watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey Elliott

Started by Offset, October 16, 2020, 03:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Ronic

Your first team can bring financial success to your club by winning. Academies don't and there is no guaranteed way currently you can manage an Academy to run at break even, let alone a profit. What it does give you is an opportunity to develop talent. Not just on the field but off of it. Coaching  staff, for instance. That move up through the ranks within the club.. If a club is going to release players because they feel player A won't improve then it's only fair that player B be allowed to run his contract down if he (or his agent) feels he'll  do better at another club.
The only way I can see a club being rewarded for developing a player is the FA pay clubs a "reward" when young players reach a number of first team and national team appearances. Regardless of which club the player is at.
So as mentioned all clubs that had that player at whatever age are rewarded. It might make the difference between whether a club has an Academy or not.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 17, 2020, 08:20:26 AM
Harvey Elliott's compensation will be so small one day it will be a punchline in a joke, developing new players costs clubs £5-10m per year and unless you get five players per year as good as Harvey Elliott you won't break even. No Academy can produce even one Harvey Elliot per year. The EFL Rules for compensation means investing in British Youth is a total waste of money.

Interesting how high the cost is tbh. Where did this figure come from? Interested to see the breakdown for that, as given then Elliot therefore cost us ~7M a year to develop, I guess we need somewhere in the region of 10-15 million to break even on him?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Logicalman on October 17, 2020, 05:48:36 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 17, 2020, 08:20:26 AM
Harvey Elliott's compensation will be so small one day it will be a punchline in a joke, developing new players costs clubs £5-10m per year and unless you get five players per year as good as Harvey Elliott you won't break even. No Academy can produce even one Harvey Elliot per year. The EFL Rules for compensation means investing in British Youth is a total waste of money.

Is that a per annum figure? It seems high given the infrastructure is already in place and we likely own the property. Not having a dig just interested

Interesting how high the cost is tbh. Where did this figure come from? Interested to see the breakdown for that, as given then Elliot therefore cost us ~7M a year to develop, I guess we need somewhere in the region of 10-15 million to break even on him?

Mince n Tatties

I backed Forest at 5/2 to beat them.🤗
New manager syndrome,nearly always works.

Logicalman

Here's a good link for how some academy's are run and what the youth experience can be like.
https://playerscout.co.uk/football-academies/do-academy-players-get-paid/

Note the following quote regarding how many academy players make it t the pro leagues successfully:
"For all the boys joining a pro academy at 9 years old, 0.5% will make even a career out of football.
Thats the players already in a pro academy. Now if you take the 1.5 million youth players currently playing in England, only 180 will develop and play in the Premier League.
That is a 0.012% chance of making it.
Michael Calvin author of the book "No Hunger in Paradise: The Players. The Journey. The Dream," says this is about the same chance of being hit by a meteor.
"

and the note about Klopp restricting all Academy players 17 years old in their first year of a pro contract to a cap of 40K per year, and yeah, Elliot get the mention.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.