more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confirmed Squad 20/21

Started by MrFFC, October 16, 2020, 10:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Statto on October 17, 2020, 10:21:36 AM
Surely being lumbered with so many extra players has to be considered another fairly big cock-up by TK

I'd have some sympathy if we'd undertaken a huge overhaul and totally upgraded the team, but the upgrades have pretty mild really.

I'd add Knockaert to the 4-5 players mentioned above - players who are realistically never going to play for Fulham again.

Successfully finding homes for unwanted players is another difference between an experienced DoF executing a proper transfer strategy, and some part-time novice playing real life Championship Manager.

Subject to the caveat concerning Knock's loan I completely agree.  Regardless of precisely who is excluded from the squad the wage bill for those players will be eye watering.

General

Quote from: F(f)CUK on October 17, 2020, 10:01:56 AM
A big thing was made of not ripping apart the team spirit this time round and keeping the heart of the team. Who apart from Mitrovic is guaranteed to start this year? The big difference does not appear to be numbers but the amount spent.

You're right it has been said and there don't seem to be a lot who are now guaranteed to start.

That said, there are a lot of players you could argue could interchange when fitness is poor, you need to change things up or someone has an injury.

Cairney actually looked quite good a bit deeper and alongside Anguissa. Reed could well play a role. Reid has played most games. Up front the two who are guarantees are Lookman and Mitro, if you want to start RLC up that high, he could possibly play on the right, but if not, then you've got Cav, Kebano, Reid or Kamara fighting over one slot.

In Defence, Bryan and Robinson are both competent and interchangable, Kongolo and Tosin and Hector are our foundation for the future as things stand. Ream and Odoi aren't capable at this level and are also getting old. I'd look to move them on in January so they get one more contract and we freshen up the squad and wage bill.

Herbie

Quote from: Statto on October 17, 2020, 11:41:37 AM
But how many of our peer clubs (so Burnley, Sheffield Utd et al rather than Man City and Spurs) will be paying £100k-£200k per week to players who aren't even eligible to play?

I take your point, but I'd rather it was this way round than the alternative of us only having, say, 22 senior first team players and having to rush the academy players in when injuries hit.. 

Tabby

There has to be a CB cut at the least. Currently have Hector, Ream, MLM, Tosin, Kongolo, Andersen and Odoi covering, which is a bit overkill.

Out of them the one I'd expect Ream to be the one who'd have some interest for a possible transfer to the US. Still a couple of windows open across the world.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: General on October 17, 2020, 02:24:59 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on October 17, 2020, 10:01:56 AM
A big thing was made of not ripping apart the team spirit this time round and keeping the heart of the team. Who apart from Mitrovic is guaranteed to start this year? The big difference does not appear to be numbers but the amount spent.

You're right it has been said and there don't seem to be a lot who are now guaranteed to start.

That said, there are a lot of players you could argue could interchange when fitness is poor, you need to change things up or someone has an injury.

Cairney actually looked quite good a bit deeper and alongside Anguissa. Reed could well play a role. Reid has played most games. Up front the two who are guarantees are Lookman and Mitro, if you want to start RLC up that high, he could possibly play on the right, but if not, then you've got Cav, Kebano, Reid or Kamara fighting over one slot.

In Defence, Bryan and Robinson are both competent and interchangable, Kongolo and Tosin and Hector are our foundation for the future as things stand. Ream and Odoi aren't capable at this level and are also getting old. I'd look to move them on in January so they get one more contract and we freshen up the squad and wage bill.

Think this is a good round up. What a lottery this season will be

MrFFC

Have a feeling Ream starts today no way he being left out of the squad. Parker likes him
Come on you Whites!! :)