watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anderson has done his ankle in training

Started by Deeping_white, October 16, 2020, 01:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

really good news; he would not be walking if he seriously did his ligaments a few days ago.

ankles are funny things though, so don't expect him back until after the next international break imo

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: LRCN on October 18, 2020, 12:21:06 AM
really good news; he would not be walking if he seriously did his ligaments a few days ago.

ankles are funny things though, so don't expect him back until after the next international break imo

No I agree: but I'll take that, especially as he could've been out for months and months

Slaphead in Qatar

And he looks happy in the pictures - hopefully he'll be back very soon.

SG

Having done my ankle ligaments playing football there is no way I could have walked around like that a couple of days later. Hopefully not as bad as we all feared

General

Quote from: SG on October 18, 2020, 09:51:57 AM
Having done my ankle ligaments playing football there is no way I could have walked around like that a couple of days later. Hopefully not as bad as we all feared

How long were you out for when you did your ankle ligaments?

Would be interesting to have some perspective against Andersen and his ability to walk now.

WestSussexWhite

If it was that severe he would have some sort of protective boot on you'd imagine?

Riversider

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 18, 2020, 10:02:24 AM
If it was that severe he would have some sort of protective boot on you'd imagine?

If it was as severe as Parker first suggested he would certainly not be able to walk without the use of crutches,
Parker led us to believe (with all good faith) that it would be months until he returns, in reality it looks more like weeks.

General

Quote from: Riversider on October 18, 2020, 10:38:29 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 18, 2020, 10:02:24 AM

If it was as severe as Parker first suggested he would certainly not be able to walk without the use of crutches,
Parker led us to believe (with all good faith) that it would be months until he returns, in reality it looks more like weeks.

Pretty sure a direct quote from parker was that he'd be out for "some weeks"... never indicated months as a specific time frame.

He seemed gutted and we were too which may have added to the use of months but if andersen is walking already it's less likely to be months now.

General

Video on Andersen's instagram of him cycling on fitness bike. Think it may be 2-3 weeks from now, hopefully max.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on October 23, 2020, 12:23:36 AM
Video on Andersen's instagram of him cycling on fitness bike. Think it may be 2-3 weeks from now, hopefully max.
thats great news, hope we don't rush him though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SG

Quote from: General on October 18, 2020, 10:00:57 AM
Quote from: SG on October 18, 2020, 09:51:57 AM

How long were you out for when you did your ankle ligaments?

Would be interesting to have some perspective against Andersen and his ability to walk now.

I was out for 8 weeks but i didn't receive any treatment other than strap it up, ice it and rest. I suspect he will be receiving more comprehensive treatment than I did

WestSussexWhite

Andersen just put this on his Instagram. Fingers crossed this is positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bencher

When he is fit, who does he replace? Ream or Tosin? And what of Kongolo? My preference would be (until Kongolo is fit) for him to replace Ream but he's not a left-footer so it's not certainty. Once Kongolo is fit, I have no idea.

grandad

When all 3 are fit maybe a 3 at the back playing a 5-3-2.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Basically what we used to  call a sprained ankle - can  differ a lot in severity, and some  people heal quicker than others, but these injuries can hang on, and  have to make sure he's right before risking the player.

But it  looks like good news though - that he'll return sooner than expected.

west kowloon white

WestSussexWhite

Parker has said today that Andersen is back in training today

bencher

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 29, 2020, 12:51:14 PM

Excellent news. I presume Monday is too soon for him though...

rebel

Magath is doing all his healing over 'Zoom', a bottle of wine and a wedge of Camembert, no refunds.

WestSussexWhite

081.gif is
Quote from: bencher on October 29, 2020, 01:12:53 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 29, 2020, 12:51:14 PM

Excellent news. I presume Monday is too soon for him though...

Parker said they would make a decision about Monday on due course, it all depends on how he comes through these few days