watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How to get the most from Mitro?

Started by Black, White and Fred, September 30, 2020, 12:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

In my opinion that the main reason we are not getting the most from Mitrovic is our current formation limits him to balls from the wing, where he is marked by both CBs. He rarely has support from midfield and is so isolated he then loses the ball.
This got me thinking about the Zamora - Gera Partnership that proved so effective.
If we were to try Roys old formation of: 4-4-1-1 who would you play in the relative roles?
Lemina seems to be good in a tackle and can ping a pass could he do the Danny Murphy Role with Zambo being a more skillful Etuhu? What would be you choice for the Gera role? Or do you think this formation wouldn't work in today's football?
On the defence front I did notice that Leicester defended with two banks of 4 against City and it seemed to still work as it did with us in Roys time.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

FulhamStu

Prob the best in the 1 behind Mitro is currently BDR

..FOF..

With top flight team, play the long ball to Mitro.

Midfield have to think defensively. BDR only other attacker and to be allowed to roam free.

Untill we got our CBs sorted out, that is.

WindyCity

I just don't see much of a change with FFC attack, relying solely on Mitro.

Maybe what they should be practicing in training is being much better on corners and set pieces/free kicks.  At least we can get some more players in the box.  By and large over the last several seasons FFC has been very ineffective in their set piece opportunities.

bencher

Quote from: ..FOF.. on October 01, 2020, 12:35:21 PM
With top flight team, play the long ball to Mitro.

Midfield have to think defensively. BDR only other attacker and to be allowed to roam free.

Untill we got our CBs sorted out, that is.

BDR is far too easily muscled out of it. And has a poor conversion rate on chances from close range.

I liked the look of Onomah in the advanced role that we saw at the end of last season. Has the physicality to make defenders work hard, and a decent shot on him. I don't think he's quite sharp enough for the box to box role, he's outfoxed by superior technicians in midfield.

valdeingruo

I know this sounds vague but we need to play like we dont have Mitro to get the best out of him. Essentially every team knows we rely on him so they double mark and take him out of the game. We cross, cross , cross and cross some more and its not effective when we are hoping that he gets a lucky drop. When he was not in the team towards the end of the season last year, we played much better because it forced us to play differently and the opponents prep was thrown off, its happened every year weve had Mitro, he starts off well and then teams start marking him out and we struggle. We need to pass and move with urgency, often times Fulham has adopted a "pass them to death" approach, which only really happens because the other team doesnt need to press us as they are already 3-0 up. We need to get into the opposition box by passing it around, keep it on the floor and take smart shots. Too often, the only shot we have on goal that is not a Mitro shot is either Cav or Knock cutting inside and releasing a shot that usually troubles no one. Mitro is a natural finisher but we dont set him up for success.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Dr Quinzel

Get someone in the 10 role really close to him, or push the 8 much further forwards. Or don't play the wingers inside-out.