watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our new back four

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 06, 2020, 12:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Robinson, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Aina (Unfortunate about Tete sadly being out for so long). If it's a back five keep Joe Bryan in the mix, drop everyone else. Thoughts? Does Hector get another chance?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: OhConnah on October 06, 2020, 12:00:19 AM
Robinson, Andersen, Adarabioyo, Aina (Unfortunate about Tete sadly being out for so long). If it's a back five keep Joe Bryan in the mix, drop everyone else. Thoughts? Does Hector get another chance?
as I've said on my 25 man squad, if Loftus-Cheek signs we need to drop 4 players. Stefjo and kmac would probably go, maybe fabricio and then at least one of the big names from last season. Can't see us registering 5 centre backs and odoi as cover so one of them is off, and hecter probably has been the worst out of the three so far.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RoyTund

Mr K.Dilkington

So two 6'5 monsters at CB now is very sexy...that and they're both (seemingly) very good ball players. No excuse not winning those first to the ball headers now. 
Foolish ham

General

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 06, 2020, 12:14:31 AM
So two 6'5 monsters at CB now is very sexy...that and they're both (seemingly) very good ball players. No excuse not winning those first to the ball headers now. 

Joachim is apparently 6ft 3 but I get what you're saying. Hopefully both are competent upgrades and improve competition.

YankeeJim

Good to hear about new blood. When it comes to CB's I like them tall.

BTW, did anyone else notice that we just put on our best defensive performance of the season with the two CB's that everyone lambasts.
Is that because we finally have some decent FB's?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 06, 2020, 12:28:57 AM

BTW, did anyone else notice that we just put on our best defensive performance of the season with the two CB's that everyone lambasts.

Apart from MLM performance's against top six teams and some shocking cup games, I really don't see why we think he is so poor.

Statistical for the last two seasons, our weakest central defender is Tim Ream and while scouts/US coach/Parker rate him; the evidence remains that he makes a smallest mistake and we have conceded another goal due to individual error.

Mawson, MLM, Anguiisaa amd Seri may make more mistakes, but somehow theit mistakes don't always lead to goals conceded.

Samsara

I thought this was interesting.
Invalid Tweet ID

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Samsara on October 06, 2020, 01:01:45 AM
I thought this was interesting.
Invalid Tweet ID

Very interesting indeed!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 06, 2020, 12:44:50 AM

Apart from MLM performance's against top six teams and some shocking cup games, I really don't see why we think he is so poor.

Statistical for the last two seasons, our weakest central defender is Tim Ream and while scouts/US coach/Parker rate him; the evidence remains that he makes a smallest mistake and we have conceded another goal due to individual error.

Mawson, MLM, Anguiisaa amd Seri may make more mistakes, but somehow theit mistakes don't always lead to goals conceded.

Perhaps that is because Ream is seldom out of position. He has a good football brain, unlike Hector & MLM.  In a way he is a little like Aaron. Not the best by any means but almost always where he should be. How many times has Ream's mistake come when he is defending 1v1 and no one else is around? How many times is he covering someone else man? I've never understood why we give up so many goals with only one defender in the box. Where the hell are the rest of them? Statistics can only record each instance and they don't have an asterisk saying Hector or Odai were out to lunch.
Lets hope that these two new guys come to be known as the Thames Towers. Brede would like that, I think.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 06, 2020, 01:04:50 AM

Perhaps that is because Ream is seldom out of position. He has a good football brain, unlike Hector & MLM.  In a way he is a little like Aaron. Not the best by any means but almost always where he should be. How many times has Ream's mistake come when he is defending 1v1 and no one else is around? How many times is he covering someone else man? I've never understood why we give up so many goals with only one defender in the box. Where the hell are the rest of them? Statistics can only record each instance and they don't have an asterisk saying Hector or Odai were out to lunch.
Lets hope that these two new guys come to be known as the Thames Towers. Brede would like that, I think.

Yes, it could be argued that Ream's poor statistic reflect: a) the poor Odoi/Ream partnership in the premier league, b) the poor Mawson/Ream partnership in the championship, c) the poor Ream/Bryan partnership in the championship and d) the poor Hector/Ream partnership in the premier league. An alternative argument is we should stop trying to find Ream's next partner and retire Ream instead.

love4ffc

While I do think it's time for Fulham to have a new CB partnership, I would agree with those who think that Ream and MLM had a good game against Wolves. 
Hopefully Andersen & Adarabioyo will be those guys this season.  Still think Ream can have a bit part this season.  Hector, not so sure of. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

clarkey

Ream shows amazing resilience. He gives us a lot of effort and position-wise he is far superior to anyone else on the books. He plays for the shirt and that counts for a lot. Compare for example with the woeful Cav who will barely break sweat for us.

Look at Hughes and there are a lot of similarities. Defence is about partnerships and trusting those around you. Sadly Ream has not had a great partner alongside him.Odoi has given a great deal and has been versatile but not quite the rock we needed.Do not be too quick to discount Ream he can be great with the right man alongside him. Shame it is all so last minute.

I thought against Wolves we looked far better, because our full backs defended far better.We should use Ream plus the new great Dane, with Robinson and then get the right back berth sorted. Reid as CDM with Zambo and then Cairney, R L-C/Josh, Mitro and Kebano or Knoc....plenty of options then. Offload Seri and Cav asap. Mabe even get Bobby Reid scoring. Bright players then and get them organised, could be really strong and creative. But if Cairney goes down...where is the creativity ?

Moltobueno

It's going to be different season - no winter break, very intense schedule etc.
The depth of the bench is vital. I wouldn't be surprised we played against some reserves/u23 against a top4 team in February.

That said, I too think we need to let a few players go. Hector has been lost this year but he showed in championship he's best of the rest so he will stay.

Ream is just 33 now and a top lad but his weakness is pace. Agree with previous posters - he loses his head for a few minutes and we concede.

Parker has started using MLM more and more - wonder if that's to attract clubs to get him or he's doing something right in the trainings.

rebel

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 06, 2020, 12:14:31 AM

All of yesterdays signings add much needed height to the squad. RLC - 6'3'', Anderson 6'3'' and Adarabioyo 6'5''.

YankeeJim

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 06, 2020, 01:50:06 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on October 06, 2020, 01:04:50 AM

Yes, it could be argued that Ream's poor statistic reflect: a) the poor Odoi/Ream partnership in the premier league, b) the poor Mawson/Ream partnership in the championship, c) the poor Ream/Bryan partnership in the championship and d) the poor Hector/Ream partnership in the premier league. An alternative argument is we should stop trying to find Ream's next partner and retire Ream instead.

It would seem rational to me that given your stats, Ream makes the others worse since they all were poor. That also would mean that management/Parker are even worse since they have dumped all the others and kept Ream. Who will you blame after Ream is gone? I'm sure it'll be someone.

Milo

Think MLM is just that there's no one else left to try