News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have recruited well so far this season.

Started by fulhamben, October 04, 2020, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Now I know we are light in certain areas, but the window isn't shut yet, so I'm going to talk about who we have signed not who we haven't.

Areola, I'm a big fan of rodak but areola looks like he's on another level.
Aina and tete. Both upgrades on what we have, with tete looking like an absolute steal at the price we paid
Robinson could well be the signing of the season, Wigan must be gutted he left so cheap.
Reed we all know what he brings
Lemina, bit rough around the edges but has a great eye for a pass. Can mix it up better than reed
Lookman. Wow, he's the new boa Morte.
So all in all every signing looks to be an upgrade and have all played well so far. We've recruited well. Just need to finish the job in the next 26 hours.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

If Zambo keps fit, I fee like we're 3 players off a decent team to be honest. 2 CB's and a winger. Squad depth a striker too. Fingers crossed.

Deeping_white

I know we love a deadline day signing but of those we've been linked with, we really need two of Colley, Todibo, Anderson, Baumgartl, Gleison and ideally I would say 3 based on us appearing to be moving to 5-2-3/5-4-1. Then we need Koopmeiners as a CDM because Reed is unreliable with his injury history and we need a proper CDM available at all times, and then Josh King because he's pacy and has goals in him at this level

Tabby

Yeah, I'm fairly happy with all the signings so far. Just that there are a couple of glowing areas that need to be reinforced, hopefully they're coming in and will be able to perform as well.

The biggest question marks so far are about Lemina and Aina, haven't seen enough of either to tell.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree that so far the players mentioned appear to be an upgrade, and today's performance for me was encouraging.
We must build on it and complete the recruitment before the deadline, as we need to to hold our own.
We will need all hands on deck during the season which will be very challenging, and we must strengthen the starting line and by doing so strengthen the squad which will be tested this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Not seen anything to suggest that players bought in this season are much of an upgrade. But hope that others are right and we will improve. Certainly today proves we can at least compete at this level.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2020, 08:24:02 PM
Now I know we are light in certain areas, but the window isn't shut yet, so I'm going to talk about who we have signed not who we haven't.

Aina and tete. Both upgrades on what we have, with tete looking like an absolute steal at the price we paid
Robinson could well be the signing of the season, Wigan must be gutted he left so cheap.
Lemina, bit rough around the edges but has a great eye for a pass. Can mix it up better than reed
So all in all every signing looks to be an upgrade and have all played well so far. We've recruited well. Just need to finish the job in the next 26 hours.

0001.jpeg

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on October 04, 2020, 08:24:02 PM

Agree, good positive post. Have to have a big 24 hours now though.
STH H3

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 04, 2020, 10:53:08 PM
Yes I agree that so far the players mentioned appear to be an upgrade, and today's performance for me was encouraging.
We must build on it and complete the recruitment before the deadline, as we need to to hold our own.
We will need all hands on deck during the season which will be very challenging, and we must strengthen the starting line and by doing so strengthen the squad which will be tested this season.
good point woolly also its early season so we need to make points up on the board early as easier to catch up now than after Xmas and not be involved in relegation struggle.

toshes mate

There has been a sighificant shift in team performance between Brentford Community Stadium and Molineux but let's save our assessments until this team and squad has settled down from the absolute horrific start (at a number of levels) FFC has suffered.  Two teams always contribute to what happens in a game and at least we turned up yesterday.

Bassey the warrior

We have recruited well, no duff signings so far. It will all be for nought if we don't get those cb's and some more goalscorers in though.

FulhamStu

Yesterday.

Areola, very good
Robinson, excellent
Lookman, excellent
Aina, ok, getting better

Add to that
Anguissa, best player on the pitch
Games so far, Tete looked good
Lemina, potential to be decent

Only poor signing is Knockaert who I just don't believe we paid £10M for, more like £5M top up on loan.

Statto

We've recruited poorly. We had really obvious, key areas that needed strengthening before the season started, and we didn't, allowing negativity to settle around the club before the window had even closed.

But yes the players we have signed, whilst not CBs, have looked decent and good value for money (Knockaert aside, but I've a feeling that one way another, we effectively committed to that transfer when we loaned him last year).