more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed Squad 20/21

Started by MrFFC, October 16, 2020, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

when do the 25 have to be submitted?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

ok ive found it. squads have to be submitted by the 20th

Bassey the warrior

Seri is one of our highest earners, wouldn't be wise to leave him out. If he wants a move he will be incentivised to put in a performance.

F(f)CUK

A big thing was made of not ripping apart the team spirit this time round and keeping the heart of the team. Who apart from Mitrovic is guaranteed to start this year? The big difference does not appear to be numbers but the amount spent.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 17, 2020, 09:58:45 AM
Seri is one of our highest earners, wouldn't be wise to leave him out. If he wants a move he will be incentivised to put in a performance.
money will have zero factor on who gets a spot, they get paid regardless, it will be down to who can help the team the most, and i just dont see seri getting any game time. who would you drop for him

We Are Premier League

Quote from: rebel on October 17, 2020, 08:24:08 AM
Fabri, McDonald, Johansen and Ream.

Think we might end up keeping all the CBs until Jan, especially if we are planning a back three.

Kongolo and Andersen are currently not fit but will be in squad. Adi hasn't played any games for 3-4 months so he might need a few weeks to get back up to speed...

That only leave the old faithful crew of Hector, Ream, MLM, and Odoi.

Another plus for Odoi is the he is our only RWB cover until Tete is back.

Therefore, I think 3 CMs will go instead. As we are only 11 weeks away the next window we will probably go for an u20 as third gk and hope that we can get someone to pay part of fabris wages.

Mullers OG

Fabri, SJ, McDonald, Kamara.

filham

We really should have ensured some of that list were off the wage bill.
I think we can best do without Le Marchand, K. Mac (hurts me to say that), Seri, and Cav.
What on earth now happens to those four, we can't even give them any exposure ready to sell in January.

Statto

Surely being lumbered with so many extra players has to be considered another fairly big cock-up by TK

I'd have some sympathy if we'd undertaken a huge overhaul and totally upgraded the team, but the upgrades have pretty mild really.

I'd add Knockaert to the 4-5 players mentioned above - players who are realistically never going to play for Fulham again.

Successfully finding homes for unwanted players is another difference between an experienced DoF executing a proper transfer strategy, and some part-time novice playing real life Championship Manager.

HV71

Quote from: Statto on October 17, 2020, 10:21:36 AM
Surely being lumbered with so many extra players has to be considered another fairly big cock-up by TK

I'd have some sympathy if we'd undertaken a huge overhaul and totally upgraded the team, but the upgrades have pretty mild really.

I'd add Knockaert to the 4-5 players mentioned above - players who are realistically never going to play for Fulham again.

Successfully finding homes for unwanted players is another difference between an experienced DoF executing a proper transfer strategy, and some part-time novice playing real life Championship Manager.

+1

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on October 17, 2020, 10:48:31 AM

+1

0001.jpeg
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Herbie

I doubt that we are the only club who have more than 25 first team players (over the age of 23) who are still in the building come 20th October. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Mullers OG on October 17, 2020, 10:09:46 AM
Fabri, SJ, McDonald, Kamara.
is that who you think he will drop or who you want to be dropped, as theres no way he will drop our only other striker

Statto

Quote from: Herbie on October 17, 2020, 11:17:56 AM
I doubt that we are the only club who have more than 25 first team players (over the age of 23) who are still in the building come 20th October. 

But how many of our peer clubs (so Burnley, Sheffield Utd et al rather than Man City and Spurs) will be paying £100k-£200k per week to players who aren't even eligible to play?

bobby01

If we go with 2 keepers, can we get Betts back from his loan if necessary. Or does it have a buy clause.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sarnian

Drop Fabri from the squad.  If one of the first choices gets injured Ashby Hammond can come in as backup and if both first choices are injured we can apply to get Fabri in as emergency cover.

sunburywhite

Might have to be 5 if you want to bring in Wellbeck
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

res

Knockaert is on loan to Nott F until 6/1/21 so doesn't come into the 25 squad number anyway.

Statto

Quote from: res on October 17, 2020, 01:37:10 PM
Knockaert is on loan to Nott F until 6/1/21 so doesn't come into the 25 squad number anyway.

Yeah that wasn't really my point. My point is we technically only signed him a few months ago for £10m+ and he's now a millstone around our neck who's realistically never going to player again. Besides the transfer fee, we're also on the hook for his wages for the second half of this season and maybe even beyond that (and we could potentially even still be making a contribution to them whilst he's at Forest).

HV71

Quote from: Statto on October 17, 2020, 01:57:30 PM
Quote from: res on October 17, 2020, 01:37:10 PM

Yeah that wasn't really my point. My point is we technically only signed him a few months ago for £10m+ and he's now a millstone around our neck who's realistically never going to player again. Besides the transfer fee, we're also on the hook for his wages for the second half of this season and maybe even beyond that (and we could potentially even still be making a contribution to them whilst he's at Forest).

Absolutely spot on - and no good us getting worked up about any money for Harvey Elliot when we waste it like this