the pair.

Both clubs have tested the water over a potential move to land the 23-year-old from Valencia before the window closes.

Diakhaby though is also firmly on the radar of French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

PSG, who have touched base with the player's entourage, are claimed to view the 23-year-old as an alternative to Chelsea's Antonio Rudiger.

The Frenchman made the move to Valencia from Lyon in 2018 and has been capped by his country up to Under-21 level.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/10/01/fulham-and-west-ham-test-water-for-la-liga-defender/475193/

WhiteJC

Kieron Bowie ready for Fulham challenge after living Raith Rovers dream

He started watching Raith Rovers at the age of seven – now 18, Kieron Bowie has helped them win a league title, got them a big transfer fee and earned himself a move to the Premier League.

The Fulham striker joined the Craven Cottage side in the summer after a breakthrough at local club Raith. Stark's Park boss John McGlynn handed him a chance whilst the teenager was still at school and he went on to make 39 appearances with 10 goals and six assists.

Now his development will continue in Fulham's elite academy, where the 18-year-old will play for the Premier League side's U23s this term. Moving in the middle of a health pandemic had postponed his move south for a short while, but now he's delighted to get into the swing of things in London.

"It's been strange but it's been very good because everyone has made me feel so welcome," Bowie told NTOF. "My move happened in January and that's when I signed the deal. Nothing like COVID had been heard of yet so I thought I'd just finish the season at Raith and then I'll get down.

"I didn't expect any of it and I wondered what would happen. I was supposed to come down at the start of July but it never happened until the end of July because of the lockdown which wasn't great. But I got here eventually.

"It's just me but I'm in digs with another family which is good. It's strange when you think of it in your head but it's good. I've got to make some sacrifices if you want to do what you want to do, leave home and things like that. It's a challenge but something I wanted to do.

"Because of COVID we can't go near the first-team, we can't even train at the same facilities. But it's not a big deal, we'll just stick to where we train. We beat Brighton in our first game and it's always important to get a good start to the season.

"It's a bit different but it's more technical so it's more of a challenge for me. It's helped my development with the coaches here."

Leaving home
Whilst the Fulham opportunity was one Bowie couldn't turn down, it was something he thought long and hard about. His club that he watched growing up had allowed him to live his boyhood dream, something he'll always be thankful for.

A humble young man who's grateful for everything he gets, Bowie has had a very different football experience compared to many of those around his age group. McGlynn's old-fashioned ways meant there was no time for the teenager to get too big for his boots.

Whilst thrilled to be a Fulham player, the youngster says he wouldn't have been bothered by staying with two men he owes so much to in football.

"Him (McGlynn) and Paul Smith were great with me," the forward explained. "I was still at school when they signed me and I trained twice a week, the school were good with them as well. I didn't think I was going to play any games to be honest last season but obviously they believed in me.

"It was good of them to want to play me. I didn't have any of the gear, I just got changed there, had a shower and then went back to school! I wasn't playing games then, I was just going in for training.

"Some people like it at clubs like Celtic or Rangers but I don't think I would like that. It was harder at Raith as I was an apprentice on not much money but I enjoyed it with the boys. After games we would sweep up and put everyone else's boots away! It was very good for keeping you grounded.

"I don't think I would have minded staying. I'm obviously delighted to be here but either way I would have been happy. I wouldn't have been fussed if I was still at Raith.

"I spoke to a few people when I had gone in to get my medal. I spoke to the manager, Paul Smith and the chairman that's now left. I've spoke to the players on social media but hopefully I can get back up to watch a game with any time off."

Living the dream
Bowie's time in football so far has been surreal for him. Not only has he cemented himself as a hero for young Raith fans just as the likes of Graham Weir and John Baird may have been for him, he's also helped them win a league title.

Raith secured promotion back to the Championship last season as they pipped Falkirk to the crown in Scotland's third tier. Bowie attracted plenty of interest in this campaign, including one particular night where Fulham came forward.

It's all been a brilliant experience so far for Bowie as he admits that his Premier League move was a shock: "I didn't think anything was going to happen. My agent never mentioned any moves, he just let me get on with it. I was oblivious to everything.

"You see a few scouts at games but it got to the point where there were nine or 10. We played against Montrose in January and I scored two goals. The Fulham scout was there and at half-time he said he wanted to sign me!

"The manager and my agent came to my house to talk about it because the manager wanted to do what's best for me so it wasn't about staying for him either.

"I've supported them since I was about seven. I watched them get relegated into League One. I then watched them for two seasons not get up before I had to jump in and help them! I still can't believe I managed to go there, keep playing, and move down here.

"At the age of seven all you want to do is play for your local club. Sometimes that isn't a reality but for me it was and I'm delighted Raith are back in the Championship and hopefully they can do well. I think they deserve to be there."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/kieron-bowie-ready-for-fulham-challenge-after-living-raith-rovers-dream/

WhiteJC

Kick-Off Change For Fulham Fixture

EFL Trophy tie to kick-off at 6pm.

Kick-off change for Tuesday's EFL Trophy tie.

Peterborough United entertain Fulham under 21s in the second group stage game of the EFL Trophy on Tuesday evening at the Weston Homes Stadium and this tie will now kick-off at 6pm.

The tie was originally due to take place at 7pm but has been brought forward an hour. The game will be live on iFollow with details of how to purchase a pass available shortly.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2020/october/kick-off-change-for-fulham-fixture/

WhiteJC

Report: West Ham and Fulham battling PSG for a man PL rivals bid £36m for last summer

West Ham United and Fulham are interested in Valencia defender Mouctar Diakhaby with the Premier League transfer market set to slam shut on Monday, according to FootMercato.

It has been a window of frustration for a pair of London teams who, with just four days remaining, are yet to sign the new centre-half they are crying out for.

West Ham's 4-1 thrashing at the hands of an electrifying Everton in the Carabao Cup once again exposed the lack of defensive depth at David Moyes' disposal, with Fabian Balbuena an accident waiting to happen and Declan Rice far more comfortable in his all-action midfield role.

The Hammers have missed out on the likes of James Tarkowski and the Leicester-bound Wesley Fofana in recent weeks, although there is a new name on their radar now.

FootMercato reports that Diakhaby, a 23-year-old Frenchman who joined Valencia in a £13 million deal from Lyon in 2018, is a target for not only West Ham but also local rivals Fulham.

A former France U21 international who shot to fame during Lyon's run to the Europa League semi-finals three years ago, Diakhaby would be a welcome addition to a Fulham side who have lost all three of their Premier League games so far.

Only one newly-promoted team in the competition's history (Slaven Bilic's West Brom, funnily enough) have conceded more than their ten goals in the first three matches of a new season.

French champions Paris Saint-Germain are another club among Diakhaby's admirers.

Talented though he may be, there is a nagging feeling that Diakhaby has failed to kick on since Valencia rejected a £36 million bid from Wolves last summer.

Former Los Che coach Albert Celades even claimed that the defender was costing his side points with a series of high-profile errors in 2019/20 (Marca).

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/01/report-west-ham-and-fulham-battling-psg-for-a-man-pl-rivals-bid-36m-for-last-summer/

WhiteJC

Transfer guru says Fulham in 'advanced talks' for reported Liverpool target

Fulham are in advanced talks with Sampdoria over the potential signing of Omar Colley, according to one respected journalist.

Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Colley is absent from Sampdoria's squad for their game against Fiorentina on Friday, due to a possible transfer.

The 27-year-old has been a regular feature for the Italian side since moving there in 2018. Earlier in the transfer window, he was suggested as a target for Liverpool in their efforts to replace Dejan Lovren.

But it appears Colley could end up at a different Premier League destination. Transfer expert Romano says Fulham are in "advanced talks" to sign him.

The Cottagers have been on the lookout for a new centre-back before the transfer deadline, but their previous target Marlon failed a medical before his move from Sassuolo collapsed.

Fulham have turned their attention to a different Serie A defender instead, with Colley now a top target.

The Gambian centre-half has a reported £10.8m release clause in his contract, which is due to run until 2022.

Liverpool admired Colley for two reasons
Last month, reports suggested Liverpool had identified Colley as a potential reinforcement, having yet to sign a replacement for Lovren.

While Fabinho has impressed when dropping into defence, there had been speculation that Jurgen Klopp could bring in a more natural centre-back.

At the time, Colley was mentioned as a target due to his organisational skills and reading of the game. However, it now seems he may be Fulham bound, rather than headed to Anfield.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-advanced-talks-liverpool-target-omar-colley

WhiteJC

Brentford 3-0 Fulham: Scott Parker's awful start to the season continues as his side are comfortably beaten in the Carabao Cup by the Bees - who get revenge from Championship play-off final defeat

Brentford progress in the league cup at the expense of top flight Fulham
    First blood went to the hosts after Marcus Forss scored on the 37 minute mark
    Said Benrahma doubled the lead for the Bees just after the hour mark
    The Algerian struck again to make it 3-0 and wrap up victory for Brentford

Sometimes revenge can taste bittersweet.

Nothing can erase the damage Fulham inflicted on Brentford at Wembley last season.

In the 58 days since that play-off final, as Scott Parker's side toasted promotion to the top-flight, Thomas Frank battled to retain his best players and revive a heartbroken club.

This was reward of sorts - a 3-0 win, a third Premier League scalp, a sniff of retribution and a slice of history. Brentford have never before reached the Carabao Cup last eight, after all.

But even after their biggest win in their new stadium, questions remain: Where was this display at Wembley? And have they now lost all hope of keeping Said Benrahma?

It seemed a matter of when – not if – the winger would leave following defeat under the arch. Since then, however, Benrahma has watched Ollie Watkins depart and done little else.

Until last night when, with deadline day approaching, he provided a timely reminder of his genius. Making his first start of the season, Benrahma had a hand in Marcus Forss' opener before scoring two – the second a sumptuous curling effort after he had humiliated Michael Hector with a delightful nutmeg.

With that, he kept alive Brentford's hopes of the most unlikely return to Wembley. And added a few million to his asking price?

'100 per cent,' Frank laughed afterwards. 'Either we're going to get a top price or we're going to have one of the top offensive players in the division.'

The Brentford boss insisted he took no extra pleasure from payback. 'It's particularly satisfying that we wrote history,' he said.

That will be no comfort to Parker, whose side have known little but frustration since that night at Wembley.

Here, without play-off hero Joe Bryan, they lacked threat and rhythm. The manager admitted there were no positives to take. Except perhaps two? Parker can now focus on Premier League survival; Tony Khan can worry about those new signings.

'It is clear that the team needs some help,' Parker said.

'We have lost 3 Premier League matches and the narrative around us is it's a disaster... there are issues we need to resolve and we will.'

This was another night that laid bare their shortcomings. Neeskens Kebano struck the post with an early free-kick but from there, Brentford took control.

Josh Dasilva curled just wide midway through the first half before Emiliano Marcondes curled home, only for Forss to be penalised for handball in the build-up.

Moments later, however, the young forward atoned - opening the scoring from debutant Saman Ghoddos' pull back – which was left by Benrahma.

Parker responded by bringing on new signing Ademola Lookman at half-time and Fulham did improve. Kebano was brilliantly denied by David Raya's one-handed save before Jean Michael Seri blazed over from Lookman's low cross.

But then, shortly after, a Brentford free-kick was met by Ethan Pinnock, whose header across goal fell to Benrahma.

Fulham sent on Aleksandar Mitrovic but by then the damage was done. There was only time for Benrahma's crowning glory. And perhaps his final bow?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8795739/Brentford-3-0-Fulham-Play-final-demons-banished-Bees-progress.html

WhiteJC

Benrahma brace flattens Fulham

Scott Parker will tell you that the League Cup isn't very high on his list of priorities – as evidenced by the ten changes for tonight's trip to Hounslow – but an embarrassing defeat at the hands of their local rivals only served to heighten the sense of crisis engulfing Fulham. Brentford extracted a modicum of revenge for their Championship play-off final defeat at Wembley 58 days ago but the most worrying element of another frail capitulation for Parker would have been the lethargy of his second string.

Barring a fifteen minute period when Ademola Lookman's arrival from the bench enlivened a ponderous performance, Fulham were horribly flat – a damning indictment of a side presumably selected to put pressure on Parker's previously under par first teamers. Neeskens Kebano curled a free-kick against the top of David Raya's near post, but the most dangerous of Fulham's attacking moments came via the Spanish goalkeeper's interventions. Raya, famously beaten by Joe Bryan's Wembley free-kick, was fortunate to escape punishment for fouling Kebano after he attempted to clear the danger by the corner flag and then miskicked a clearance straight to Jean Michael Seri but Anthony Knockaert's snapshot from the right angle of the penalty area flashed into the side netting.

The French winger's next contribution was to play Seri into trouble with a hospital pass on the halfway line. Marcus Forss, who had handled in the box moments earlier to rule out an opening goal, showed far more desire to win the ball and Brentford quickly exploited oceans of space on the right wing. Iranian international Saman Ghoddos drove into the penalty area and cut out Maxime Le Marchand and Michael Hector with a cut back that Forss thumped past a helpless Rodak.

Parker sent on Lookman, signed on loan from RB Leipzig yesterday, and the ex-Everton winger briefly gave Fulham some dynamism in the final third. He immediately linked up impressively with Stefan Johansen down the left and pulled back a cross for Kebano, who was denied by a splendid save from Raya. Ola Aina, who looked rusty on his first Fulham appearance, sent a speculative shot wide before Lookman darted clear down the left flank and picked out Seri in the centre, only for the Ivorian to spoon a glorious chance over from ten yards out.

That miss proved pivotal. Brentford, peripheral in the second period until that point, doubled their lead three minutes later from a simple set play. Fulham's defending was shambolic. Ethan Pinnock flicked a free-kick across the area and Said Benrahma, making his first start of the season after failing to agree a move away over the summer, strolled towards the loose ball to stroke home a simple finish. The Algerian winger's second was altogether more magical as he fired an unerring finish into the far corner from 25 yards after embarrassing Hector with an outrageous Cryuff turn, but it still looked far too easy.

Parker had sent on Aleksandar Mitrovic in an attempt to present more of a formidable forward threat, but it was Brentford who looked more likely to add further goals. Rodak made a magnificent save to deny Emiliando Marcondes a fourth as time ticked by, but the hosts had long since done enough to reach the last eight for the first time in their history. It was hardly the sort of warm-up Parker would have envisaged for Sunday's trip to Wolverhampton Wanderers, which is increasingly looking like a crunch fixture. With no new centre halves on the horizon, even picking up a first Premier League point of the campaign looks a tall order – and, regardless of how unfair it seems, the pressure will be mounting on the Fulham boss. That magical night at Wembley feels a long way away now.

BRENTFORD (4-3-3): Raya; Fosu, Thompson, Pinnock, Sorensen; DaSilva (Norgaard 69), Marcondes, Jensen; Benrahma (Stevens 80), Ghoddos (Canos 68), Forss. Subs (not used): Daniels, Jansson, Stevens, Toney.

BOOKED: Fosu, Jensen.

GOALS: Forss (37), Benrahma (62, 78).

FULHAM (4-2-3-1): Rodak; Aina (Odoi 69), Robinson, Hector, Le Marchand; Johansen, Seri; Knockaert (Mitrovic 69), Kebano, Onomah (Lookman 45); Kamara. Subs (not used): Fabri, Bryan, Francois, Cairney.

BOOKED: Kamara, Johansen.

REFEREE: Jon Moss (West Yorkshire).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/10/benrahma-brace-flattens-fulham/

WhiteJC

More misery for Fulham as brilliant Benrahma sends Brentford into Carabao Cup quarter-finals

SAID BENRAHMA GAVE his Premier League suitors a nudge as Brentford gained some revenge for their play-off final defeat with a 3-0 Carabao Cup victory over Fulham.

Benrahma, the star of Brentford's promotion bid last season, scored twice as the Bees reached the quarter-finals for the first time in their history.

The Algerian midfielder has been linked with a host of top-flight clubs but, with an anticipated move yet to materialise he was given his first start of this season, and he took his chance in style.

What Brentford would have given for a performance like this two months ago, when they were pipped to promotion by their West London rivals in the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

On this evidence Brentford may well have been the better equipped to make a decent fist of the Premier League.

Defeat meant more misery for Fulham boss Scott Parker, whose side have lost all three matches upon their return to the top flight.

Parker made 10 changes to the side thumped by Aston Villa on Monday and they were inches away from taking a 10th-minute lead when Neeskens Kebano whipped a 25-yard free-kick round the Brentford wall and against the crossbar.

Bees goalkeeper David Raya almost gifted Fulham an opener with a poor clearance but Anthony Knockaert could only find the side-netting.

Instead Brentford went ahead eight minutes before half-time with debutant Saman Ghoddos the architect.

The Iran midfielder took advantage when Jean Michael Seri lost possession, found space down the right and squared the ball for Finnish youngster Marcus Forss to slam home.

Fulham attempted to hit back before the interval but Aboubakar Kamara's curler was too high.

Parker sent on Ademola Lookman for his debut at the break and the former Everton winger injected some urgency into their attack.

Raya was forced into a fine save to keep out Kebano's looping effort before Lookman's cut-back was blazed over the crossbar by Seri.

But Benrahma doubled the lead when he arrived at the far post to convert Ethan Pinnock's header across goal.

And last season's star performer killed Fulham off with a stunning turn and shot for what could yet be his final goal in Brentford colours.

https://www.the42.ie/brentford-3-fulham-0-carabao-cup-october-2020-5220729-Oct2020/

WhiteJC

Fulham to scupper Sheffield United move for Rhian Brewster?

Sheffield United are continuing to work to try and get a deal for Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster over the line.

The Blades are hoping to conclude a deal for the 20-year-old forward in a move that would bring an end to one of the longest running transfer sagas United fans have known in recent years.

Chris Wilder appears to be winning the race for Brewster. Various outlets have claimed a bid in the region of £18m is on the table, although that could rise to £23m, making the striker a record signing for United.

However, 90Min.com journalist, @GrizzKhan, has claimed via his Twitter account that Fulham are now the latest club to lodge a bid for Brewster.

The update comes as it appears Crystal Palace have moved away from discussions. If Fulham's interest is true, then it could spell trouble for United, with Brewster said to be keen on a move back to London as well as Sheffield.

However, the report hasn't been picked up on by other outlets as yet. Furthermore, Fulham have other concerns, such as signing a defender following some dismal performances in recent weeks.

We'll be happy when this one is done and dusted, either way!
Are you bored of reading our updates yet? Probably not, but the will-he won't-he with Brewster is becoming a tad tiresome.

It's a deal the club must get over the line now given all the media information around it. If we don't, we'll look like we're struggling to tie things up for key targets and we could then go into scramble mode come Monday.

Hopefully, the Blades have an announcement today. The deadline for Brewster arriving to feature at Arsenal is 12pm today. At the moment, that looks unlikely, but we will wait and see.

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/fulham-to-scupper-sheffield-united-move-for-rhian-brewster/