Main Menu

Comparing Premiership squads

Started by General, October 17, 2020, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Which one is better?

2018/19

GKS - Fabri, Rico, Betts

DF - Bryan, Chambers, Christie, TFM, MLM, Djalo, Mawson, Odoi, Ream, S Sessegnon

MF - Anguissa, Cairney, Cisse, Johansen, Kebano, Markovic, Mcdonald, Nordveit, Seri

FWD - Ayite, Babel, Mitro, Schurrle, Sess, Vietto

2020/21

GK - Areola, Fabri, Rodak

DF - Tosin, Aina, Andersen, Bryan, Hector, Kongolo, MLM, Odoi, Ream, Robinson, Tete

MF - Anguissa, Cairney, Johansen, Kebano, Lemina, RLC, Mcdonald, Onomah, Reed, Seri

FWD - Cavaleiro, Kamara, Lookman, Mitro, Reid

Would argue we're stronger in every department this season apart from up front. One day, we may look through our entire squad and feel more confident that we have the quality in every position. Writing out the two squads though, just make you realise how poor our defence was last time we were up. Our options of Ream, Mawson (out injured), Odoi and Djalo....

WindyCity

Quote from: General on October 17, 2020, 02:55:49 PM

Which one is better?

2018/19

GKS - Fabri, Rico, Betts

DF - Bryan, Chambers, Christie, TFM, MLM, Djalo, Mawson, Odoi, Ream, S Sessegnon

MF - Anguissa, Cairney, Cisse, Johansen, Kebano, Markovic, Mcdonald, Nordveit, Seri

FWD - Ayite, Babel, Mitro, Schurrle, Sess, Vietto

2020/21

GK - Areola, Fabri, Rodak

DF - Tosin, Aina, Andersen, Bryan, Hector, Kongolo, MLM, Odoi, Ream, Robinson, Tete

MF - Anguissa, Cairney, Johansen, Kebano, Lemina, RLC, Mcdonald, Onomah, Reed, Seri

FWD - Cavaleiro, Kamara, Lookman, Mitro, Reid

Would argue we're stronger in every department this season apart from up front. One day, we may look through our entire squad and feel more confident that we have the quality in every position. Writing out the two squads though, just make you realise how poor our defence was last time we were up. Our options of Ream, Mawson (out injured), Odoi and Djalo....

Agreed.   Stronger side save FWD.

rebel

Definitely the current squad, we need to get what we have offensively scoring goals, we need to create more chances for that to happen.

alfie

Quote from: rebel on October 17, 2020, 03:52:49 PM
Definitely the current squad, we need to get what we have offensively scoring goals, we need to create more chances for that to happen.
I think with RLC and Lookman more chances will come and converted.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

MrFFC

This squad is much better than 2 years ago not even close
Come on you Whites!! :)

Hatch007

Quote from: fcfulham55 on October 17, 2020, 05:48:39 PM
I think the first squad edges it.

I trust you're kidding, right? Especially given the first squad also includes the January loanees/short-contract signings.

Come January I expect us to be even stronger. Just hope it's not too late by then to still be challenging for safety 🙏