https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey Elliott

Started by Offset, October 16, 2020, 03:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offset

To Blackburn? back in the championship

Fernhurst

Warning: There will be trouble ahead, with consequence of disgraceful return to Liverpool.
His last dilitry appearance in the League Cup for Liverpool resulted in him getting substituted and now this.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Sgt Fulham

Everything I have seen suggests that this guy is a bad egg. He may mature but until he does so I wish him no well. Good luck Blackburn...

bigalffc

Have we actually had a fee for him yet?
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bog

An attitude problem? Not long ago he was on the edge of the first 11 now off to Blackburn? Another Ravel Morrison?  :022:

092.gif

copthornemike

So have poor Liverpool received a loan fee before paying a single penny in compensation?

filham

I always regret seeing our young players leave but in this case I am begining to think it may have been good for the club. Just wish we could get a few million from Liverpool.

Syd Cupp

I think it's crazy how a player can be loaned out when in all honesty hes not been paid for.

Finnans Right Peg

Won't last the season there Mowbry will not put up with him

grandad

He should not have been allowed to be loaned out as there is still the matter of compensation due to us. I hope the Club will take this to the FA & EPL.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: grandad on October 16, 2020, 10:08:18 PM
He should not have been allowed to be loaned out as there is still the matter of compensation due to us. I hope the Club will take this to the FA & EPL.

I'm not questioning your comment just wanted to be clear. Do you mean that you know that the rules don't allow such a loan or that in your view it's not fair that they can lend him out? If the former then I totally agree that the Club should pursue the matter.

grandad

Quote from: Twig on October 16, 2020, 10:59:56 PM

I'm not questioning your comment just wanted to be clear. Do you mean that you know that the rules don't allow such a loan or that in your view it's not fair that they can lend him out? If the former then I totally agree that the Club should pursue the matter.

I don´t know of any rules but even if he can be loaned out I feel it is grossly unfair if no compensation has been agreed. I would be even angrier if Blackburn paid a loan fee.
Where there's a will there's a wife

I Ronic

Quote from: grandad on October 16, 2020, 11:10:12 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 16, 2020, 10:59:56 PM

I don´t know of any rules but even if he can be loaned out I feel it is grossly unfair if no compensation has been agreed. I would be even angrier if Blackburn paid a loan fee.

I'm pretty sure if it was the other way round and we were loaning, there would be more of a fuss.

The Rational Fan

Harvey Elliott's compensation will be so small one day it will be a punchline in a joke, developing new players costs clubs £5-10m per year and unless you get five players per year as good as Harvey Elliott you won't break even. No Academy can produce even one Harvey Elliot per year. The EFL Rules for compensation means investing in British Youth is a total waste of money.

Oakeshott

"developing new players costs clubs £5-10m per year"

Those seem very high figures to me. Any publicly available source behind them?

rebel

We are pants at get the most monies for our 'nurtured' players, Dembele, Elliot etc. We should tie them down when they show promise, a bit like a release clause. There might be Rules saying you can't do this or do that. But the named would easily have returned £30m.

HamsterWheel

Not surprised he's been loaned out. Seems to spend all his time on Instagram showing off all the freebies he's been sent as a Liverpool player. That supply will dry up now!

Bill2

There are rules about age and signing of contracts. Dembele had reached that point and refused to sign when he got the age where they have to commit, think it is 18. He didn't and went to a non English club the compensation is fixed. No doubt Celtic offered him a fat signing on fee.

rebel

Quote from: Bill2 on October 17, 2020, 09:36:43 AM
There are rules about age and signing of contracts. Dembele had reached that point and refused to sign when he got the age where they have to commit, think it is 18. He didn't and went to a non English club the compensation is fixed. No doubt Celtic offered him a fat signing on fee.

I think we got £500,000, not great, when the cost of getting him to that level was millions.

hongkongfulham

There needs to be a flat % selling on fee on top of compensation to ensure there is some protection.
I.e. we would get 10/20% of Moussa/Elliots first transfer away from their new club, % based on years spent with developing club or something. If we were to sell Stansfield I wouldn't begrudge Exeter getting their share.

Agree with sentiment above that there should be better incentives in place for clubs to develop local talent.