more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin highlight reel from his debut

Started by General, October 19, 2020, 10:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGh8uVBJN_z/

Really impressive when you see it all highlighted, some really nice aggresive balls forward (and accurate), very composed. If he keeps this up, he'll be a steal for £1.5. Hopefully he can be a stalwart over years.

sonnyjim

£1.5million was a massive bargain based on his performance on Sunday.

Denver Fulham

He played to rep -- he's very good on the ball, and a little more suspect as a defender (which didn't get challenged that much, but you saw a couple of late reactions to danger in the first half). Overall, a very nice debut. We'll know more when we face sides with more attacking threat, but for the price, it's hard to imagine he won't be worth the investment.

Statto

Agreed, very promising and potentially a great long-term asset

bog

A calm ball playing centre back. Very impressive debut.  :54:

092.gif

bencher

What I particularly like about him is the weight of pass when he bypasses the first line of press. Very often it is slightly underhit by other CBs and the pressing team can nip in but he plays it nice and flat with good zip and relieves pressure and sets us up for a quick attack.

This is exactly the kind of thing that is meant by "ball playing CB" and what we didn't get from Mawson for example.

As an aside, there are aspects of his play that remind of Patrick Vieira and I wonder whether he was ever tried as a DCM. But I'm happy enough for him to play CB with a more aggressive CB partner.

supersimmo123

What I loved about him is every pass he played was forwards. He moved the ball with speed which started many of our attacks. Really top draw performance by him. The disallowed "own goal" was unfortunate but not a lot he could have done!

Mr K.Dilkington

mild yaya toure vibes when he steps forward
Foolish ham

filham

He should be congratulated on a good debut but early days , lets wait for a couple of more matches before singing his praises from the Cottage rooftops.

sunburywhite

I like the way he doesnt make the "obvious" pass

He desnt take the easy route and give it out to the full back
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

General

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 20, 2020, 06:29:16 PM

I have to say, When I saw the highlight reel again his eye for a pass quickly surpassed the scope that I'd been considering as we've for so long been passing it sideways or doing short passes across the back line etc... taken completely by suprise when he kept playing aggressive forward balls and accurately to players much further up the pitch. Makes a huge difference.

The effect on how we play, but also how teams defend us and attack is marked. A few balls he played, he cut out their entire forward line and some of their midfield... when you're playing against that, you're really having to approach this a lot more cautiously.

In fact, watching it back there are genuinely a few instances where the balls he played took 5 sheffield Utd players out of the game by playing a ball through the lines and past them. could be huge, not only in how opposing teams set up against us, but how we get time to play our game.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: General on October 20, 2020, 06:32:08 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on October 20, 2020, 06:29:16 PM

I have to say, When I saw the highlight reel again his eye for a pass quickly surpassed the scope that I'd been considering as we've for so long been passing it sideways or doing short passes across the back line etc... taken completely by suprise when he kept playing aggressive forward balls and accurately to players much further up the pitch. Makes a huge difference.

The effect on how we play, but also how teams defend us and attack is marked. A few balls he played, he cut out their entire forward line and some of their midfield... when you're playing against that, you're really having to approach this a lot more cautiously.

In fact, watching it back there are genuinely a few instances where the balls he played took 5 sheffield Utd players out of the game by playing a ball through the lines and past them. could be huge, not only in how opposing teams set up against us, but how we get time to play our game.

100% agree.