more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How to counter Zaha?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 19, 2020, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 19, 2020, 05:12:17 PM
He's played as a striker in a 2 up top mainly this season. I think we need to play deep this game and give them no room to run in behind

I agree, we cannot allow them to run in behind our defence, we have to play deeper. Roy will set palace up to draw us out and hit us on the break. But I worry about Aina being capable of handling Zaha and knowing Roy he will have done his homework, so Fulham have to set their stall out to deal with the threat, but there is a wider picture and it is important that we give Palace something to think about.
But ultimately Roy Hodgson will do what he did at Fulham and set Palace up to draw us out and hit us on the break. We have to be cuter than them and play them at their own game. Keep our shape supported by depth and balance, and in the absence of a man to man shadow marker we may have to double up on Zaha without taking eye off our game plan. With Roy Hodgson it is always like a game of chess, that is why Fulham need to make Palace march to the beat of our drum.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

A Mitro hat trick in the first fifteen minutes would deflate Zaha and the complete Palace team, bet Parker hasn't thought  that.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on October 20, 2020, 06:37:12 PM
A Mitro hat trick in the first fifteen minutes would deflate Zaha and the complete Palace team, bet Parker hasn't thought  that.

and neither has anyone else.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

Perhaps Palace are asking "How to counter Lookman"!

alfie

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on October 21, 2020, 04:07:13 PM
Perhaps Palace are asking "How to counter Lookman"!
Agree, we have someone for them to worry about, we as Fulham supporters always seem to focus on the negative, it would be nice to have the positive view just for a change.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barrett487

Fredericks would probably do ok against  him, a fullback with speed to have have a chance of covering his own missed tackles.

Having said that... how many assists and goals, apart from pens, has he had this year?

cmg

No problem. Just get him to run full tilt into RLC.
Lowe crumpling like a wet paper bag was the funniest thing I've seen this season. Both managers seemed amused, too.

Jims Dentist

b+w geezer

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 20, 2020, 07:30:07 AM
Cav is likely selected by Scott because he is (relatively) dependable defensively. Now if he could only manage to score or assist once in a blue moon...
As you say in both respects.

Slaphead in Qatar

Sadly Zaha was not countered

SP

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 24, 2020, 05:07:02 PM

In truth, the goal post left more of a mark on Zaha than our defence did.  Then again, the goal post is probably more mobile than our defence?

rebel

Quote from: SP on October 24, 2020, 05:26:45 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 24, 2020, 05:07:02 PM

In truth, the goal post left more of a mark on Zaha than our defence did.  Then again, the goal post is probably more mobile than our defence?

The defenders stood off Zaha, they should of challenged him and they stood way off Townsend. Both goals were created by 'slide rule' passes, both could have been avoided.