News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WBA V Burnley (don't change my thread title)

Started by JoelH5, October 19, 2020, 07:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Finished 0-0. I know it's early but that's a good result for us. Beat Palace and we could be out of the relegation zone
I was there, standing in the Putney end

andyk

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 19, 2020, 07:39:00 PM
Finished 0-0. I know it's early but that's a good result for us. Beat Palace and we could be out of the relegation zone

I would agree.  Despite the optimism after the second half at Sheffield, we need to be realistic.  We are, probably, in a four way battle with WBA, Sheff U and Burnley.  We need to win that mini-league, so the more draws between them the better.  Then if we can pinch home victories against them, and draw away, it gives us 5 or 6 point advantage.

SP

The report suggested a drab encounter.   049:gif

bog

One thing we were not 2nd half was drab.

092.gif

The Swan

With the 0-0 draw betewwn West Brom and Burnley we hav dropped to the bottom of the Premier League again.

Next two home games are must wins for us.
The Swan

ex-Pat

Dump Cairney,put Lookman in he's spot  Cheek insteD off Mitro...

WolverineFFC

Fulham need to finish 17th this season. That means finish above SHU, Burnley, and WBA. A draw today helps the club accomplish this.

Moltobueno

ironically the draw that put us in the bottom, was the best result for us from that game

Wingnut

Watched the second half of this and it was a poor game. Burnley look short and SD doesn't have much/any money to spend. West Brom tried hard but they didn't have enough quality to break Burnley down.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Andy S

And we probably won't have either. But no game is a must win game at this time of the season in our position

JoelH5

Why has the name of my post changed to WBA V Burnley puts Fulham back to the bottom? My post was about how it is a good result they drew now someone has changed my post to make it negative. There was nothing wrong with my post. You can't just change it to suit and change what I was saying. I want to know which mod did it as they obviously have an agenda

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on October 20, 2020, 10:51:24 AM
Why has the name of my post changed to WBA V Burnley puts Fulham back to the bottom? My post was about how it is a good result they drew now someone has changed my post to make it negative. There was nothing wrong with my post. You can't just change it to suit and change what I was saying. I want to know which mod did it as they obviously have an agenda

I am pretty sure that they just merged two threads together since they covered the exact same thing but with two different titles. Thus likely no agenda but an honest 'mistake' or consequence of the merge. But that is just my guess.

JoelH5

Quote from: Sting of the North on October 20, 2020, 11:01:50 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on October 20, 2020, 10:51:24 AM

I am pretty sure that they just merged two threads together since they covered the exact same thing but with two different titles. Thus likely no agenda but an honest 'mistake' or consequence of the merge. But that is just my guess.

Fair enough but it's still completely changed what the thread was saying. It's a possitive post after a possitive result made into more negativity.

filham

Good to see both West Brom and Burnley dropping 2 points. We need more results like that with a couple of wins for us at the same time and we will all be feeling better.

colinwhite

Quote from: ex-Pat on October 19, 2020, 09:42:23 PM
Dump Cairney,put Lookman in he's spot  Cheek insteD off Mitro...

glad your not picking the team pal !

Fulham Joe

Quoteglad your not picking the team pal !

Me too, I think Cairney has been fantastic recently.

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on October 19, 2020, 08:12:37 PM
The report suggested a drab encounter.   049:gif

Drab doesn't come close to how bad it was! I rarely have nothing good to say about an encounter in the Prem, but this was soul-destroying to watch. It was like one of those movies where the trailers gave you expectations, and you then watched it to the end wondering if it was ever going to get started.

Apart from that, quite and enjoyable game  :022:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jims Dentist

Burnley often start the season badly, but usually pull well clear.
There is usually a number of teams who have bad runs and flirt with relegation during the season, a tough run of fixtures can cause this.