watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lemina > Cav.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 18, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Surely Lemina must start, even if on the wing. Cavs is useless.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

AnOldBrownie

Oh...never even considered Lemina on the RW...

Hmmm.....  :plus one:    Get our best players on the pitch.

Arthur

While I wouldn't expect to see Lemina out wide, I do think he is too good a player to remain on the bench. Perhaps, when everyone is fit, we might see a starting XI of Areola, Tete, Robinson, Adarabioyo, Andersen, Kongolo, Lemina, Anguissa, Cairney, Loftus-Cheek, Lookman. With that line-up, we might even stay up.

Mr K.Dilkington

Anybody > Cav atm. He offers nothing with horrible end product
Foolish ham

Hatch007

General

Quote from: Arthur on October 18, 2020, 11:01:09 PM
While I wouldn't expect to see Lemina out wide, I do think he is too good a player to remain on the bench. Perhaps, when everyone is fit, we might see a starting XI of Areola, Tete, Robinson, Adarabioyo, Andersen, Kongolo, Lemina, Anguissa, Cairney, Loftus-Cheek, Lookman. With that line-up, we might even stay up.

I think we should consider a 4-4-2 and I think it's silly to leave Mitro out. I'd also consider keeping Aina in for Tete.. Tete in my view got caught out quite a bit when he played. Aina is more cautious, which I appreciate isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'd take a more solid defensive foundation over the idea of having wing backs play. I think if we give our midfield a solid foundation defensively, then our midfield will, alongside our attack find the goals.

I think

Areola

Aina
Andersen
Tosin/Kongolo
Robinson

RLC, Lemina, Anguissa, Cairney?/Lookman

Mitro and BDR?

The Rational Fan

If can sort out the back half of the field (GK, RB, RCB, LCB, LB & DM), then i'm sure the front half with Anguissa, RLC, Lookman, Mitro and rotation winger will keep us in the relegation battle til the next window.

winterline

I'd like to see Bryan on the left and Lookman on the right, Bryan seems to look for Mitro more than anyone else, Cav can be in reserves atm. Lemina can come on for RLC, then be CAM or swap with TC

FFC In Oz

How about shifting RLC to the right and playing Lemina in the middle?

Deeping_white

You could almost play a 4-2-2-2 so you'd have Cairney and Zambo as the two holding CM's, RLC and Lemina floating as more advanced CM's and Lookman and Mitro up front, with Lookman adopting a more fluid role to find space and cause some problems. It would be similar to the system Watford used a few seasons ago when they were still half decent, and when we transition to defending it looks more like a 4-5-1

Bronaldinho

Sooner we move to a diamond, the better to be honest.

Lookman can play as a striker with Mitrovic, and our best players are CM's so we should aim to get more on the field.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

bencher

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 19, 2020, 09:56:25 AM
Sooner we move to a diamond, the better to be honest.

Lookman can play as a striker with Mitrovic, and our best players are CM's so we should aim to get more on the field.

I'm not a fan of playing a diamond. I remember all too well how rubbish we were when we played a diamond midfield under Kit Symons. Central midfielders only want to play in the middle, full backs end up getting too high up the pitch and we get slaughtered on the counter in the space vacated.

Arthur

Quote from: Hatch007 on October 18, 2020, 11:06:25 PM
@Arthur
No Mitro?

Correct.

Formation:
                                       Areola
               Adarabioyo    Andersen    Kongolo
   Tete                                                                 Robinson
                                     Anguissa
                     Lemina                         Cairney
                                   Loftus-Cheek
                                      Lookman

davew

Quote from: Arthur on October 19, 2020, 05:34:57 PM
Quote from: Hatch007 on October 18, 2020, 11:06:25 PM
@Arthur
No Mitro?

Correct.

Formation:
                                       Areola
               Adarabioyo    Andersen    Kongolo
   Tete                                                                 Robinson
                                     Anguissa
                     Lemina                         Cairney
                                   Loftus-Cheek
                                      Lookman
Amazing only 1 player in the team from our Championship promotion team, just shows we have more options now. I wonder how many new signings were playing in the 6th game of the 2018/19 season in the PL?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: General on October 18, 2020, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: Arthur on October 18, 2020, 11:01:09 PM

I think we should consider a 4-4-2 and I think it's silly to leave Mitro out. I'd also consider keeping Aina in for Tete.. Tete in my view got caught out quite a bit when he played. Aina is more cautious, which I appreciate isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'd take a more solid defensive foundation over the idea of having wing backs play. I think if we give our midfield a solid foundation defensively, then our midfield will, alongside our attack find the goals.

I think

Areola

Aina
Andersen
Tosin/Kongolo
Robinson

RLC, Lemina, Anguissa, Cairney?/Lookman

Mitro and BDR?
aina gives the ball away more than a ball boy
Tete looked really good and it's so typical he got injured!

FFC1987

Lemina isn't a winger. I can see him, Cairney and Zambo providing cover for each other as the season goes on. So expect some bench appearances from Cairney if Lemina keeps progressing. That's absolutely not a criticism of Cairney, but I think Lemina provides more defensive strengths, along with confidence on the ball which also allows Anguissa to continue to do his forward dribbling runs. Ironically, something that Lemina is also really strong at.

WestSussexWhite

Both anguissa and Lemina played together at Marseille to I believe and are good friends

filham

Things were begiining to tick over nicely in the second half against Shef. U. , lets not tinker simply replace Cav., there are plenty of options, and see how that goes.

Milo

I suspect we will keep the current formation as it is:

Areola
Tete - Anderson - Tosin - Robinson
Anguissa - Cairney
Lemina - RLC - Lookman
Mitrovic

Then switch Lookman and Lemina sides throughout game.

Impact subs are:

Kamara
Bryan

I'd even be tempted to put Bryan on instead of Lemina and switch the wingers so Bryan is left and Lookman is coming inside with that wicked L foot..

WolverineFFC

Quote from: OhConnah on October 18, 2020, 08:03:00 PM
Surely Lemina must start, even if on the wing. Cavs is useless.

I watched Everton line up in a 4-3-3 against Liverpool with no winger on the right. Ancelloti had 3 center mids on the pitch, Doucoure was covering for James out wide most of the 1st half. It was even narrower when Coleman went out and Godrey had to play FB. Don't see why SP could not do the same thing. Then you can use Reed, Lemina, or JO out wide in their defensive role. Each is a capable dribbler, so they can still drive the play down the right effectively when there are openings.

Aina-Tosin-?-AR
   ML-TC-FZA
  RLC-Mitro-Look