watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today - credit or debit for Parker?

Started by Whitesideup, October 18, 2020, 06:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Think we all agree it was a game of two halves today, but do we credit Parker for the team talk at half-time and the turnaround? or is he in debit for the first-half performance? On the one hand, our second-half performance was (I thought) really good and only individual error meant we didn't win, but then if it was so easy to change, why didn't we do it in the first-half? I don't want to pre-empt your views with mine, so if anyone does have an opinion, I would be interested to hear it.

Luka

He did say in the post match interview that he had to sort a couple of things out in the interval, and he did. I will give give him a credit for that.

blingo

Sorry but I still feel that Parker lacks the experience needed for the premiership. I hope I am wrong.

Statto

Player for player, Sheffield United are woeful IMO. Far worse than our current team and probably worse than the team we had in the Championship.

But we know they punch above their weight so today was never going to be an easy 3 points.

I was very happy with his team selection, thought we had the better of the game overall, and he did particularly well to intervene at half-time much more effectively than his counterpart Wilder. So it's credit to Parker today IMO.

WestSussexWhite

I think we were caught off guard be Berge. He's been playing deeper for Sheff United this season. And I think Fulham were expecting the same today, however, at half time, he made sure Beege did not get the ball as easily in the second half. So I will give Parker credit for identifying and amending tha

Finnans Right Peg

He does get some credit for goin with tosin and tatical switches at half time but I just don't understand why Cav starts and stays on for soooooo long

Tabby

Think he should have subbed off Cav towards the end of the game and put on Kebano or Kamara to play on the counter. Also would prefer if the team is set up before half time.

Can't fault much about the second half though. Penalty was given away through some individual mistakes and there were enough chances that the game should have been won.

davew

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on October 18, 2020, 06:34:12 PM
He does get some credit for goin with tosin and tatical switches at half time but I just don't understand why Cav starts and stays on for soooooo long
+1, at the moment he is the weakest link.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on October 18, 2020, 06:30:22 PM
Player for player, Sheffield United are woeful IMO. Far worse than our current team and probably worse than the team we had in the Championship.

But we know they punch above their weight so today was never going to be an easy 3 points.

I was very happy with his team selection, thought we had the better of the game overall, and he did particularly well to intervene at half-time much more effectively than his counterpart Wilder. So it's credit to Parker today IMO.
I am pleased to say that I agree with Statto. It was a new set-up with new players, so maybe understandable that the first half wasn't good. I hope it was Parker's intervention that made the difference, though Wilder maintained it was their ineptitude (reading between the lines) that gave us control of the second half. Maybe a bit of both, because I also agree with Statto in his assessment of Sheffield Utd. It will be interesting to see if they have now been sussed by Premier League opponents. They will be organized and work hard, (and have a very good keeper) but not a lot of quality.

filham

Getting this new team of ours to play together just after an international break was a big task, I think Parker has done well and we can now expect improvement with time.

Just a bit puzzled why Cav. got a full 90 minutes when there are so many options.

ashteadFFC

Credit to Parker I think. Like others on this thread the only thing I don't get is why Cav is playing ahead of others. He is now playing on the right - which I thought was the problem previously - but he is not doing a lot. His head doesn't seem in the right place to me - when he is on it he is good - I just haven't seen him on it for FFC for a long time.

andyk

Credit to Scott Parker.  Worked out the game and second half performance was much better.
They never got a look in, never got in behind us and got a lucky penalty. 
Even then we finished the stronger, only one team trying to win in the last few minutes.