more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Be Brave Scott

Started by JimmyConway, October 17, 2020, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Start Tosin!

Inexperienced yes! but when it comes down to actually being able to defend is he really going to be any worse than what we've witnessed so far this season. He would need to be pretty average at worst?
Playing the normal suspects just leaves us open to another defeat in a game we need to take something from. Worried 3 or 4 of our current central defenders have the losing mentality and there poor defending continues to be highlighted as there confidence is shot to pieces which does not help the rest of the team knowing all their good work continuously goes to waste.
Horses for courses tomorrow they will send quality balls into dangerous areas so we will need no nonsense type defending which the two who played against Wolves are not what i would call very suitable against tomorrows opponents. Would argue the case for Hector to return especially if McBurnie plays.
Lose tomorrow with the normal suspects and it will be very difficult to pick the team up off the floor even after 5 games.

He has a couple more useful weapons with Lookman & RLC so i just hope he does not setup to negative as they will be quite nervous not having any points on the board yet and we don't want to just keep inviting them on to attack us.

There not the quickest in the middle so an area we need to boss and stamp authority early.

Been thinking all week we will get a positive result tomorrow just hope we are not beaten before the game starts with team selection.

sunburywhite

Scott will  have seen him in training so will have a good idea what he is like
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Agreed. Said on the 'team for tomorrow' thread my preferred CBs would be Hector and Tosin.

Those are probably our best two CBs on paper with Andersen out.

No point sticking with MLM/Ream for continuity - we know they're not good enough, and need two new CBs to learn to play together at some point, and the sooner the better.

Yes Hector has been poor, I agree with the decision to drop him, but hopefully the two weeks off having given him a chance to refresh and sharpen himself up mentally and physically.

Twig

I'm less sure. Tosin is inexperienced, certainly at this level and at the moment I don't think that is what Hector needs.  I would have been happy with Hector and Anderson, it might have steadied Hector.  Might be a case of 5 across the back again?
Statto I know it would give you the screaming whats its and I don't see it as a long term solution but if we decide play with 4 across the back then Hector & Ream would probably get my vote for now.  But it's a sad indictment of our bad luck and muddled recruitment "strategy" that we find ourselves in this position.

General

Weirdly, Tosin and MLM may get the nod for me. MLM has looked like a different player so far this season. Hector has gone from being mr dependable to not. Ream gets turned too easily and doesn't have pace, plus MLM is a left footer so a natural fit.

Our best three CBs when everyone is fit are Kongolo, Tosin (although this is a punchy statement) and Andersen.

Tosin --- Andersen --- Kongolo

Aina/Tete                                         Robinson/Bryan

If we get relegated, we at least have three permanent signings in Kongolo, Tosin and Hector who are all more than capable at that level.

Finnans Right Peg

I think that if he has showning enough in training he will get the nod because Parker doesn't care what we think and he is right just look at onomah many wrote him off including me and Scott stuck by him and he was excellent in the later part of the season .

The only thing I would say is that I didnt think our back 4 did a lot wrong in the Wolves Match so I can understand why he might stick with that

WindyCity

I think it's the players that need to be 'brave'......

bobby01

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 17, 2020, 04:05:29 PM
I think that if he has showning enough in training he will get the nod because Parker doesn't care what we think and he is right just look at onomah many wrote him off including me and Scott stuck by him and he was excellent in the later part of the season .

The only thing I would say is that I didnt think our back 4 did a lot wrong in the Wolves Match so I can understand why he might stick with that

Seriously onomah excellent?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Finnans Right Peg

Yes in the last few games of the season and playoff he was excellent but only in my opinion of course

hongkongfulham

Quote from: bobby01 on October 17, 2020, 04:36:36 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 17, 2020, 04:05:29 PM

Seriously onomah excellent?

He was pretty bloody good towards the end it has to be said. Was the architect of us finding space in the final third through his general languidness and tasty touch

cookieg

Might as well start him against Sheff Utd as opposed to Liverpool or Chelsea.

filham

The loss of Anderson and Reem is a big blow and Parker's decision on how to plug the hole is critical.
There are alternatives but the choice must be on the basis of how different players have performed in training, none of the options have been outstanding in matches.