watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

12 points??

Started by Fulham76, October 02, 2020, 10:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

This has got to be our target this season, which will be 1 point more than Derby got in the 'worst ever' premier league points total 2007/08.

Early days, I know, but we look more than capable of competing for that unwanted record.

On a side note, have a guess which team failed to beat Derby that season? There were 2 actually, Newcastle were one - Derby actually beat them for their only win that season. Guess who the other team was though???

FFC In Oz

12 points looks miles away at the moment.

I'm struggling to see us even get a point at this stage.  Our defence is a joke.

Jim©

Whilst I think people are almost insane for claiming this stuff after 3 games, there's some stats to back up why we probably won't...

Derby finished that season with the lowest amount of shots, shots on target, goals, and the highest amount of shots conceded and goals conceded.
We/ve currently had the 7th most shots and perhaps unfortunately conceding 55% of shots on target against us (which is high).

Whilst our defence currently looks a shambles- they are very individual errors that are leading to goals.

Personally think we'll be way better than Derby were that season- but it's not going to be easy if we continue to play OK but have catastrophic lapses of concentration that gift goals.

Fulham76

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 02, 2020, 10:20:49 AM

I'm struggling to see us even get a point at this stage.  Our defence is a joke.

You're probably right.

The premier league is much tougher these days & our defence will, (and is), getting torn apart by every one we play. So far this season, we need to score at least 4 to win a game.

Although, to be fair, our defence has only been an issue for about 3 seasons, so don't need any knee jerk reactions here....

Fulham76

Quote from: Jim© on October 02, 2020, 10:25:14 AM
Whilst I think people are almost insane for claiming this stuff after 3 games, there's some stats to back up why we probably won't...

Derby finished that season with the lowest amount of shots, shots on target, goals, and the highest amount of shots conceded and goals conceded.
We/ve currently had the 7th most shots and perhaps unfortunately conceding 55% of shots on target against us (which is high).

Whilst our defence currently looks a shambles- they are very individual errors that are leading to goals.

Personally think we'll be way better than Derby were that season- but it's not going to be easy if we continue to play OK but have catastrophic lapses of concentration that gift goals.

Hope you're right but, as I said above, the premier is much tougher now. Give a chance away these days & it ends in the back of our net.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 02, 2020, 10:25:32 AM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 02, 2020, 10:20:49 AM

You're probably right.

The premier league is much tougher these days & our defence will, (and is), getting torn apart by every one we play. So far this season, we need to score at least 4 to win a game.

Although, to be fair, our defence has only been an issue for about 3 seasons, so don't need any knee jerk reactions here....

When Aston Villa & Brentford are not only beating you, but tearing you apart, it's difficult to hold any hope at all.