watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR again. NFR

Started by gang, October 17, 2020, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Absolutely spoiling football, Liverpool goal ruled out.

sarnian

And Pickford has to be sent off.

fulhamben

as much as i hate var, i hate liverpool more, so on this occasion, im gonna say right decision
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

I turned the game off after that. They are intent on killing the beautiful game, and I have been watching less and less as a result. There have been so many climactic moments ruined by decisions like these and it's getting really tiring. Football is about moments, and in these moments are born memories that will stir a sense of triumph up to 60 years after they happened. Now they're being ruined by VAR and football fans are like an abused animal too scared to celebrate these moments for having being burned before. love VAR (in its current format) and whoever is using it in this manner, taking away the beauty of the game.

Dodgin

Did look a very fine margin, looked level to me but if was in our favour would go along with it

Wingnut

Fine margin but he looked off to me. Fair bit of needle in that game, for a change. The Merseyside derby has been a tame affair over the past few years. Pickford on VVD, Robertson on Allan and James. On a side note, Liverpool have scored and conceded 13 goals so far this season.

Edit: Fancy Arsenal against Man City later.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

I am getting the impression that we are getting more contentious decisions with VAR than we had without it.

Mince n Tatties

Neil Redfearn got it spot on this afternoon.
The clubs all need to stand with one another and tell them to feck Var out of it.
Football has got by with referees decisions since the game started,yes they get some things wrong,but they level out over the season.
He said it's terrible that we watch a great game of football,only to be talking about Var at the end,and not the game itself.

jarv

VAR is not the whole problem. All they need to do is change the rule to either daylight between players or feet only. An elbow or a nose should not count as offside.

Hatch007

Quote from: jarv on October 17, 2020, 06:30:58 PM
VAR is not the whole problem. All they need to do is change the rule to either daylight between players or feet only. An elbow or a nose should not count as offside.

Great shout, that 👍

If you took away the still image with the red line millimetres in front of the blue line, then to me the players looked level which is onside, or at least used to be unless they've tinkered with that rule also.

Not one Everton player appealed for offside and from their collective body language, all were convinced they'd conceded a winner for Liverpoool.

bog

They got the hump with inaccurate refs decisions before, so in came VAR. But still refs are deciding on the final opinion on a screen and still getting it wrong. Just have VAR for over the goal line, take what the ref gives and get on with it. They will get some decisions wrong but pundits please stop castigating them cos you could never ref a game.   

They say be careful what you wish for. 

092.gif 

Moltobueno

Quote from: fulhamben on October 17, 2020, 02:41:11 PM
as much as i hate var, i hate liverpool more, so on this occasion, im gonna say right decision

:005:

somerset cockernee

I would suggest doing away with off-side. Lots more goals and the players would be spread all over the pitch...much more entertaining to watch.

blingo

Quote from: bog on October 18, 2020, 08:58:01 AM
They got the hump with inaccurate refs decisions before, so in came VAR. But still refs are deciding on the final opinion on a screen and still getting it wrong. Just have VAR for over the goal line, take what the ref gives and get on with it. They will get some decisions wrong but pundits please stop castigating them cos you could never ref a game.   

They say be careful what you wish for. 

+1

092.gif 

Mince n Tatties

Five live said last evening 78% of fans want it kicked into touch.

SP

Just seen the Pickford assault for the first time, disgraceful.