more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 14/10/20...

Started by WhiteJC, October 13, 2020, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham New Boy Jordan Aina Says Goodbye To Chelsea After Eleven Years At The

Jordan Aina has taken to social media to say goodbye to everyone associated with Chelsea after eleven years at the club.

The versatile fullback completed a transfer to Fulham before the close of the transfer window following a successful trial and he has now confirmed his departure from The Blues.

Aina had to move on to pastures new because he was not offered a fresh deal by Chelsea following the end of his scholarship.

The 2001-born defender officially joined Chelsea at U9 level after progressing through the development center programme.

Writing on Instagram, Jordan Aina said : "Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to @chelseafc for the amazing years I've spent at the club.

"To all the staff and coaches I appreciate what you've done for me as a player and I'll always be grateful. I've played with amazing players/friends and it was a pleasure.

"It's been a long 11 years but it's now time for me to say my goodbyes".

The post drew reactions from several former and current Chelsea Academy players of Nigerian descent including his brother Ola Aina, ex-Nigeria U17 invitee Prince Adegoke, Faustino Anjorin, Tariq Uwakwe, Michael Olise and Daniel Jinadu.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37690

WhiteJC

Leroy Rosenior: Dealing With Racism As A Footballer

The issue of racism is at the forefront of global thinking.

Football has seen players uniting to 'take a knee' and call for change in society as a whole and in the sport itself.

As part of our Black History Month coverage, we invited Fulham favourite Leroy Rosenior MBE to speak with our Academy players about his experiences growing up as a young black footballer.

Leroy made over 100 appearances for Fulham, winning the Club's Young Player and Player of the Year awards in 1982 and 1987, respectively.

He enjoyed a sparkling career and, in amongst his three stints at Fulham, he had spells at Queens Park Rangers, West Ham United, Charlton Athletic and Bristol City.

Leroy hopes that his experiences within the game can help our future potential stars.

"Hopefully I can give them some insight based on my experiences being a young player which might help them moving forward. What I have found is that when I've spoken to groups before, my words have resonated with someone and as a result they open up about some experiences that have happened to them and they share.

"It's made them feel better and sometimes they're able to move on from those negative experiences.

"I'm a South London boy. My parents lived very near to Brixton prison and I'm the only boy, with four older sisters. When I was growing up, I used to walk through the prison to get to secondary school. My dad always used to say to me, if you ever do anything wrong that's where you'll end up."

From growing up in the shadow of Brixton Prison, Leroy's route into professional football came when he least expected it.

"I was playing for London Schoolboys in Kingston and that was how I got into football. We played a Chelsea team, I finished playing the game and a guy called Derek Quigley, who's sadly no longer with us, came up to me and asked if I'd like to go for a trial.

"I was 17 at the time and in the space of three months I had become a professional footballer. It all happened very quickly for me."

Unfortunately, it didn't take the striker long to be reminded that the issue of racism wasn't just a societal problem, but also existed on the pitch.

"We played in an FA Cup game and Fulham at that time were a really young side. It was all about developing young players like Paul Parker who went on to play at Man United and Tony Gale who was later at Blackburn.

"I was playing in this FA Cup tie and as soon as I walked onto the pitch, the two-centre halves in this top flight side started racially abusing me. They were like a tag-team, one would do it and then the other one would do it.

"This was the first time I had experienced it in that setting. I'd already experienced it at school and out and about in South London, but not while playing football. I can tell you now, I don't remember one minute of that football match.

"At the end of the game, as I was coming off the pitch, one of the centre-halves came to shake my hand. In all honesty, I told him to f*** off. I was so upset. We lost 2-0 and I took no part in the game whatsoever because of the abuse I was getting. I realised then that if I wanted to have a professional football career, I would have to deal with it."

Leroy faced further abuse during a trip to another First Division club, but this time it was coming from the stands.

"When I used to play, there were big 10-foot fences around the edge of the pitch. Leeds was one of the worst places to play at the time for players. Towards the end of the game, I remember running over to the corner flag to pick the ball up for a corner and, as I looked around, a crowd of about 15,000 were giving me and Paul Parker the Nazi salute while chanting, 'Sieg Heil'.

"Paul was 18 and I was 17. It was directly towards us and we just wanted to get out of there. I spoke to my dad and told him that I wasn't sure I could do this anymore."

Leroy's father shared some words of wisdom with him which went on to shape how he would confront this issue then and to this day.

"My dad always used to say to me, keep your powder dry. If you blow up at the time, nobody's listening. You have to take a backwards step, a deep breath and if you want to express yourself, express it at the right time when you're going to get a positive outcome.

"That one experience taught me that, if I wanted to be successful, there were certain things that I needed to keep my powder dry about. If somebody abused me from then on, there were other ways that I could deal with that by scoring goals, by being aggressive and also by, when the time was right, sharing those experiences with people.

"I realised then that if I wanted to have a professional football career, I would have to deal with it.

Leroy Rosenior

"One incident that always stood out to me happened at Fratton Park when we faced Portsmouth. I was walking off the pitch and a young boy, probably about 10 or 11, spat at me.

"The person stood next to him, who I assume was his father, started laughing at me. Then eventually everybody in that stand just started laughing at me. The rest of my team went absolutely ballistic.

"We went in the dressing room and they said 'what was that all about?' I actually got angry with them and pointed out to them that the weeks before when those supporters were doing the Nazi salute, they didn't think anything of it. A couple of weeks before that, somebody was throwing bananas at me. Again, they didn't think anything of that.

"It was only once they saw something physical happen to me that they reacted. I just pointed out to them that I felt the same when that boy spat at me as I did when fans were making monkey noises at me.

"I had great relationships with those players and they started to understand what I had to go through as a black man. It was a totally different experience to them. That's why my book is called 'It's Only Banter'. Because people always used to tell me that, but it wasn't. Racism is different."

Leroy has been at the forefront of anti-racism campaigning within British football and was subsequently awarded an MBE in 2018.

"I've been with 'Show Racism The Red Card' for about 16/17 years. Shaka Hislop, who used to play for Newcastle and West Ham, suffered racism a lot. He was a goalkeeper and so it was worse for him. I was able to run around the pitch whereas he had to stay in his box and receive abuse from behind him all the time.

"Shaka started the campaign 25 years ago. He was once driving home with his family and he stopped at a petrol station. As he was filling up his car, four or five men started shouting racist abuse and he was concerned to say the least. The four guys started coming towards him, and he thought they were going to attack him. They recognised who he was and they ended up asking for his autograph.

"He realised then that it wasn't about him. He was more frightened about what would have happened to his family in the car. He realised he had a responsibility to not only them, but to everybody else."

Leroy believes that educating people is key in our battle to eliminate racism.

"I once did a talk and a lady came up to me and said, 'you're a really lovely coloured chap'. I told her that I prefer to be called black. Nobody had ever told her about any of this and she explained that she didn't like the word black because when she was growing up, black was an awful word.

"You had black and white minstrels, you had black Monday etcetera. I explained to her why it was actually a positive word but no one had ever had that conversation with her. The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes people label other people as being racist, but sometimes it's a lack of education.

"You can still turn that around. Some are just racist and you cannot waste your time with those people. I want to focus on the people that might be ignorant, might read the wrong newspapers, might get the wrong messages and when you challenge them, they're open to listening.

"That's what I found at a lot of football clubs in all honesty."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/Leroy-Rosenior-Dealing-With-Racism-As-A-Footballer/

WhiteJC

How can I watch Sheffield United v Fulham? Who is the ref? What are the latest odds? Early team news
Sheffield United return to Premier League action after the international break when they welcome Fulham to Bramall Lane on Sunday – and here's everything you need to know ahead of the clash:

Chris Wilder's side will be looking to secure their first victory of the season against fellow winless Fulham at Bramall Lane on Sunday, October 18.

Kick-off is at noon.

Is Sheffield United v Fulham on TV? How can I follow it live?

Yes, Sheffield United v Fulham is on TV.

The game will be broadcast on BT Sport via its Box Office platform. Blades fans will have to fork out £14.95 to watch the match.

But don't forget, The Star will also be running a comprehensive live blog with team news, live updates, reaction and analysis from James Shield - who will be one of a handful of people allowed access to the game.

Is there any injury news? Who is in the teams?

United look set to be without defender John Egan, who is reportedly self-isolating after coming into close contact with an unnamed Republic of Ireland player who has tested positive for Covid-19.

The defender is currently away on international duty with his country and was stood down from Sunday's 0-0 Nations League draw with Wales.

Blades boss Wilder will be sweating on the fitness of striker David McGoldrick after he returned from international duty with Ireland suffering from an abductor injury and midfielder John Fleck, who came off with an injury during Scotland's Nations League 1-0 win over Slovakia on Sunday.

Forward Oliver Burke is also nursing an unspecified injury which saw him withdraw from the Scotland squad last week.

Jack O'Connell will be unavailable for selection for the majority of the season as he recovers from a knee operation which he underwent last month.

Record signing Rhian Brewster is expected to feature, while defender Max Lowe could be in line for a first league start since his summer move from Derby County.

Striker Lys Mousset is still expected to be missing as he continues his recovery after having surgery on a 'rare injury' to a ligament under his toe he suffered in pre-season.

As for Fulham, manager Scott Parker could hand debuts to new recruits Joachim Andersen, Tosin Adarabioyo and Ruben Loftus-Cheek as the newly-promoted Cottagers, like United, look to register their first points of the campaign.

On the injury front, the visitors were without right-back Kenny Tete with a calf injury for the 1-0 defeat at Wolverhampton Wanderers last time out. Midfielders Mario Lemina and Harrison Reed also missed the game at Molineux.

Who is the referee?

Andre Marriner will referee the game, with Simon Long and Eddie Smart his assistants.

Michael Salisbury is the fourth official, while Martin Atkinson will be on VAR duty.

What are the odds?

Sky Bet is offering the following odds on the game:

Sheffield United - 21/20

Draw – 23/10

Fulham - 11/4

Are any tickets available?

No. All Premier League games are currently being played behind closed doors due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/how-can-i-watch-sheffield-united-v-fulham-who-ref-what-are-latest-odds-early-team-news-3001585

WhiteJC

Queens Park Rangers plot high-profile swoop from London rivals

Queens Park Rangers are hoping to sign Fulham centre-back Michael Hector on loan before Friday's deadline.

The defender starred as Scott Parker's side won promotion from the Championship last season, playing 23 games from January and his performances at the back were key to their success.

However, he has endured a tough opening few weeks in the Premier League, as he started the first three league games that the Cottagers lost against Arsenal, Leeds and Aston Villa, where they conceded ten goals in the process.

As a result, he was dropped for the defeat at Wolves last time out and Fulham have since signed Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo, meaning Hector's game time is likely to be limited moving forward.

Therefore, a move could be on the cards and The Athletic reporter Daniel Taylor has revealed that Mark Warburton wants to bring the 28-year-old across the capital.

The R's have until 5pm on Friday to finalise this deal and if it all goes through then Hector could make his debut at Bournemouth this weekend.

The verdict

This would be an outstanding bit of business for QPR as Hector was brilliant for Fulham at this level last season and you could argue his introduction to the team made the big difference in their promotion push.

He is physically strong, capable defensively and calm on the ball, so it would be a real coup for the club.

So, you can imagine they will be desperate to get this sorted and Hector, who may feel harshly treated by Fulham considering he has only had three bad games, knows he needs to leave for first-team football.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/queens-park-rangers-plot-high-profile-swoop-from-london-rivals/

WhiteJC

QPR set sights on ex-Sheffield Wednesday centre-back from Fulham

QPR are interested in Fulham defender Michael Hector, according to The Athletic journalist Daniel Taylor on Twitter (see tweet below).

The Hoops want to bring in another centre-back before the end of the transfer window and want to take the Jamaica international on loan.

Hector, who is 28 years old, only joined Fulham in January and helped Scott Parker's side gain promotion to the Premier League last season. However, he has endured a tough start to life back in the top flight and could be set to drop back into the Championship.

He impressed on loan at Sheffield Wednesday from Chelsea in the 2018/19 season which earned him a permanent move to Craven Cottage. He made 39 appearances for the Owls and QPR would be hoping he rekindles his form from then if they are able to land him.

Hector had spells as a youngster at Thurrock and Millwall before joining Reading. He went onto make 63 appearances for the Royals and also had loan spells away at Dundalk, Barnet, Aldershot Town and Aberdeen, amongst others.

Chelsea signed him in September 2015 in a surprise move but he never made a first-team appearance for the Premier League giants. Instead, Hector had loan spells away at Reading, Eintracht Frankfurt, Hull City and Wednesday.

https://the72.co.uk/196576/qpr-set-sights-on-ex-sheffield-wednesday-centre-back-from-fulham/

WhiteJC

Terence Kongolo undergoing Fulham medical after deal is agreed

Terence Kongolo is undergoing a medical with Fulham after they reached a suitable transfer agreement with Huddersfield Town, Football Insider reports.

The Cottagers signed two new centre-backs in Tosin Adarabioyo and Joachim Andersen (on loan) before the international transfer deadline and they are now set to bolster the department further.

Earlier yesterday, it was revealed that Steve Parker's side had jumped ahead of Sheffield United in the pursuit of Kongolo and they were in advanced negotiations with the Terriers for his services.

It is now reported that the Dutchman is undergoing a medical with the club after they agreed to pay a fee of £3m to sign him on a permanent basis from the Championship outfit.

Kongolo spent time with the Cottagers on loan during the backend of the previous season, but his campaign was curtailed after just two appearances due to a foot injury.

He has not played any part for the Terriers this term due to the same problem, but manager Carlos Corberan recently acknowledged that he could be on the move.

Kongolo can be regarded as a bargain signing for the Cottagers at £3m, given he was signed by the Terriers for £18m from AS Monaco a couple of years ago.

The 26-year-old is primarily a central defender, but he is also an useful option on the left side of the backline, where he has regularly played in the past.

Stats from Transfermarkt.com

https://sportslens.com/terence-kongolo-undergoing-fulham-medical-after-deal-is-agreed/318223/

WhiteJC

Fulham Looking To Re-Sign Versatile Defensive Ace: A Wise Move By The Club?

Fulham are reportedly interested in bringing back Terence Kongolo to Craven Cottage before the domestic transfer window closes. The 26-year-old defender spent the second half of last season on loan with the Cottagers, but played just one league game as he was ruled out of the season with an injury.

As per Football Insider, the Premier League side are in "advanced talks" to sign the Huddersfield defender, and have been negotiating for a month to secure the signing of the Dutchman. Kongolo moved to Huddersfield from AS Monaco in 2018 for a fee of around £18 million.

The defender has made 60 appearances for Huddersfield since signing for them in 2018. He has two years remaining on his current contract at the club.

Terence Kongolo to Fulham – A good move by the club?
Kongolo is a strong and physical defender, who likes to tackle aggressively, is quick, and is a leader at the back. These are qualities that have been missing in this current Fulham team.

He is also good with the ball at his feet and can bring it out from defence, and create chances from the back with his passing.

The Dutchman is a versatile player as well, who can play at centre-back and left-back as well. Kongolo, who is a left-footed player, could form a good partnership with Andersen at the back, and help Fulham be stronger and more organised defensively.

Fulham have had a terrible start to the Premier League season, and in the eyes of many, are destined to be relegated, just like they did in the 2018-19 Premier League season. Their defence has been a big problem this season as they have conceded 11 goals in their opening four Premier League games.

They have tried to remedy this situation by signing a few central defenders in the transfer window, bringing in Joachim Andersen from Lyon and Tosin Adarabioyo from Manchester City, both on loan. But neither defender has Premier League experience, with the latter having played only in the Championship, and the former playing in Ligue 1.

Andersen, though, has more continental experience, having played in the Lyon team that reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season. But, the Cottagers need more defenders, which is why their interest in Terence Kongolo makes sense.

https://madaboutepl.net/2020/10/terence-kongolo-to-fulham-transfer-news/

RaySmith

have sympathy for Hector if he's on his way out, after being such a hero for us.

Though obviously a desperate time for us, after our terrible  start defensively to the season, and  we  now have  managed to, hopefully,   strengthen, with  cb's brought in,  and maybe another one, with Kongolo.

Maybe a good move for Hector, though.

AJW48361

Be very surprised if Hector left he needs time in the Premier League to prove he can hack it.

RaySmith

Depends though if he's going to get game time.

But seems a pity, since he's ben so good for us, if he  suddenly isn't up to the Prem - a confidence issue? - but now we have all these new cb's.

I hope stays, and proves himself with us - I'm just responding to the reports here.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: whitejc on October 13, 2020, 12:39:59 PM
Fulham New Boy Jordan Aina Says Goodbye To Chelsea After Eleven Years At The

Jordan Aina has taken to social media to say goodbye to everyone associated with Chelsea after eleven years at the club.

The versatile fullback completed a transfer to Fulham before the close of the transfer window following a successful trial and he has now confirmed his departure from The Blues.

Aina had to move on to pastures new because he was not offered a fresh deal by Chelsea following the end of his scholarship.

The 2001-born defender officially joined Chelsea at U9 level after progressing through the development center programme.

Writing on Instagram, Jordan Aina said : "Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to @chelseafc for the amazing years I've spent at the club.

"To all the staff and coaches I appreciate what you've done for me as a player and I'll always be grateful. I've played with amazing players/friends and it was a pleasure.

"It's been a long 11 years but it's now time for me to say my goodbyes".

The post drew reactions from several former and current Chelsea Academy players of Nigerian descent including his brother Ola Aina, ex-Nigeria U17 invitee Prince Adegoke, Faustino Anjorin, Tariq Uwakwe, Michael Olise and Daniel Jinadu.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37690

Silly boy doesn't know his Aina from his elbow...

Mickeyboro

Quote from: RaySmith on October 14, 2020, 02:29:22 AM
Depends though if he's going to get game time.

But seems a pity, since he's ben so good for us, if he  suddenly isn't up to the Prem - a confidence issue? - but now we have all these new cb's.

I hope stays, and proves himself with us - I'm just responding to the reports here.

Another Mawson?

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks over £3m deal for Huddersfield defender Terence Kongolo who failed a Sheffield United medical earlier this summer after loan spell at Craven Cottage this year

Fulham want to bring in Huddersfield's Terence Kongolo for defensive stability
    The Holland international defender could be available for just £3million
    Kongolo was on loan at Fulham last year and failed a medical at Sheffield United

Fulham are in talks over a deal for Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo.

The 26-year old saw a proposed move to Sheffield United break down owing to concerns over his medical.

The defender broke a bone in his foot while on loan at Fulham early in the year and it required metal work being inserted.

Fulham are keen to bring in centre-back Terence Kongolo, who was on loan at them last season

The 26-year-old is available for £3million, having joined Huddersfield Town for £18m in 2018

That had to be removed before he could play again and Sheffield United were unsure about taking a chance on the Dutchman's fitness.

Fulham are now exploring a deal and will conduct their own medical examination before deciding whether to push through a deal before Friday's deadline.

The fee is understood to be around £3million for the Holland international who signed for Huddersfield in 2018 for £18m.

Kongolo was set to join Sheffield United earlier this summer but failed a Blades medical

Overall, Kongolo - who can also play at left-back - has made 60 appearances in all competitions for the Terriers, scoring once.

Nottingham Forest have been rebuffed in a loan bid for Fulham winger Anthony Knockaert.

The winger moved to Craven Cottage on a season-long loan just over a year ago, before the west Londoners made the deal permanent earlier this summer for a £15million plus add-ons.

Fulham have rejected a loan bid from Nottingham Forest for £15m man Anthony Knockaert

While the regular transfer window ended on October 5, English sides have until Friday to complete any transfers made between domestic clubs.

Top-flight sides then have until Tuesday October 20 to register their 25-man squads which will carry them until the January transfer window. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8837007/Fulham-talks-3million-deal-Huddersfield-defender-Terence-Kongolo.html

WhiteJC

THE SEAN DAVIS COLUMN

It was a much better performance from the lads away at Wolves just before the international break. Even though we lost the game, they can definitely take confidence out of it. There wasn't really much in the game, we just got punished when a half chance fell Wolves' way, which is the nature of the Premier League. The ball ricocheted to Pedro Neto and he managed to finish it well, but there are plenty of positives for Scott to take. His boys worked hard, had some dangerous moments going forward, and I thought Ademola Lookman looked sharp when he came on. And obviously last week we saw three new signings come in, so hopefully they can hit the ground running.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen a great deal of the defenders we've brought in, but I know Joachim Andersen is very highly regarded and Tosin Adarabioyo has had two very strong seasons in the Championship. Centre-back was a position where we were maybe a little bit light so it's great to get those guys through the door to create some more strength in depth at the back.

The signing of Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a massive coup. He had been unlucky with injury so might feel like he's got a point to prove, and that can only be a good thing for us. He's got a great physique, he gets around the pitch very well, it's just about getting that game time in him. Ruben is a quality player, and just having him at Motspur Park will raise the bar in training. When you bring in a footballer of that class, those around him will want to try and raise their game. I'm sure when the Club found out he was available it was a no brainer to go and get him. Hopefully it will be a win-win-win situation. Ruben will get regular football (and won't even have to move home!) and maybe get back in the England setup, Chelsea will get a more confident player back, and we've got an established Premier League performer in our ranks now.

Sunday is a big one against Sheffield United. Like us, they're yet to get off the mark, so they'll be looking at it as a must-win game. But we just need to go there and play our game, be up for the battle. They're a very organised, workmanlike side who had a great season last year. They haven't started as well this time around but, as we know, there's so much football still to be played. We can head to Bramall Lane with confidence after our last performance, and hopefully we'll come away with a result to get things rolling.

It's Black History Month at the moment which is a great opportunity to celebrate the achievements of black footballers, but the fact that racism still exists in the game is just embarrassing. It was never acceptable, but it's 2020 now and we're still fighting it, which is ridiculous. You do still see so many examples of racism on social media which, as I said, is just embarrassing.

Players have been taking the knee before kick-off in matches to support the Black Lives Matter movement, and that's not saying that black lives are more important, we just want everyone to be treated equally. It's actually sad that we need to do this, as in an ideal world it would be a level playing field for all. As a white player, it's not for me to say whether things have got better, but I do know a lot of black ex-teammates of mine have been put off going for coaching jobs because they don't think they're going to get it. That's just not right.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/october/The-Sean-Davis-Column/

bog

I would like to see Hector alongside one of the new players. 

filham

If Huddersfield are letting a premier league quality centre back they paid £18m for come to us for £3m there has to be some sort of catch.

Bassey the warrior

I hope we don't loan out Hector, I think he will improve. I'd like to see Ream and one of Odoi or MLM leave. That's assuming Kongolo goes through, otherwise just one of them to go.

Jim©

Ream has been our best CB this season in my mind. Hector has had a torrid time since lockdown ended- bar one tackle v Cardiff he's looked terrible. MLM for me if one had to go (though he was OK v Wolves) as Dennis' quality is that he can back up anywhere across the back 4 (though he's been playing poorly too- Leeds & Villa spring to mind).

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on October 14, 2020, 11:14:04 AM
Ream has been our best CB this season in my mind. Hector has had a torrid time since lockdown ended- bar one tackle v Cardiff he's looked terrible. MLM for me if one had to go (though he was OK v Wolves) as Dennis' quality is that he can back up anywhere across the back 4 (though he's been playing poorly too- Leeds & Villa spring to mind).

Ream is at the top of his game, but Hector can reach a higher level. Ream is still making mistakes though. I think Hector is the better one to keep, particularly given the new arrivals that will hopefully push him to work harder to regain his spot.

MLM looked okay vs Wolves and in the Cup games. If we get Kongolo I don't mind him going but out of Ream, Odoi and MLM I would let the other two go first.

bencher

I think Hector is the new Cav or Knoc. Good at first for a few months and then basically nothing special. No idea what the cause is. But in the PL so far Hector has been at fault (when playing) for most of our goals. Even if he wasn't solely at fault. For example, in the Leeds game he was at fault for the 1st, 3rd and 4th Leeds goals. He didn't get to the header on the 1st goal. He gave Bamford too much room allowing the simple through ball to him. And then he was nowhere near the play when Bamford pulled it back to Costa for the winner. He was basically jogging back towards the penalty area and of no use. His big weakness is a lack of pace. He seems to be trying to make up for it by going in for tackles high up the pitch but is getting beaten too easily and is then miles out of position.

I'll be surprised if he gets back into the team anytime soon.