watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Sheffield Utd 1-1 Fulham

Started by Milo, October 18, 2020, 01:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

How do we all feel as we get our first point of the season?

049:gif

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

..FOF..

Feels like there will be more!!!

Lookman, Robinson, Lemina and as usual Zambo.

Wingnut

Think we should have taken all three points but a point away to a side that is going to be in the relegation mix is not a bad result. The team is starting to take shape, you can see that. Our stats were much better today also. We dominated possession, had 15 shots, 6 on target. They were holding on for a point towards the end. Two massive games coming up now, at home.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Deeping_white

Mitro dropping a 0/10 really tops it off for me. If we're relying on him as our main goal threat we are down, he takes far too many chances to score. How many did he get today and how poor was his link up play.

VAR is pathetic, nobody thought that was a pen until it was freeze framed that Mitro touched their defender

Somerset Fulham

We improved as the game went on.  Sure it was against a rival who were there for the taking, and we are already behind the curve with regard to staying up, but there were encouraging signs.

I have my concerns about Mitro though, he hasn't looked right to me since his injury last season.

TC's Sporran

who was it who took it off mitros head from a cairney cross? i thought that would have been a dead cert goal

Caedal

Pros

Adarabioyo looks a great signing. Lookman really grew into the game. Thought Lamina looked lively when he came on. We have 1 point

Cons

Mitrovic was abysmal. Cav played another 90 mins and did literally nothing again. Attacking play especially in the first half was really poor. Relying too much on individual brilliance. Disappointing to have thrown away the win

Digger

Would of been useful to pick up welbeck today  :doh:

davew

We moved the ball forward with a lot more pace, I am beginning to think we might win a few games this season after all!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

VamosFFC

Anyone want to fault Ream today? Thought he had a really great game alongside Tosin. Can't fault him at all today.

On another note, Aina needs to work on his ball control and passing.

Bassey the warrior

Mixed feelings. Should've been down by a few goals first half, but were the better team second half. Mitro had a shocker. Adarabioyo was outstanding and Ream did well.
Lookman was very very good 2nd half and scored a genius goal.

Overall a fair result but disappointing.

Rj Fulham

The var can go jump In a  hole,  you not allowed to compete for the ball now?

Tabby

Well, hopefully Mitrovic won't have a worse game than that the rest of the season. Sheffield U had a fair amount of chances, but they seemed more dangerous than they were because they were offside most of the time.

Aderabiyo looking good. Lookman, what a player. RLC looked like a straight upgrade on Onomah, same strength but with more pace and better technique. Aina looked gassed towards the end.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: VamosFFC on October 18, 2020, 01:59:01 PM
Anyone want to fault Ream today? Thought he had a really great game alongside Tosin. Can't fault him at all today.

On another note, Aina needs to work on his ball control and passing.

Both centre backs did very well.

bencher

At half time I'd have been quite happy with 1-1, as they should have been comfortably ahead. Overall can't complaint too hard, but feels like the game was for there for the taking. Problem is these are exactly the kind of games you have to win if you are going to stay up. Two years ago we had a number of close ones and you need to make them 3 points.

jayffc

Think we look hugely improved.

Lookman is an absolute baller
RLC will improve the turnover of the ball in midfield
Lookman looks like inspiring Cairney
Areola looked quality
Tosin looks the real deal, put Kongolo alongside him and I like the look of that

F VAR...that pen for me is soft as s*** ....they sky the ball and he brushes his ankle as they both make an attempt for the ball, both fall over like they've been assaulted...tripe.

VamosFFC

Kebano needs to start in place of Cav. We need another Lookman on the right and Kebano is the closest we have right now.

Lazarus451

Lookman was great! Disappointing result but promising playing in the end

Milo

I felt penalty was a shocking decision. Barely clipped his boot. There'll be 5 penalties a game if that's the threshold for gods sake.

Felt Robinson has secured his LB spot. Very secure, and a threat at times going forward.

New CB Tosin passed out from back well and laid a good offside trap.

Anguissa as ever retains possession well and suddenly goes up the gears with quick feet.

Lookman a real handful. Rich man's Kebano? Quick feet and a quality end product.

Loftus Cheek didn't look out of place but perhaps a little rusty/lacking form so no real impact per se.

Mitrovic.. well. Just a bad day at the office. No lack of effort. Probably the international midweek game affected him.