more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anderson has done his ankle in training

Started by Deeping_white, October 16, 2020, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Lyle from Hangeland

Stop whining and support whoever plays. Sucks, but this is the real world. Embrace it.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: davew on October 16, 2020, 02:39:45 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on October 16, 2020, 02:32:22 PM
Quote from: davew on October 16, 2020, 02:22:48 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 16, 2020, 02:19:27 PM
Season over for me. Kongolo has no match fitness whatsoever so he will take time. It's just not meant to be this season unfortunately
It never was!! We are back on track for conceding the most goals in a season then, unless WBA beat us.
I cant wait for us to turn this around. I will be letting you know when we do as much as you pop up when the news is bad.

We'll turn this around. I'm sure and I'llk be joyous.

Dont worry, we will lose games and that will enable you to roll out your defeatist waffle
If we avoid relegation I too will be joyous, the latest injury news doesn't help though, does it? Could have been worse though, imagine if it had been Mitro, plan B to replace him is??????
Don't speak too soon... a Mitro injury is still very possible

bog

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 16, 2020, 01:28:07 PM
Quote from: bog on October 16, 2020, 01:23:54 PM
Where do you hear this?

From Parker himself in pre match press conference

What a b*****!!!! Don't it get on your nerves.  :031:

092.gif

Huxley

WindyCity

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 16, 2020, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: davew on October 16, 2020, 02:39:45 PM
Dave I personally would have rathered it was Mitrovic. We have shown we can win without him. We can't win if we conceed 3 a game. Literally the worst player it could have happened to for us

Yep, this.   Well, we all knew we would be in for a survival fight all season long.  I guess this just makes the mountain a bit higher.  Bummer!

Bassey the warrior

Was he wearing Mawson's boots when he did his ankle in? Our luck really has been rotten in the Premier League.

horse1031

is it a high ankle sprain or low?  if it is a high ankle sprain then he could be out awhile.  The other one could be 3 weeks which wouldnt be the end of the world i guess.  high ankle sprain would be atleast 4-5

toshes mate

Injuries happen and it serves nobody to try to apportion blame. 

We have been set an obstacle course to negotiate and no matter how difficult each obstruction may seem to be they can be got around.   We do not need to be looking for good luck at every turn and we need to meet challenges as they appear.  We need to average a little more than one point per game meaning wins in the next two will get us back close to target.  We may achieve that, we may not, but giving up hope after a handful of games?  No way.   

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on October 16, 2020, 02:29:01 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on October 16, 2020, 01:30:23 PM
If this is true it does raise the eyebrows that once again we get a player in that doesn't make it to the first match in one piece.

I do think we are a bit of a soft touch for getting in frail players.

I suspect ream and odoi will be center backs for weeks to come.

"Frail players"?

Not sure if you are leasing the conversation that way, but I hope this doesn't bring out the anti-khan brigade who will use this as a stick to beat him with.

This guy is a lad of 24. No injuries before, bought by Sampdoria and Lyon and is Denmarks most expensive ever player.

We've just been hit by awful bad luck. Gutted.

I hope it gives the others the kick to step up

I hope it does too.
TK has a track record. It may be bad luck and from your description of anderson i hope wo. And kongolo may have been too. But mawson and mitroglu were both unforgiveable errors of judgement by our club and it is the same team effectively.

I am not and never have been anti TK. I am anti his lack of experience and lack of professionalism. It does us no good to dress that up. He really does need to step aside. The lack of a forward being signed will come to haunt us. Getting so many centre backs whilst keeping the current ones too is very questionable. I am really not impressed by him as you know.

Benifit of the doubt where anderson is concerned if it allcworks out on his return and if kongolo is actually fit too. But my eyebrows are raised....

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: toshes mate on October 17, 2020, 09:07:37 AM
Injuries happen and it serves nobody to try to apportion blame. 

We have been set an obstacle course to negotiate and no matter how difficult each obstruction may seem to be they can be got around.   We do not need to be looking for good luck at every turn and we need to meet challenges as they appear.  We need to average a little more than one point per game meaning wins in the next two will get us back close to target.  We may achieve that, we may not, but giving up hope after a handful of games?  No way.   

Yes agree with this post. Our supposedly inferior defenders played well against Wolves - everyone is capable of upping their game. Injuries will happen - it's not the end of the world

spikey norman

With Parker saying Anderson out for forseeable future suggests it is a bad ligament injury.
I had a bad tear many years ago playing football and was out for 6 months.

Hopefully Anderson won't be out that long especially with modern day treatment.
My injury was back in the mid 1970's and ankle still weak today.

General

Quote from: spikey norman on October 17, 2020, 09:46:39 AM
With Parker saying Anderson out for forseeable future suggests it is a bad ligament injury.
I had a bad tear many years ago playing football and was out for 6 months.

Hopefully Anderson won't be out that long especially with modern day treatment.
My injury was back in the mid 1970's and ankle still weak today.

He also said he'd be out for some weeks... ligament damage can be between 2-4 weeks up to 6 months.. if he was out for 6 months he'd be out for the season pretty much. So whilst he's out one would assume he'll be back sooner than that. Squad numbers will tell us how bad it is as they're coming out soon and valid until January 1st - 2 and 1/2 months away. He's our first choice CB as things stand so if there's a chance he'll be back for December where a lot of points are up for grabs then he'll be given a number.

Kongolo said in his official interview he's hoping to be back in a couple of weeks. So two weeks without him.

Good thing is that parker will feel Kongolo knows the squad and the way he manages so may chuck him in straight away.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: blingo on October 16, 2020, 03:11:13 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 16, 2020, 01:54:02 PM
Quote from: gang on October 16, 2020, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 16, 2020, 01:46:30 PM
Jesus christ

He didn't have a lot of luck with foot injuries either.

He was still dangerous at corners though. Could get up for the cross

You nailed that lol

Top tier back and forth lads. Thanks

General

Just seen a video of him doing walking excersises in a pool within the last 24hrs and also a photo of him out walking around London. Didn't look in pain and from video looked like movement was pretty fluid..

If it was bad presumably he would not be doing those things already?

spikey norman

Quote from: General on October 17, 2020, 06:22:50 PM
Just seen a video of him doing walking excersises in a pool within the last 24hrs and also a photo of him out walking around London. Didn't look in pain and from video looked like movement was pretty fluid..

If it was bad presumably he would not be doing those things already?
That sounds positive and hopefully back soon

General

Was on his instagram and his partners if you have it and want to see yourself. I would have thought if it was really bad he'd be in crutches or putting his feet up to rest it - if it was particularly poorly strained ligaments.

Maybe he's not going to be out that long? Parker did say some weeks. Both the video and photo were posted today too.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 16, 2020, 04:23:38 PM
Stop whining and support whoever plays. Sucks, but this is the real world. Embrace it.

Agree.

Gotta work with the hand you're dealt.    I'm ready for the next game.   Don't care who our CB pairing is, we need 3 points.    If we concede, we better score one more than the competition.

Let's all remember Alfie Mawson and lower some of our expectations for a new CB.    Him missing a few games shouldn't stop us from gaining points.

WestSussexWhite

Hopefully these are good signs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end