A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rate our transfer window

Started by We Are Premier League, October 20, 2020, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 equals Spectacular, how woudl you rate our transfer window?

We Are Premier League

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 is Spectacular), how would you rate our transfer window?

GK:
Areola in on LOAN

Def:
Tete 3m
Aina LOAN 2m fee and 11m option to buy
Robinson 2m
Adarabioyo 2m
Kongolo 4m
Andersen LOAN 1m fee

Mid:
Anguissa back from loan
Reed 6m
RLC LOAN
Lemina LOAN 2m fee and 6m option to buy

For:
Lookman LOAN 2m fee

Not much action on the Exit door as of yet (will be more clear later today...):
Betts, Mawson, Sess, Knockaert, christie out on loan.
TBC for Seri, Johansen etc.

Penfold

A bit too early to comment as haven't seen enough of the new signings yet.

We Are Premier League

I must admit that i am more than satisfied. Yes, it would have been a lot better if the deals were done earlier...but the whole pandemic thing was probably not helping.

GK -  Above expectation. unlikely we can retain him but Rodak will hopefully learn from him.

DEF - Above expectation. Very good value across the board. 2 solid full back on each side and 3 new CB's. We might have an outside chance to buy Andersen if he has a good but not spectacular year. Not (yet) sure that Aina is an 11m player but he might get there in time.

Mid - Above expectation. Yes, a big strong angry CDM would have been nice but this group is still above expections. Reed was class last year and we all wanted him back as a priority. Lemina, Anguissa and RLC all have optential to be Championsleague players on a good day. We can never afford to buy RLC but Lemina can well stay on next season.

Att - Not great. Lookman looks class but we dont have an option to buy. But hey, if Mitro and Lookman can stay fit for 11 more games, the Jan window is always an option...     

bill taylors apprentice

Too early to say but............

If all the signings play to their potential I would give it an 8 for talent spotting,  considering how little its cost us so far.

The problem is always the time it takes to get players in and assimilated into the team, for that I give a 3.

Whitesideup

Gave it a 7, partly on the basis that it is a bit too early to say, partly that I'm not sure if we haven't overloaded the midfield at the expense of attacking options.

Views so far though:
Areola - quality (though I still have faith in Rodak)
Andersen - not a scoobies and won't have for some time;
Kongolo - don't know, haven't seen him yet;
Robinson - a snip;
Aina - too early to say;
Tosin - great debut, high hopes; 
Lemina - looks the part;
RLC - jury still out for me; 
Lookman - possibly the best of the bunch with a fantastic winning mentality, but early days.

One fear - it's a whole lot of players all coming in in a short space of time.

ianthailand

I gave a 4 purely because the Drama Queen was too late again. He likes his name being mentioned after the window closes as it feeds his inflated ego. Sorry Tony but it's time to get a professional (full time) in. We missed the chance of getting 3 or 4 of the opening 12 points by waiting until the last minute to purchase/loan a couple of CB's.

bencher

I think we have to ignore the ones that we were linked with but never happened as we'll never have the full story on those. Even the timing part is somewhat unfair, because we cannot make a transfer happen if a selling club is holding out for better bids or a player for better teams to join. All we can judge is have the players brought in improved us.

I think we have to say that on the evidence so far, it is a resounding yes. Aina probably still needs to show a bit more to justify being an upgrade on e.g. Christie. That is not to say that it will be enough to keep us up, and we will need some better luck along the way than we've had so far.  But we're in with a chance.

Mullers OG

Incoming players 7/10.  Would have been higher if another striker had been signed or loaned.  GK excellent, though Rodak is unfortunate to lose his place but has an opportunity to learn from Areola.  Defence and midfield considerably improved although regrettable it wasn't done before the season started.  Lookman could make himself a FFC star.

Outgoings 3/10.  This was the time to sell or loan out those who are arguably past their best but have been great servants to the club such as Johansen and McDonald, those who are probably surplus to requirements such as Fabri, Seri and MLM, and those like Kamara who are not up to standard.

Jim©

Pretty decent on the incomings, though I'd have liked a CF to push Mitro a bit
GK:
Areola in on LOAN- with the option is a good idea- stay up we can keep him I'd guess. Looks pretty solid.

Def:
Tete 3m- Looks a bargain, great crosser of the ball
Aina LOAN 2m fee and 11m option to buy- looks pretty good though has rarely played RB in the last two seasons (mainly LM/RM)
Robinson 2m- great athlete and looks quick enough to recover a la Fredericks.
Adarabioyo 2m- Looks like a great one for the future, better than solid debut
Kongolo 4m- had people raving about him in Holland, can he refind that form, if he does it's a bit of a bargain.
Andersen LOAN 1m fee- not seen a whole load of him, so not sure but seems like the calibre of signing we'd need.

Mid:
Anguissa back from loan- liked him before, like him even more now
Reed 6m- good tenacious little player that every squad could do with
RLC LOAN- never been wholly sold on him, but will be interesting to see how he improves as he gets fitter
Lemina LOAN 2m fee and 6m option to buy- good quality player that will get better if he gets game time. Could be a real steal IMO.

For:
Lookman LOAN 2m fee- shame we didn't get an option on him, think we all like the look of him already. Stunned he's not been playing in Germany, seems odd considering his talent. Apparently was Scot's number one target when we got promoted.

So all in all a 8 on incomings, but a poor 4 or so on outgoings- shame that players will not make the squad- don't think we're in a position as a club to have £100k (guess) of wages per week wasted. Also, on a value point of view- Tete, Adarabio, Robinson and Kongolo for 70% of what Matty Cash cost seems like very good value to me.

Bassey the warrior

We have strengthened all positions except for up front. Even though we're all disappointed and worried that we didn't get more firepower in, I think you have to give Tony credit for the people brought in and how cheap they were. So far they've all hit the ground running and not needed any time to adapt, which suggests he picked the right profile of player.

An 8 from me, but if Mitrovic were to get injured, I may have to reconsider.

Bronaldinho

The players that came in were of the highest quality.

Keeping Anguissa, and getting him motivated is a huge boost for our squad.

The only downsides were Delays in deals due to COVID and other complications (changing fees at last minute) and missing out on a striker/winger.

TK Could have prevented that, but the players he did bring in he done well on.

Not saying he's the best at it - but he done well to secure the players, but cost us a number of weeks by playing silly buggers with fees after a medical.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

toshes mate

Our recruitment has been found wanting since TK took things over, although none of us will ever be able to give credible evidence that someone else would have done better.  Is anything different about this last window?  Well we have certainly fared better on first appearances of the newcomers and so much will depend upon what happens in the next few months, but I am hopeful all the recruits have sufficient fighting quality to want to lift us out of a relegation struggle into a position of being competitive in the tougher games.  Four out of ten from me simply because I don't think TK is the right person to head our recruitment process especially since he isn't giving it or cannot give it 100% of his time.

Mr K.Dilkington

I'd say a 7 is fair. Some smart acquisitions but not signing back up/ competition for mitrovic is going to hurt us.
We're not going to give any our of academy strikers i.e Stansfield or that scottish one a chance to compete with him most likely, so we have messed up.

Not saying they're necessarily ready but I doubt they'll even get bench time in the pl realistically.
Foolish ham

FulhamStu

Will need to see how players perform, but based so far on Tete, Aina, Robinson, Tosin, Areola, Lookman and RLC so far I would say 8/10.  Based on value for money I would say potentially 10/10, based on major needs, ie fullback and central defence potentially 9/10, based on attack 5/10 purely due to Lookman looking so good.   Very hopeful that we will look back and celebrate a great window.  Unlike others, I will not focus on TKhan but on the footballers and coaches that will now either deliver or not !

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: toshes mate on October 20, 2020, 02:30:53 PM
Our recruitment has been found wanting since TK took things over, although none of us will ever be able to give credible evidence that someone else would have done better.  Is anything different about this last window?  Well we have certainly fared better on first appearances of the newcomers and so much will depend upon what happens in the next few months, but I am hopeful all the recruits have sufficient fighting quality to want to lift us out of a relegation struggle into a position of being competitive in the tougher games.  Four out of ten from me simply because I don't think TK is the right person to head our recruitment process especially since he isn't giving it or cannot give it 100% of his time.
agree. Even if TK gave 100% of his time i don't think he has the football knowledge for the job anyway
Foolish ham

filham

Lets reserve judgement until Christmas but there are some really good early signs. Suspect Seri may be taking home a good wage and adding little to the team.

Statto

Incoming transfers (and i'll be kind and not count Knockaert):
Value for money: 8/10 (Would be higher, but I suspect the option prices on Areola, Aina and Lemina are high)
Actual quality: 7/10 (Yes we've improved but none of them except Areola would get in a top half team's starting XI)
Timing: 2/10 (Most active club on deadline day, again)

Outgoing transfers:
2/10 (Pretty woeful to remain lumbered with what, £7-8m worth of wages on players that aren't even going to play)

Overall - 5/10   

MrFFC

I would say 7/8. I think we had a really good window adding quality I think we have a good shot at survival. I would say the timing etc of our signings are odd but we done well. Lack of back up striker to Mitro only negative from the window for me. Defence & midfield strengthened & Lookman brought in who has a lot of quality out wide. Overall a good window
Come on you Whites!! :)

Woolly Mammoth

6/10 for me as I am in a generous mood, but no more.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MayoDomo

I think a 6 or 7. There's a chance we might have done what we needed to stay up, but I'm worried that many of our better players, RLC, Lookman, Areola, Anderson TBD, are in on loan without option to buy. That being said the players we have brought in permanently we have down for a ridiculously low price.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!