watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What does Matt Wells do?

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 02, 2020, 12:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

I mean...he's the guy giving Scott information on the sidelines during games, but what are his day to day responsibilities?

The Rational Fan

I wonder why if Scott Parker has so much talent, why he is listening to someone without experience.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 02, 2020, 12:40:38 AM
I mean...he's the guy giving Scott information on the sidelines during games, but what are his day to day responsibilities?

Scotty - latte, cappuccino, extra sugar.....?

filham

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on October 02, 2020, 09:34:42 AM

Scotty - latte, cappuccino, extra sugar.....?
Are you suggesting he replaced Hilda.

Bronaldinho

Dare I say it, but before his appointment a lot of Spurs fans said Parker didn't really have much of a tactical mindset. Stuck to one formation and hoped the players delivered. And that was at youth level!

All coming to the surface now.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

rebel

That really is a question, well someone has to count the players on and off the pitch in case we lose any in the grass (I'm not being serious).   

rebel

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 02, 2020, 10:42:38 AM
Dare I say it, but before his appointment a lot of Spurs fans said Parker didn't really have much of a tactical mindset. Stuck to one formation and hoped the players delivered. And that was at youth level!

All coming to the surface now.

Very one dimensional, he has notes from his experience over the years, the end result is 'Parkerball'.

H4usuallysitting

I'm assuming he helped get us promoted

Jamie88

According to the official site, Stuart Gray is still our assistant manager, but it is obvious watching any match that Wells is certainly the one in Scott's ear and by his side offering advice. I had also heard that Gray has taken a bit of a backseat over recent times due to health issues. Seems to coincide with our ever-decreasing quality of defending. I question how a 32-year-old who has never played the game professionally and who has never been involved in a first team setup at any professional club until he joined Fulham, can possibly be the right man for the job.

H4usuallysitting

Was Moaniho a decent footballer

toshes mate

I am beginning to believe that from top to bottom the club is being steadily filled with personnel no one else wanted or wants ... makes Junior Khan's job much easier.

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly, he surrounds himself with people who are no threat to him, who will not ask difficult questions, I think they are known as yes men.
When I was in my 20s I remember a Manager I worked for summoning me to his office one day.
He basically and unfairly accused me of intimidating my co workers.
So I stared at him until he apologised.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.