more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We all happy with Tony Khan now?

Started by KingofCheese, October 06, 2020, 08:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

No!
There's no way you can dress this up as being proactive to our problems.

More like failing to control the situation (again) and having to make do with what you can get by just responding to the problem after its happened.

But you never now!

Nero

Quote from: Jack Fulham on October 06, 2020, 10:04:07 AM
Heard this on Sky Sports News last night "well run clubs rarely do business on deadline day".

On top of that 5 loanees who do not face the same consequences of relegation as contracted players. Its already been a tough season and not sure you can rely on them when it gets really bad. Few stop gaps and then we get to go through this again next summer.

From Harry redknapp the King of deadline day. What he meant was team with loads of money and in champions league.

colinwhite

Dont see this as anything to discuss. it is what it is. Let hope the signings work out. I think they look like they could be really good for us and all players that will play for the shirt,unlike last time . In this at least TK has shown he learned alot from 2018.

General

Honestly, think we need to sign a RW or Left wing and another striker. I'd go for Benhrama and King ideally.

Statto

Quote from: colinwhite on October 06, 2020, 10:26:10 AM
I think they look like... players that will play for the shirt,unlike last time . In this at least TK has shown he learned alot from 2018.

True, fair point

70sPimlico

Quote from: Nero on October 06, 2020, 10:23:49 AM
Heard this on Sky Sports News last night "well run clubs rarely do business on deadline day".

On top of that 5 loanees who do not face the same consequences of relegation as contracted players. Its already been a tough season and not sure you can rely on them when it gets really bad. Few stop gaps and then we get to go through this again next summer.

From Harry redknapp the King of deadline day. What he meant was team with loads of money and in champions league.
Not a major point, but it wasn't HR it was a sky reporter when asked who had not done well. He didn't answer that but said the ones that have done well are ones that got biz done early. I have seen this used by Fulham fans to take another swipe at TK.

It was more aimed at Man U and Chelsea and Man City were used as  the good example. The last team to get promoted and sitting bottom of the league, we were hardly going to get our signings in early.

I think we've done well. My concern has been more about us making chances and hurting teams (of course we needed quality at back) Lemina, Lookman, RLC and to a certain extent Robinson means we are going to have some serious weapons that will create us some space.

I'm really looking forward to watching us play

Twig

To the OP, it's nothing to do with whether I "like" TK or not. I've never met him and have no opinion.

Am I satisfied with our transfer dealings? No. We have two CBs who have never succeeded at the level of the Prem or an equivalent overseas division. There is no guarantee that they will prove to be an improvement on what we already have. And for what it's worth TRF highlighted their stats from playing in the Championship vs Hector, MLM etc. and they were no better!

In addition we have RLC on lan who could be a decent addition if he stays injury free and that's a risk.

Thus far only Lookman and Tete seem like decent upgrades to me but I very much hope I am proved wrong.

S.F.Sorrow

Too little and too late. No I'm not happy. I'm not convinced either of the two new CBs are Premier League quality and even if they are they will still need the equivalent of a pre-season to settle in. Which means we may (or may not) have a decent defence around December and by then we'll probably be as good as relegated.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

filham

Phew, that was close, not only the last day of the window but the last hour of the last day for the three signings.
Well it looks as if Parker has been given the tools to do the job, in particular we now have new players in each of the back four positions.
Yesterday's signings  ,I think, were all six footers, so should help in defending set pieces.

Only time will tell as to how good these new signings are but at this moment they give us hope.

General

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on October 06, 2020, 10:50:17 AM
Too little and too late. No I'm not happy. I'm not convinced either of the two new CBs are Premier League quality and even if they are they will still need the equivalent of a pre-season to settle in. Which means we may (or may not) have a decent defence around December and by then we'll probably be as good as relegated.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

The jury is obviously clearly still out, but I was comforted when I saw Joachim Andersen's stats from last season. He actually had some pretty decent game time for Lyon and played alongside Tete.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joachim-andersen/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/260827/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Shows he can perform against top opposition, which has given me more cause for optimism.

Tosin - anybody's guess. I think he's probably quite similar in terms of potential to Todibo strangely. Todibo did play for bigger teams in Barca and Schalke, but if we're being honest he played 8 games for Schalke... Tosin has played two seasons in the championship and Blackburn fans wish they had him back and thought he was premier league quality. He's also a perm. He has height and pace on his side though and seems to have an eye for a pass, can score, tracks back well so the fundamentals are there.

Would still like to see Benhrama and King in though.

Fulham1959

Are Fulham fans ever happy ?  Are football fans ever happy ?  For more than short periods, that is.

The key to success for any team is to blend the players that you have, and then those same players with the ones you've newly acquired.  It's always 'exciting' to get new players - it's often the "any change will be an improvement" syndrome. 

The best and most effective players are always the ones that we didn't buy, the ones not selected in the matchday squad or the unused subs.  That's seems to be how the majority of fans think.

I'm happy.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Nero on October 06, 2020, 10:23:49 AM

Pretty sure it was Dharmesh Sheth who said it. Anyway move aside Harry, Tony Khan is the King of deadline day!

Jules

I'm happy with the signings. I think we need a striker, Josh King would be great. We need alternate options to Mitro and possibly as well as. More pace and running off the ball.

Tabby

Still not happy that it took 4 rounds before we had central defenders in. And we dont know how the new signings will work out yet.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on October 06, 2020, 09:33:02 AM
No.

Firstly because just as in 2018, we were the most active team on deadline day (this time jointly with Man Utd). For all the excuses made by some on here that every club experiences the same challenges in the market, the fact is we've consistently done business later than our peers under TK. Points were there for the taking against Leeds, Villa and an off-form Wolves - not 9pts but maybe 3-6pts. His poor management of the window has cost us those points. Will that be the difference between going up and staying down?

Secondly, with hindsight, those on here and Twitter whose back-of-a-fag packet FFP calculations projected that we're now heavily restricted as a consequence of our spending in the last couple of years appear to have been proved right. I have to admit I didn't see that coming. Perhaps this explains why insiders have seemed so convinced Leeds will do better than us - because they've a spending power that we don't. TK could have mentioned this among his list of excuses in his last video, but he didn't, presumably because he's too embarrassed or stubborn to admit it. A few weeks ago we were expecting £30m signings. Instead we got two loans and a £2m player. Reality bites.

We are heavily restricted by FFP only because we are writing down Seri, Mawson, MLM and Fabri to zero book value, this restricts us now, but makes us more free in following seasons. TK maybe making a mistake writing off Seri but it also maybe a longer term masterstoke. Writing off Seri for 2 seasons means we cannot buy one £25m player, writing off Mawson means we cannot buy one £15m player and likewise with every player written off. It seems TK plan is come 17th-18th this season and then if 18th win the championship with barely having to sell anyone. TK is ensure his previous mistakes don't hit the balance sheet of next season, it's risky to write off Seri this season, but it's risky to wait to next season. TK still has the option not to write the players off this season and buy in the winter but that seems the plan.

I Ronic

Going up two years ago as play off winners put TK and his team few weeks behind the Cardiff and Wolves in making choices. Right up to the Villa game there would very probably been a promotion list and a Championship list. On paper the boys and loans looked impressive  but it didnt work out.
The following season there was a marked changed with several players on loan to buy deals. Arguably that team should of done a little better than it did and we would have achieved an automatic spot and gained a valuable extra couple of weeks buying time.
Personally I think TK and his team are getting to grips with the steep learning curve and this seasons buys and loans seem to be money well spent.

Jim©

If you look at the teams that wanted CBs, I'm pleased we got two seemingly decent ones over the line. Plenty who needed one got none.
I get the impression that 90% of fans think it's like football manager where you put a bid in, with wages, and that's it, done.

These deals were likely going on for a few weeks. Deadline day is more likely the agent hanging on to see what more they can make out of it unfortunately.

When you look at Tete, Robinson and Adabarioyo for £5m, I'd class that as exceptional business personally. I'd love to have seen buy clauses for Lookman, Areola and Andersen if I was being picky- but if we go on to have a good season and stay in the league- who knows, they may want to become part of something bigger.

Denzil Dexter

If they stay fit and play to their potential, hopefully we'll scrape our way to safety.  Also the fact we kept expenditure low may now mean we can swoop for an attacking championship player or 2?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

b+w geezer

We now have the makings of, Mitro apart, a new starting 11 from last season

September confirmed that little less would do.

We are meanwhile 4 fixtures in, with an all-new defence needing to integrate without delay.

The only upside is that last year's outfielders have all had time to feature. In 2018 they didn't, which led to a fractured dressing room. 

If that's avoided this time and we get instant teamplay among the new defenders, there may be net benefit importing so late. None obvious otherwise.

hovewhite

After last night's additions a widow of round pegs in round holes so happy with TK .yes