more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lemina > Cav.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 18, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Quote from: FFC In Oz on October 19, 2020, 06:18:42 AM
How about shifting RLC to the right and playing Lemina in the middle?

Parker has already come out & said Loftus-Cheek will play central
Come on you Whites!! :)

junior white

I agree we should get ou r best player son the pitch, but surely in their right positions. PLaying someone out of position usually wouldn't help them produce their best. Lemina isn't a wide player neither is RLC (think he once described himself as box to box,  not sure i am convinced by that). Better to get the best player sin their positions on the pitch rather than ramming a square peg in a round hole

b+w geezer

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 18, 2020, 11:03:23 PM
Anybody > Cav atm. He offers nothing with horrible end product
A separate thread about Cav, slighty earlier than this, sees half the respondents differ from your 'offering nothing' verdict, though with none of them praising end product.

As regards the original question concerning Lemina, apparently he has sometimes in his career played RB.  That would not make him a mirror image of Lookman, but could qualify him for the role occupied by Cav yesterday, which was often as an extra defender, wide. It does need good lung-power to be able to bomb upfield regularly as a break from defending. But if Lemina has that (about which I've no idea) then maybe.

General

Lemina is a middle of the park action player, has an eye for being creative, good energy and desire to make things happen.

I'd go with

RLC----Anguissa------Cairney

----------------Lemina---------

And reverting to a flat four when defending, or a 1-3 with Anguissa sitting deeper and Lemina dropping into a CM role from an AM role when we attack. RLC is a right footer and Cairney Left so would make sense.

Inmyday75

Quote from: bencher on October 19, 2020, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 19, 2020, 09:56:25 AM
Sooner we move to a diamond, the better to be honest.

Lookman can play as a striker with Mitrovic, and our best players are CM's so we should aim to get more on the field.

I'm not a fan of playing a diamond. I remember all too well how rubbish we were when we played a diamond midfield under Kit Symons. Central midfielders only want to play in the middle, full backs end up getting too high up the pitch and we get slaughtered on the counter in the space vacated.
Probably due to Kit's selection policy rather then the system. Anyone who picks Sean Kavanagh ahead of Patrick Roberts can't expect positive results. Yes, I know I really should let that one go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

For me, Cairney needs to sit on the bench. He's been found out by the better players and isn't up to this league. We have better options. Same with Cav. All bluster and no real quality. Both ideal in the championship, so keep them around this season.

WestSussexWhite

Anguissa cannot play as a lone DM he is not disciplined enough, he is far more effective in the 'double-pivot' RLC will play in a central attacking midfield role, and currently Anguissa and Cairney are in possession further back. It will more than likely be Cav or Joe Bryan the other winger because they offer so much defensively. Which is key for the way Parker wants us to play