watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This team Roy has assembled

Started by RidgeRider, February 10, 2010, 02:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

I am getting the opportunity to watch the re-broadcast of the Fulham game right now, it's after 6PM PST and the thought occured to me and has occured to others on this board in the past but....Roy has assembled a really good team with a lot of depth. This has been overlooked recently during our tailspin. Let's break it down:

Defense:

Full Backs: Pantsil, Konch, Shorey, and Kelly
Center Backs: Hughes, Hangeland, Smalling, Baird

Midfield: Murphy, Etuhu, Greening, Davies, Duff, Dempsey, Diksahoy, Riise, Gera, Baird

Striker: Zamora, AJ, Elm, Okaka, Nevland

While we still maybe one striker short, perhaps we need one more cover in defense and a creative midfielder but this team is stacked and deep. I realize at least two of these guys came in because we were short due to injuries, not sure that Roy wouldn't have added anyway given he was able to get rid of some excess baggage in the process.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 10, 2010, 02:43:57 AM
I am getting the opportunity to watch the re-broadcast of the Fulham game right now, it's after 6PM PST and the thought occured to me and has occured to others on this board in the past but....Roy has assembled a really good team with a lot of depth. This has been overlooked recently during our tailspin. Let's break it down:

Defense:

Full Backs: Pantsil, Konch, Shorey, and Kelly
Center Backs: Hughes, Hangeland, Smalling, Baird

Midfield: Murphy, Etuhu, Greening, Davies, Duff, Dempsey, Diksahoy, Riise, Gera, Baird

Striker: Zamora, AJ, Elm, Okaka, Nevland

While we still maybe one striker short, perhaps we need one more cover in defense and a creative midfielder but this team is stacked and deep. I realize at least two of these guys came in because we were short due to injuries, not sure that Roy wouldn't have added anyway given he was able to get rid of some excess baggage in the process.
I second the motion Ridgie. Still got some concerns about Kelly but I think he is a much better play than he has shown thus far.

NogoodBoyo

Hey Rough Ridge,
You missed Baird at full back.  He looked very comfortable indeed there tonight.
You remark about the cerative midfielder is the crucial one.  We're too reliant on Murphy at times.
Nogood "forgetting Sanchez, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

GCW- I agree we are too harsh as fans when players don't show their quality right away. Seems like everyone on his team, sans Murphy, took some time getting used to the style of play Roy employs so we need to give the lad some time to fully bed-in

Boyo - Very good point and i did miss Baird at full back. I also could have included Gera and Dempsey at striker as well, to be fair.

FFCOutpostCommander

Roy is indeed a crafty old veteran. He put a scare in me with a few choices recently but has sorted it out quite nicely after all. Even our so called second choice players under his direction are able to reach above their individual talents when pulled together in Roy's system. Very impressive recovery and long may it continue!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA